1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Coin Confusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by austinthus, May 3, 2014.

?

Change The Color Of Coins?

1. Yes, Please.

50.0%
  2. No, Thanks.

50.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's true that this is a common mistake, but it's a mistake that is only made once and has little to no consequence. Things are basically fine as they are.

2. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

AND THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG!!! Sorry, had to make an entrance! Anyways, I see noobs confused on this all the time, and it's almost never just once. They go to buy some bombs with the gold they just mined, and they get confused. Later I see them trying again and again, and since we're kind of at war, we rarely have time to explain to them what they're doing wrong. Changing the coins wouldn't be hard whatsoever, and would help out a lot.

3. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

Idk, it really isn't that much of a problem, BUT silver coins would avoid it and look awesome :3

4. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

All people who play the game currently will need time to understand the change, but since they already know that Gold Ore goes in the ground and is a building component, it will be easier to teach to them [especially since it retains its shine] than it is to teach the difference between gold ore and gold coins to newbies.
    Don't try and turn my argument on me, Duplolas, you aren't anywhere near close. It will be worth it, and the colour change will also help players who already know the game identify dropped Iron/Gold faster.

5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Because there are so many ideas that you back and suggest, why not create your own server and create all these mods and changes yourself?

You could even hire some modders to do it for you.

I mean, you seem so confident that your ideas work, why not show us all that they do?

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

1. Stop fighting ffs.
    2. Stop searching for logic in KAG mechanics.
    3. Most of you sound like "omfg newbs are noobs its their problem if they cant catch it".
    4. They have to learn, but why not make it easier for them? It won't affect the gameplay anyways.
    5. I agree, that would be a useful change.

bobotype likes this.
  7. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Thanks, friend. I would just like everyone to know that you're literally fighting over the color of coins in a virtual world whose illusion is created by lighting up different lightbulbs in different orders and with different colors on a device we call a "monitor". I think this is a very important argument, so make sure to win this one for the silver coins! Also, silver coins would be a helluva lot easier to adjust to than iron ore. Just sayin'.

Fernegulus likes this.
  8. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

I'm fully aware of the absurdity, and also the fact that this argument is with strangers over something called the "internet". SO FIGHT ME IRL RATHER THAN URL m8 I'LL NOCK YA GOBBA SWER ON ME MUM
    On a more serious note though, only Builders would have to adapt if Gold Ore became Iron Ore, and also I reckon Silver coins would have less contrast against blue sky or whatever backdrop they're against, and bronze coins virtually none

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We had copper/silver/gold/crys/bigcoin ages ago, dismissed for being too hard to read. Not going to do that again.
    Also not interested in changing gold to iron.

The "issue" proclaimed here isn't the first thing that comes to mind with noob-unfriendliness in kag. A better solution if anything would be to allow converting gold into coin at a mint or similar. I honestly don't feel that any action is actually required though.

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Can't believe no one thought of this solution, just put something in the tutorial about it.

Geti likes this.
  11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I thought there was already, but who the hell plays the tutorials lol.

12. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

:(

Duplolas likes this.
  13. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I am disappoint as well. Maybe merciful lord Geti will look into a mint? Then again, why stop at a mint? Make it into a full blown trading center. Gold/Stone/Wood ---> Coins ---> Gold/Stone/Wood. Not only would this provide a never ending supply of stone (although you could adjust the cost to fix abuse), it would also allow knights to make money by selling mats they captured off of the battlefield, and builders to use coins they earned building to get more supplies to do more building! Geti, you need to make this happen!

Corpsey likes this.
  14. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

This..

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well, I for one would love to go back to the whole Trees > Everything situation again, with turtling like all shit, but hey, at least knights and archers could get infinite siege/explosives now.

16. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

This could easily be remedied by price changes. If all else fails, 500 wood = 50 stone. That would be a really good fix. Ain't nobody got time for more than 2000 wood, and that's still only 200 stone!

17. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Mfw this suggestion...
    picture this: team of ten players. One builder makes a mint, the rest of the team give their mats to one guy. This guy converts it to coins, buys kegs, explosive final reckoning, gg no re.

18. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

19. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah just that works when the team has actual brains. Mostly, they don't and I can't 'picture this'. I don't think there's a lot of players who would be likely to give gold to you. It already happens, when you want to buy a tech for one. They don't give you gold.

20. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Still if you did have an intelligent team it could happen.

Mods: Rainbows