1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ShinySkies

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ShinySkies, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Yeah i know :p

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

From what I've seen in-game, +1
    Lack of seriousness in application, -1 (You really should take any application seriously. Cookies may be delicious, but really have no place in an admin application as many times as you put them.)

1-1=0

Duplolas and Yagger like this.
  3. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

1) Being serious about a non-paying position in a video game community? You can't subtract points for that. That's nonsense. No one wants to listen to anyone with a proverbial "stick-in-the-ass." There is enough gravity in her application to denote that she knows what the real job entails. To discount her application based on her personality, which is by no means offensive to anyone but butter, flour and eggs, is to not know her at all.

2) Cookies belong anywhere and everywhere. Your cookies must smell like Fascism.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

my opinion which people like ifeedonfrenzy cant say shit about -1

0-1=-1

Yagger likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

its nice to be just, if even a little, serious on an application to servers that represent the official admins and game. even i posted seriously and 95% of my posts are shitposts or gifs.

Apronymous, Beef, jackitch and 7 others like this.
  6. Ifeedonfrenzy

You posted no opinion. Are you sure you had one?

Oops, said "shit" about your "opinion." Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

I like how there are "-1" posts. As if that's how voting works. You don't subtract votes, you simply don't vote. Even simple concepts are really too hard for some. I know.

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Ifeedonfrenzy, if you could quit the flame-baiting, that'd be nice.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 1, 2014, Original Post Date: May 1, 2014 ---
    Deleted offtopic/spam messages. @BangTidyPotato, if you want to report players do so in the correct section.

Pizza, Stevedog, Vampire and 2 others like this.
  8. BangTidyPotato

BangTidyPotato Shipwright

Apologies I understand. I was trying express my opinion on her application for becoming admin, like everyone else.

9. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Im just going to give this application a -1.
    No seriousness in this app whatsoever.
    gg.

10. BangTidyPotato

BangTidyPotato Shipwright

-1 like others have said, no seriousness in the application and abuses bugs in game.
    +1 for the pointless humour. :wink:

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just and FYI and for future reference to people, the whole reason there is +1 and -1 is because not voting doesn't mean anything. Just because you got some friends voting for you (e.g: the first page of this entire thread) doesn't mean you make a good admin and if those are the only people who are actually voting, then it looks like you only have positive recommendations.

And about apps, they have to be at least both readable and at least somewhat serious. I don't care if you make a few jokes in it, but this app just seems more like a child made it (irregardless of whether ShinySkies a child or nor). The problem with that is regardless of it being unpaid, admins on the official servers represent the game and you can't give children power because it'd be likely abused and that gives the game a bad rep.

Beef, Joiken, norill and 3 others like this.
  12. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

+1. Shiny, gimme dat booty

13. happyedison

happyedison Ballista Bolt Thrower

-1, No seriousness in app!

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I don't care about OP being not serious. I like people who can go through life with smile on their faces. Especially when this smile is contagious.
    What worries me though is that only her clan members have really backed her up. To be honest I don't like it and I'd like other community members to voice their opinions.

Tynite likes this.
  15. - 0
    if only there was a button to say if he was pinging when he wrote it.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  16. Leo

Leo Haxor

+1 from me. She has been admin in my servers for some time now and I had no complains. She is doing her job when she must and from my experience in Soldat women make better admins than men. Recommended.

17. Ifeedonfrenzy

Because you already have enough people doing that already.

Why wouldn't her clan back her up? Honestly, it is enraging. Of course they would, and I should think that you would expect the same from your clan/group/friends as well. That's what they are there for.
    "Oh no! Her friends and peers like her! -1."

At least she has some.

18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

i dont think ive heard one report or complaint about any of the official admins abusing their administration powers, either through players or IRC.

clans are different from various people on the forums. you can be the biggest of shitters and still have all of your clan members posting on how you're the best, 100% for the job for anything. thats why other players / non-affiliated guards / etc are usually taken more into consideration (it'd be like if everyone on my admin app was in shark and was stating "w0w 100/10 admin should get always").

Apronymous, MadDog, Beef and 2 others like this.
  19. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

+1 no issues
    EDIT: the question doesn't ask for referees from anyone, it asks for notable people/server hosters.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  20. pearlsncurls

pearlsncurls Horde Gibber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.