1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chain Explosions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, May 20, 2014.

?

Would you like to see chain explosions with Kegs?

1. Yes

87.0%
  2. No

13.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I thought of something today when I saw this picture:

[​IMG]

That does 0, nada, zip, extra damage. All the one lit keg does is break all the other kegs.

Why not make it so if 1 keg goes off, all of the other kegs go off as well.

Logically (huheuheuheue logic in kag) it makes sense. If Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote have taught me anything, when a single stick of dynamite goes off, all of the explosions around it proceed to also go off.

Explosions are fun, lets make them funner :wink:

Thoughts and Ideas?

Konfitur, bobotype and Joiken like this.
  2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Why not?

3. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Sounds fun,
    There should maybe be some maximum radius because mass explosions will pretty much cause client/server crashes or huge FPS drops. At lesat I'm pretty sure about that if there are 100+ exploding.

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I thought about that.

It would be good to put a cap on the radius as you said, just as a precaution, but I don't see it as that big of an issue.

In how many cases do you actually see that many kegs lit and set off at once? It is a rare occurrence for over 3 to go off at the same time. The only time I can see this being an issue is if a stockpile is created at home base (which happens often) and a greifer lights one off and fucks everything up (which happens less often).

On top of that, there was a server (can't remember the name) that dropped lit kegs from the sky whenever the game ended. On some of the larger maps, it would be well over 50 kegs going off at once, and I had little to no FPS drop from it.

This was tested on my own, custom built, gaming machine and on my school's 7 year old integrated gpu computers.

With both computers, neither one did I experience a FPS drop. Taking into account this was when map erosion from explosions was still around.

5. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Crazy CTF 25252525

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Something like that.

Or was it FUN CTF. Can't remember.

7. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

With people with good PC's.
    This is heaven for them.

8. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

You don't have to have a good PC. If you had read my posts you would have found that out.

Konfitur likes this.
  9. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Yes yes, I am too lazy to read sir. :smug:

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Otherwise, make kegs/mines explosion-proof, and make kegs ignite when exploded.

11. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

As you came very close to identifying yourself, there are very few incidents where this is going to have a beneficial effect on keg usage throughought the course of a CTF/TTH match. Particularly after the recent nerf to kegs, it's quite rare to see multiple kegs dropped together against a target, and the current system already sets off all lit kegs within the blast radius of an exploding one. Assuming someone has successfuly brought a keg to the enemy fortification and kept it in place long enough to go off, the effect is already devastating enough that it doesn't require any amplification to improve gameplay. The only effect I can see this having is multiplying the damage caused by a griefer lighting a keg within a large home-base stockpile, or to cause stockpiled (unlit) kegs the other side of an enemy wall to explode also. In either case this is not going to be necessary or conducive to a fun CTF/TTH match.

Kazaco97, UnnamedPlayer and Joax321 like this.
  12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I can't say I disagree with all of your argument. You make good points. However, I would like to discuss what I disagree with.

Sure you could argue that it is rare to see anyone drop two kegs at the same place, but just like many of the other "rare usage" mechanics in the game, when it is used, it works well.

Examples: Shield Ladder, Arrow Ladder, Boulder in a Catapult

Additionally, a player or players don't need to drop two kegs at the same place, most of the time when this mechanic would come into play there is already a keg there. And this isn't a strategy that only works with destruction of buildings. If you see another player running with a keg who is guarded by his teammates, lighting your own keg to get twice the firepower is a great idea.

Which is why I am suggesting it cause chain explosions regardless of if the other's is already lit.

Konfitur likes this.
  13. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Grief Haven is the con I see.

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Uh, I was under the impression that breaking a lit keg already makes it blow up. It does do extra damage, just not much, because you're basically blowing the same place up multiple times.

Unless you were talking about unlit kegs blowing up, which I think could be a good idea.

MadRaccoon likes this.
  15. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

That is what I am talking about.

16. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

This definitely needs to be a thing.

Also, fire arrows ought to set kegs on fire (making them explode shortly), or at least light them.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Sir_Walter, austinthus and Duplolas like this.
  17. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I agree with this. Fire arrows lighting kegs would be awesome, and maybe an archer happens upon a keg stockpile underneath an enemy's base? Maybe it's exposed? If the archer has fire arrows, that would be freaking hilarious and would make a great story. Kind of like the people who take enemy solid snakes into their base.

18. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I would suggest creating another suggestion thread with that issue in it. I like the idea, but keeping it separate from this one works best.

19. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yes, I would like to be able to do this again:

ss (2012-07-04 at 06.03.10).png

Sir_Walter, Duplolas and Ej like this.
Mods: Rainbows