1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What about the solo experience ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armitage1982, May 21, 2014.

1. Armitage1982

Armitage1982 Shark Slayer

Hi,

I think it's time to improve the solo experience.
    Multiplayer is great but most of the time server are empty, get disconnected too often or maps are simply ruined by little asshole.
    I would love to build and fight in a challenging and long enough solo game mode !

Any status about the coming "Mongolian Horde" or "Zombies" mode planned when I became premium ?
    Thanks.

2. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Mongolian horde I'm pretty sure was canceled. Zombie mode is already modded which can be put into your sandbox mode IIRC. I'm really tired so someone else can explain this stuff please...?

pwetty pls

3. Zombie mode is ported over as an unofficial mod by Eanmig. You could run a localhost server, that only you can connect to, and play it that way.
    As for Mongolian Horde, it was cancelled long ago.

norill likes this.
  4. KAG is a multiplater game focused on competition of 2 teams.

Beelzebub and Noburu like this.
  5. Armitage1982

Cancelled, just that... I must have missed a devlog somewhere. Can someone point me to that info ?
    Thanks

With all respect for the devoted modder who did it, it's not what I was expecting. Currently it's a big mess plain and simple ! I hope they still plan a quality version accessible from the single player mode (so we don't have to setup server or expect support from the community) with cool AI and balanced gameplay.

Relying on community is great but I didn't buy a game engine.

Mazey and norill like this.
  6. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Solo is more for learning the basics, multiplayer is where the gates of heaven open.

Dargona1018 and adamitude like this.
  7. adamitude

adamitude Base Burner

Yes! Kinda like when I beat you to a pulp? :wink:

Haha kidding, but yeah they summed it up. Major solo experience was cancelled.
    Play terraria or starbound if you want a 2d survival/building game!

8. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

KAG really is meant for a multiplayer experience. I don't even know why they have challenges and save the princess...

Beelzebub likes this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Save the princess is a single player campaign to try the game/practice if you're new and challenges was made for multiplayer (afaik) but could also be played alone, so a nice addition to add it to single player.

10. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

They get new players accustomed to the basic game mechanics. Think of them as tutorials that don't hold your hand as hard as other games do.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  11. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

My favorite solo experience is digging a hole in the build time, closing it off, and playing tickle the chicken with one of the unlucky fowl that crosses my path. I let my imagination run wild. YAY!

12. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

The only solo experience is basically minecrafting...

13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/deadline-announcement-water-and-wood-almost-here.6586/

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Wait did they scrap overworld?

15. MechaTrickster

Rayne likes this.
  16. Armitage1982

Thanks for the link Kouji ::):

Modding features certainly is a nice thing, specially if you are used to it (remember all those good modded games ?). But the way we "consume" games today is totally different.

Like many, I saw this pattern a lot of time.
    It's starting to look a bit like Cortex Command except this time we are stuck with Multiplayer functionality.

I hope they will include Modding tools out of the box for single player solution. These days I often find myself in a situation where I want to play and where the servers are completely empty!
    I seriously doubt we will see incredible AI bots for this type of game, but who knows...

...Too bad for the overworld...::(:

17. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

KAG has so much potential because of its retro style. They can make so many official game modes with the style and it doesn't even have to look good... Well... That came out wrong. Anyways, it's medieval setting makes it to where we could slay dragons, survive an apocalypse, or have certain new classes in just an open-world type game mode.

Wow. Forget this, I suck with ideas.
    KAG is kinda limited by what changes it can make because it's already too simple to be complex. It's warfare... That's it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2014 ---
    I'ma start playing with smooth shader to feed my creative juices that feed my imaginative brain :3

18. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

fun-fact, the graphics are one of the most criticized aspects of the game.

-graphics + sounds
    -cheap singleplayer
    -tutorial/ controls/hud/no controller support
    (rockpapershotgun.com / everyeye.it /4players.de)

19. MechaTrickster

But why? It's not even the lolsoretro8bit lazy bullshit other indie developers go for. There's actual detail existing with in the the 16x16 blocks and 32x32 character sprites. There are so many things wrong with that, the criticizing lack of no controller support is the worst. The game is too fast paced for some retard with an analog stick playing builder.

Horse_That_Goes_Ni and Vampire like this.
  20. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

the controllersupport is silly, but I don't think it decreased the ranking.

the sounds aren't the best, I don't think we have to discuss this. The low graphics ranking comes due the dark and dirty themed textures. It just don't feels as nice as some multicolored mario game. But Kag made a big step since alpha to beta which had even dirtier and darker themed graphics less animations and skinny tree's in this wasteland. Kag? oh its running the Terraria engine.

The ratings aren't bad to make that clear "For $10 it’s impossible not to recommend".
    I think the overall bad rating comes from the hard2learn gameplay/hud. Chances are high that a newbie lits a keg in the own teams castle which can be very frustrating for him if shitstorm comes over him maybe followed by a kick. They and their creations get crushed by veterans of this game. It's not like a shooter with remarkable content, because Kag is the only genre of its kind, you have to learn everything from scratch but the last years teached us that most players today want to play a game with candies for every jump they do and coins for every time they can count to potato. Kag is a little bit like Dark Souls.