1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

now you just have to fix the knight's infinite wall jumping bug! (I really don't care if it's balanced, I just don't find it necessary)

ThePiemaster and Noburu like this.
  2. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

I think it's time to change the way knight shields work in the air. With only two places to shield(up and down) and the now lowered shield radius, any knight put on the defensive suffers.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you're talking about the sideways shielding not being able to be swapped back to from gliding or sliding, that's also already changed for next patch.

bobotype, ParaLogia, Joiken and 2 others like this.
  4. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have one proposition. Lot of people have a problem with choppy Beta and they can`t do anything with it (faster graphics are not helping them) so i have an idea (i think you wouldn`t to do this but i`m just trying) Make an option known in Minecraft as AdvancedOpenGL. It makes your computer isn`t loading things what you can`t see. Is it posible?

Sorry, my english is bad :(

Konfitur and TheDragon253 like this.
  5. no

norill likes this.
  6. Porti

Ok. I knew that. Life is brutal ::(:

Konfitur and TheDragon253 like this.
  7. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

:thumbs_up:

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Finally... now I can enjoy my time standing on a corner with a guy under me without any worry of getting my toes slashed off. :D

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I'm pretty sure that's called culling. But KAG is a 2D game. There's nothing behind the camera.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

What the guy above just said. If I'm right, in minecraft, advanced opengl hides chunks that aren't visible. There is no chunk on KAG. Everything that is out of the view is not rendered.

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

MC has a LOT of different settings which can improve fps though, unrelated to 3d/whatever.

Konfitur likes this.
  12. Something like that would actually be helpful since now i'm on my older laptop and @Mazey doesn't want to sell his body to pay me a cpu...

13. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

yes guys, these are all very knowledgable, specific suggestions on how to improve KAG! Chop chop, devs, make the game faster, like Minecraft!

14. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Although Minecraft is not the greatest example of optimization, it IS a good example of giving a user plenty of graphical options.
    That said, KAG still is the laggiest game I have on this computer! ::D:
    Though that does depend on how long a match goes...stupid blob buildup.

Ontopic: Can't wait to see the current balances further tweaked! Perfection makes perfect! ...wait...

Konfitur and Joiken like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just to chime in on "potential optimisations to rendering" - rendering KAG is really not the bottleneck. In general with unlocked FPS any modern computer will be clocking 100s of frames. The bottleneck is updating all the stuff in the game, and while we often do optimisation passes on that, there's only so much you can do before 1000+ objects with their own scripts and network sync to run starts running slowly on a shitty computer.

Konfitur and Joiken like this.
  16. Geti

Unfortunate (ish) update on the patch - will have to wait til Monday, I can't stay around to make sure everything is working tonight and it needs more testing.

17. Porti

:QQ:

Konfitur likes this.
  18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hey Geti, are you gonna do anything about the red barrier ricochet...? Annoys me to no end... o -o
    Can't get close without being shoved back. Story of my life... :QQ:

19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

It's not a gigantic problem unless you want to build right next to the barrier, and it prevents Archers from spamming arrows across the map before the game begins.

It's functional right now, so I don't think changing it is very high on the to-do list.

tl;dr - Don't count on it.

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It was rather funny to kill enemies at classic like that, heh, bring it back.