1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

SUPERHOT

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Kalikst, Jun 5, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. [​IMG]
    A unique first-person shooter game where time moves only when you move, making each level a deadly puzzle.​

Developed by Polish studio in Unity Pro. Estimated delivery time: June 2015. Currently on Kickstarter for one more week. Thinking seriously of backing it as I got to play latests build during an indie-game event. Looks really amazing and innovative in a genre that seems to be least interesting for indie-game developers - FPS.
    [​IMG]

You can play prototype on their website - here

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

That's actually a really cool idea. Actually strategy in an fps! woah

3. wow looks like someone played only CoD on xbox :^)

4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I don't play COD at all btw, and pc communities are good and all but wtf is strategy outside of clans/ late night hardcore people. And with the right people you can make strategy in gen 1 pokemon. ( and I fucking love competitive pokemon so dont get me wrong.)

I did think about clans when posting that message but doubted anyone would even bother to point that out.

But that's ej :^)

5. quake is played 1v1 and is one of the most sophisticated games out there :^)

good job from SUPERHOT guys, Spierek putting the work

Guro likes this.
  6. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Played the demo, pretty sick game. Multiplayer would be totally sick wait that's absolutely impossible

7. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I dunno Bioshock 1 & 2 both use strategy but towards the mid end of Bioshock 2 you can just rambo through everything. Also System Shock 2 and Far Cry 3. Those are only FPS I've played to completion where I had to really think about what I was doing. The shock series give you a handful of passive skills, plasmids and weapons that can be set on the terrain that are all limited to your amount of creativity on how and when you use them. I doubt a person could beat a Shock game (Infinite doesn't count) without using strategy in at least some segments.

I guess with Red Orcherstra 2's multiplayer and specific gamemodes in Battlefield you're capable of strategy (if most of the team is your friends/clan/guild/whatever the fuck you call it)

About Superhot, what the fuck do they need 200,000$ for? The game looks pretty much finished just make actual texture and animations, it's not they need the money for a real team the game waa made in Unity. The game isn't bad but the developers are just awful people in general. The kickstarter perks are shit that should be in the game by default. I really like the concept though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Probably for the salaries they never had+pr

9. Steamfag detected. At Spierek's prelection he said that it was most requested feature on Steam forums along with co-op mode regardless of it being totaly purposeless.

10. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Omg played the prototype, Loved it.

Mods: BlueLuigi