1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shiprekt begginer tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metalcallous, Apr 9, 2014.

1. -Q

-Q   Donator

All of this is great - it's personally rewarding to have seen people become good at this mod. One tactic I didn't see mentioned is adding debris to the nose of your ship. It takes too much time to build large ramming shafts manually, and if you gain mobility early on, you can even attach unused cores of other teams to your nose (and ram them into the others)

crackwise likes this.
  2. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

Yeah! And who think they can ride sharks!

And, -Q, I only partially agree. I find that debri can be useful for making noses but not necessary. What I do, is I use scrap pieces that I get when building (random useless blocks, etc...) to make a long, straight ramming nose.

3. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

That core attachment thing though seems to be an interesting tactic, that's like 4-5 walls of solid blocks for you. I must try it out.

In spirit of the previous posts, clearly the most superior tactic is to add so much rudders in your ship that you'll lag the entire server with that bastard son of a a ship and a rocket.

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

The obvious best way to take out other ships is to ram them.

I always make a big + shaped ship so I can ram from all angles. It is by far the best tactic I have ever used.

5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Ermahgerd such nob.
    You can dude, it just needs to be low on health.
    Most things that hurt sharks one shot them, so you need to punch them.
    A lot.

6. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

Here's my own list:
    1.DONT DRIVE WHEN OTHERS ARE BUILDING!!!

there ::):

7. KingXandercosm

You mean "DO drive when people are building".

8. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I'm becoming a big fan of broadsides with a ramming arm off to the other side.
    Having a line of guns on a diagonal seems to work best so you can strafe or shoot forward when ramming.

I find nesting bombs deep within a bunch of walls helps with the ramming arm a lot. A thick layer of walls helps punch deep into the enemy ship before the explosives blow for maximum damage. Just make sure the bonbs are far enough out to not damage anything important on your ship. Having a few walls just out of the explosion radius will make sure your ship is still battle ready even after the arm detonates.

This also leaves room on the non-gun side of your ship for a torpedo or mini cruiser.

9. KingXandercosm

The biggest problem that I have with huge ships, is that you invest so much in them but they aren't that much more resilient than any other ship. A well placed torpedo, and a whole ship of that size can go belly up.

10. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Attaching unused cores to your ship is bad because people log in and spawn on your ship.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's incredibly funny though!
    screen-14-04-21-01-29-10.png

Sir_Walter likes this.
  12. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

But until then, that core and 4 layers of solid blocks is a free ram :D

13. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I think, if you're grabbing a core, you need to use it to ram something before it causes you problems.
    If you want to have fun with it, just wall it in completely so anyone who spawns on it is trapped. Then watch them scream helplessly as you smash them into things :B):

Apronymous and Beelzebub like this.
  14. KingXandercosm

It's the epitome of fun in Shiprekt!

15. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

This Shiprekt plus sever sadly has a password now. Actually not sadly, its awesome. I just need the password to enjoy the noob-free zone now, anyone has it?