1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Trampoline launchers

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Ej, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ...are stupid and ruin the game

discuss

2. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

My ex-gf was stupied and ruined my games. I got rid of her.

3. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Why is it good:
    It has a longer range than a catapult, you don't need someone to launch you, it is faster.
    Why is it bad:
    Takes too much time, resource, space, burns easily. Also it is hard and annoying to make one, a bomb and all is lost. By that time, you could have build a better fortress and make a catapult instead.
    I actually hate when someone makes a trampoline launcher, but sometimes it is kind of useful, and you can't just tell them not to make one. It does not ruin the game.

4. can be set up before build time is over, doesn't take stone but only wood (which is infinite), doesn't take gold

allows a team to hop over the map and all the obstacles, allowing to omit most of KAG's gameplay and just get to the opponent's base for free

trampoline status:
    not broken [ ]
    maybe a bit broken [ ]
    tickets [ ]
    sc2 protoss [ ]
    really broken [X]

Sir_Walter, Chukka and Medieval like this.
  5. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I agree with Ej, trampoline cannons are getting out of hand. They are popping up in nearly every match I've played in CTF recently. In my opinion Trampolines should be temporarily axed from CTF.

[√] Really broken

Medieval likes this.
  6. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Remove trampolines cannons, thanks.

Every CTF game are now that: building tramp canon during building phase, then use it to reach enemy tent.
    Who cares about middle? let's spawnkill and etc...
    [√] Really broken

And i poo on people who support tramp cannon. Yes i do.

7. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Pooing on sinitreo may not be the best option for you :rekt:..
    :heart:

8. sinitreo

1. Zen Laboratories

Oh noes. I guess I have to stop building them now.::(:

9. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Typical building phase@CTF, in king arthur realm.

10. sinitreo

1. Zen Laboratories

I've played a few games with building and not building cannons today (You, Medi, have observed some of them) - it makes no difference. Some teams managed to fail while having trampocannon up the entire game.
    Others just targeted enemies cannon, which made the game balanced.

So, kag gameplay is based on how dumb you/your teammates are. :dance:
    And you have much more ways to "avoid" this gameplay.

Imagine tomorrow every builder will be smart enough to build ladders over enemy tower. Much imba.:ladder:
    Lets make ladder cost 100x:wood_mat:

Let's also remove bombs. Because knight shop can be built during the warmup phase and also you can have 4 bombs at the beginning of the game, which makes the game too hard for the enemy.:teabag:

11. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Let's build a tower from the floor to the top of the map, so you can't get over it? oh wait....

I watched you, when you made tramp canon. What did you do? building tramp cannon during building time, then use it in the first second of the game SO you reached the enemy tent in 2seconds without fighting, just after the round began, then you can remove all the enemies shops, killing builders, etc.... SO BALANCED, so funny olololol.

ololol jajajajajajajajajajaja tramp cannon so gud jajajajaja :kappa:

Shadowor likes this.
  12. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

You do know that these tramp cannons burn easily and can be taken out in 1-2 bombs right...?

13. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Most of the time, no, they are built during the building phase and the whole team is making it better & stronger.

:bird: :shad:

14. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I disagree that the whole team is actually creating it during the build phase (all I do is lend all my wood to sini on start of build phase 25252525)
    But this has certainly received quite alot of criticism. So far I've seen sini and a few others actually pull this off sucessfully without it backfiring or collapsing in the build phase.
    All you need to do is make a one block thick long tower reaching the sky limit with some platform facing downwards
    or just add a heap of platforms on the top row to prevent this

15. sinitreo

1. Zen Laboratories

If you watched attentively, you could see that some players are already aware of this technique. They build higher walls to prevent me from doing this. In most cases I cannot fly higher then trampocannon level = obvious way of defence. I can get to enemy shops using bombs/teammates/ladders/wallclimbing/simple trampos/acher arrows and more. But they are, ofc, not fun too -_-.
    Instead of claiming things broken I would suggest bringing more skill into the game. If you, say, arrange me and @trampocannon vs, say, @malfunction and @sang, I will lose in less then 30 secs.

So yeh. The whole thing sounds like "let's remove penis, cause most people don't know how to use it and feel descriminated"

16. the point is not hopping to the main base only but hopping anywhere on the map in particular

also trampoline cannons completely remove the risk/reward element of anything that forces you to leave base

Medieval likes this.
  17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

They are fun to use but annoying to make

18. sinitreo

1. Zen Laboratories

Hmm. That's, indeed, not "that good".
    Well, here is my idea for fixing:
    Equality to the catapult:
    - Trampos cost includes coins (say 20 coins +wood)
    - Max speed from several trampos is less or equal to speed gained with catapult.
    So we solve 2 problems at once. Trampocannon at building phase is hard + they basically are equal to cata.

Boea and kodysch like this.
  19. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Or just nerf the chickens, or removing them.

20. i mean you dont even need chickens to scale any reasonably sized map

actually chickens are pretty cool themselves. and make catapult useful when it comes to anything else than spamming rocks on incoming knights
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 21, 2014 ---
    cleaned the thread, consider it a verbal warning

Medieval likes this.