1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing KAG and how did you find it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Read about it on rockpapershotgun back in early June. A dark time when archers could one hit kill knights, griefing was rampant (between the troll vote kicking and how easy it was for one asshole to take your gold and throw it to the other guys), and we were all Peasants. A barbarous time.

Why, we didn't even have gold lettering to identify the cool dudes.

Noburu and inactive_account like this.
  2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

But it was damn well fun!

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

4. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

He made KAG more fun - and frustrating

5. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I heard about it from DataRealms other games section.

6. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

I joined during build 56, thanks to 420chan. Those were the days when you could jump off skybridges and take no damage, then run away with the flag. I miss the later builds where builders could just drop stone from the sky, so much fun to crush knights chasing after you with it.

7. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Did sedgewick get perma banned? Or is it because Loki hasnt been on in a while?

Wargod-Loki likes this.
  8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Nah, he has just moved to other games.

9. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I just joined last week on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was browsing the Minecraft forums on GameFAQs, and someone started a topic about KAG. I watched the youtube video they provided, then immediately afterwards I downloaded KAG and started playing.

10. solidamus

solidamus Shipwright

The day I started playing KAG or the first time I played KAG? :P The first time I tried the game was when the first public build was released, me and two friends tried it out and agreed that it was okay but we uninstalled it the same day.

Now, I can't say when I actually started playing the game. What that even means? :D I remember installing the game again when the bigger graphics update came along and introduced background for the map and so forth. Then the blog post from MM introduced plans for the future premium members and I bought the game. But I still play the game as randomly as ever. :)

11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I'm another May 11 guy. I liked Geti, and so as soon as he posted this new game he was working on, I gave it a shot.
    I played it for three days before making a comment, though, by which time I had decided that too much funky shit happened, and it needed some refinement. I'm happy to say that while there's still loads of funky shit going down, it's much higher quality shit, and the funk is something I can dance to! :D

12. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Think I found out about it from RPS as well, but in September.

13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I actually just started playing more or less a month ago... :P

14. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

Ive just had a look for the particular thread but i seem to have lost it, i found out about kag way back when MM posted a long post on the datarealms forum about his thoughts on the new build of cortex command, (i think it was build 24/25) The first reply to his post was some random forumer saying, "why dont you build a game and see how hard it is" and the guy afterwards said something along the lines of, "wow, you have chosen the one person on the entire forum who you cant use that argument with".

I read a little further and found out that it was the same guy who made Soldat and i LOOOVED mutliplayer soldat with my college mates years ago in class so had to check out the latest project. I cant remember what build it was on but i lost track of it for a while to come back and find much much larger ambitions to when i left. Only been playing properly for about a month now but i remember finding it earlier in the year when there was only the gold collecting mode.

as i said though, much bigger ambitions these days :D :P

15. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

I've started playing KAG a little bit less than a week ago! :)
    A friend who I played l4d2 competetively with introduced me to this game. I(t) was immideatly sold, for 10 euro, to be exact. :D

16. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I believe you're referring to a post made by Geti, not MM. And yeah, that poor bastard who posted first picked the wrong target! :P

17. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Started KAG around build 70.

18. Iscann4Griefers

Iscann4Griefers Shipwright

I started KAG when I had to use linux. I was looking for Linux games, and I landed on this.

Note to the develloper, if anybody reads:
    Thats a really good strategy to promote the game, make more advertisment on linux plattforms, you know that good linux games are rare.

19. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

I started playing KAG when it got reviewed at Jayisgames, and have been hooked since. (That was around test build 160) I love the direction Geti and MM are going:D

20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I was introduced to KAG by a Justin.tv caster called Cel, he was showing everybody KAG and I was like "HO-LY Shit, I need to play this." It was around...gosh I can't remember but I was recruited to HA by Loki and Pizza only they know when I started because the first day I played I was told to go join HA :L