1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The KAG championships.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, May 22, 2014.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Well they should, it's a bloody good game! XD

Is there a chance that we could all get together and see if the Kag developers can create something toward helping clan games? It would only make this game more popular I think

2. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well, veranzano is somewhat of a developer for kag, hes added in little things that we all never really apreciated. however he made a mod that makes organzing clan wars and events easily.

icemusher likes this.
  3. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Is that these next two months? :P

4. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

more than likely, one of my predictions are just a possibility, the other 2 are real and going to happen. the one thing that would really help is another youtuber doing a video on kag. it certainly deserves it for being such a good game.

icemusher likes this.
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

And why not revive a World Cup?

You remember the alpha? His walk was pretty good and it was great fun:wink:

Here is our first match (that of team fr)
    it starts 1 minutes 30 if you do not understand French: p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuGOwE0N1Ew

Be kind to my English which is more than mediocre thanks ! :/

6. Toastation

Toastation Builder Stabber

Oh yep, a world cup would be great

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yeah totally great. Aussies and EU playing on US servers all with 200+ ping. There's no way that could go bad. Of course scheduling won't be an issue since everyone has the same time.

Sir_Walter and Arcrave like this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Kouji you're totally right! You should organize it, maybe you'll get guard because of it.

Vampire, Sir_Walter and Geti like this.
  9. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

The reason the ArL etc. worked :rektlord: ("worked") was 1) because of unpopular nazi dictatorship from Freddex et al, and 2) because most of the serious players were consolidated in about 5-6 large clans, i.e. BoW, xCube, Pk#, YB, Faith, and Power. For the most part all of those players knew each other and maintained a reasonable degree of irc contact. Plus competition took an unashamedly euro-centric focus to simplify timezone buggery.

Those conditions aren't met any more. There has been a lot of attrition from the old competitive players, few of whom are still around. Those old clans which are even still around are at best general internet social clubs now rather than feigning interest in any competitive KAG. The last few attempts at oldfag competitive tournaments have fizzled out before completition. And from what I can tell the new wave of clans generally tend to have a smaller number of players each, and none of them seem to have much of an irc presence.

If you wanted to fix up a successful new ArL style tournament you would need to see enough clans consolidating/merging into larger entitities, enough of whom exist in the same timezone, a re-engagement of organised communication between them (doesn't necessarily have to be irc), and someone to boss them about and actually make people show up (or penalise them for not). All of these things are tedious, unpopular and difficult . So unless the community situation chances any time soon, competition is better off in the realm of public events rather than closed clan tournaments.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Well said, though again I'd say 70:30 split gather to public events would be a better fit for more regular serious players. That way you'd get regular smaller comp games from gather and a few bigger "set time" events.

@cameron1010 i thought it was almost ready a month ago? 2525

The current trend of "clans" of 3 people is almost laughably pointless too.

11. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+1000

12. In my opinion(Correct me if I am wrong), Arthurian League worked because players were just more charismatic. They interacted more were friends with each other. Members of clans were just more loyal to their clan, and never joining more than two, three at max. I know I used to join every clan that would accept me. In Beta, there are more players. That is not necessarily a bad thing. However, only about twenty percent of them made an account on forums, and even less are in clans, while more members of the forum are quitting KAG then people become active forum members. Looking at the majority of clans on the forums, they are all five or below. The ones with more than five? Can they stand a chance against Yb, Power, Shark, Pk, Zen, etc. Few clans can participate.

Karpovich likes this.
  13. cameron

cameron THD Team THD Team Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

its getting closer! <.<

14. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I'm pretty sure they can stand against YB seeing as it's completely dead now.

15. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

What about a new game mode? There is a championship every week. You join the game, just like any other ctf/tth match, and if your team loses, you can't join back that week. The last day the player(s) win who has the most win. The winners get a prize, maybe a crown hat on every championship server, or a unique name.

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I could write a horribly long post which would need a tl;dr but I'll keep it short.

no

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

>every week
    >unique name
    >crown hat

great ideas
    basically, people who have no lives have an advantage and don't know how to use the cl_name command. Additionally, I'm sure the devs are fine with updating KAG every week just for this.

18. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Oh you guys again, not even surprised... Pretty amusing that you try to attack people by being sarcastic. Alright here it goes if you didn't understand (or just here to troll like always):
    You don't have to update it every week, the system is automatic, just like permanent bans aren't permanent (the names get off from the list after a period of time).
    For unique names I meant different colors or symbols.
    It can be any hat, not necessarily a crown or even a new head, I just said a few ideas about what the prizes could be.
    Just a random idea came in my mind. If you got better ideas about this, please share it with us, if you came to mock, send me a private message about your feelings.

19. Mazey

We (at least me) already understand it. Different colour/symbol and hats are bad.

Shadowor likes this.
  20. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

That's true, I agree. Maybe my suggestion was too much and kind of unnecessary. Championship players shouldn't play for the prize but for fun and glory in my opinion. Perhaps a board of the victorious on the forum? ::D:

Ozminer and Mazey like this.