1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Redux 1.6

A reduxed Zombie Fortress mode adding in tons of new content while taking it in a fun direction

1. daimyo21

daimyo21 Horde Gibber

daimyo21 submitted a new resource:

Zombie Fortress Redux - A reduxed Zombie Fortress mode adding in tons of new content while taking it in a fun direction

Read more about this resource...

2. Superninjaman426

Superninjaman426 Catapult Fodder

I was wondering if there was anyway I could get a mounted bow! I looked over the config in trader an was going to add it but didn't have the right "coding" could you add it or paste a reply with the code that i can paste in?

3. Croneman12

Croneman12 Catapult Fodder

hey guys when i try to join the server it says Dissconeted from server and no matter what i do it always says this help?

4. R3C0N1X

R3C0N1X Catapult Fodder

Is this working for the latest version ?

Server loads fine, get zombies and all that but when trying to build something none of the values or items are shown on the clients end.
    Something I've mist ?

--
    Confirmed working fine.

Strange UI problem I had, reinstalled game, all is fine.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  5. Enderman2705

Enderman2705 Catapult Fodder

i have them to but i haded they fixed tehn i´ve tried to conigure the game than i have the ui problems and now i cant fix them why pls help
    reinstalld don´t func

6. SloshPuppy

SloshPuppy Catapult Fodder

I can't seem to get the dedicated server working properly, I'm having similar UI problems and can't build any of the stations etc, however the gamemode is working fine. Does anyone have any ideas or a fix? It would be much appreciated :)

7. silelmot

silelmot Catapult Fodder

Got a hint today: Start the solo-campaign and build one building and the bug is gone the whole session

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  8. Enderman2705

Enderman2705 Catapult Fodder

Thank you very much also you can go in ctf and other servers wehre you can choose builder :D thank you

9. SloshPuppy

SloshPuppy Catapult Fodder

Thank you guys, it works now! :D

10. Alsehr

Alsehr Catapult Fodder

How do I disable or exit the server MOTD? It sticks around forever and simply annoys me.

11. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Is there a way to get all of what's in this mod, on a sandobx server? For example I would like to make a dungeon and add a few zombies in it to spice it up. I've seen it done before but I don't know how to do it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 20, 2014 ---
    ..............................So no one knows how or no one can be bothered answering :(

12. daimyo21

daimyo21 Horde Gibber

Hey guys, I've been away for a while, got discouraged to continue mod after a few official updates that seemed to have broke the mod and its UI elements. Thinking about revisiting the resource but not 100% as my time is limited with other work/games/modding/hosting servers. Im glad you guys figured out how to fix UI. Im curious what the reason for it is.

You can, its pretty easy once you have the proper scripts. In my resource, find zombies_Rules.as. You can spawn a unit with: server_CreateBlob( "BossRabidDog", -1, sp);
    BossRabidDog is the unit your spawning
    -1 is the team
    sp is the spawn point which is defined above: Vec2f sp = zombiePlaces[XORRandom(zombiePlaces.length)]; zombiePlaces is the defined spawn points.

13. Elkfur

Elkfur Shark Slayer

I can't connect to the server, nor anyone else, because I get an error compiling server scripts. I dragged everything into the main directory and overwrote the previous mods.cfg file. All that works. It's the actual getting onto the server that's not working. The compiling stops at this point in the console.
    *It stops at the scrolldrought part, and a little while later, tried to update, but it didn't fix the problem*
    [​IMG]

14. Lord_Kostyanik

Lord_Kostyanik Catapult Fodder

Same story I have -_-

15. Joker21srb

Joker21srb Builder Stabber

Errors compiling server scripts here too :/

16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

This gamemode is outdated and bugged. The creator doesn't play since a long time, but if you guys really want to host this on your server, i could convince one of my modder friends to fix this. I could also probably host a server with this, whatever.

17. Joker21srb

Well, it is a fun mod. If someone does want to tweak it, awesome!
    Heres some issues that came up:

-Technical issues:
    -Building UI has two question marks instead of buildings [workshop] [fixed when going into an unmoded server first, or singleplayer and then going into this zombie mod server]

-Gameplay issues:
    -Can't get migrants.
    -Can't move spawn points [atleast i couldn't figure it out as it doesnt matter where they are drawn on the map]
    -Due to where the spawn points are, [on the edges of the map where zombies spawn too] people get frustrated as they constantly die and than wait 120 sec to respawn and get killed again. Respawn times are ok, but location needs to be changeable.
    -On the older version of this mod, there were boss mobs [giant zombie]. It seems to have been removed, sadly.

People do seem interested. the server is constantly at atleast 5 ppl in. When its fresh, up to 12 today, but when there are too many zombies and the players keep spawning at the sides of the map in the middle of zombie hordes, people get frustrated and leave.

18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

you're talking about zombie mode by eanmig, which is different. This one (redux) isn't working at all, and yes, it has bosses. As i said, i can convince my modding friend to fix this.

19. WilliamLam

WilliamLam Catapult Fodder

if your friend fix this Mod, i just want to say there are so many people feel thankful~And i am the most thankful guy in this group~

20. Joker21srb

And the proof of people loving zombie mods in this game is right here. @WilliamLam's first message on the forum is on this thread :)

My bad for not paying attention to which mod is which, but it's zombie surrvival and i welcome it :D :thumbs_up:

:spam::skeleton: