1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spy Class (OPEN THREAD BEFORE LOCKING/HATING)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bout, Jun 30, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Characteristics:
    • 2 hearts.
    • Can dig dirt and thin stone (this with brown and grey texture) with LMB.
    • Gets invisible while holding RMB - slowed down, collides, can't duck to prevent collision, can jump. Can't get invisible while holding a heavy item (flag, corpse, keg etc.)
    • Improved wallrun.
    • 0 damage with LMB but stuns every 3 or 5 seconds (don't know which is more balanced) to run from single enemy.
    • 1 slot in bag (e.g. for mine).
    • A bit faster than running knight (shield-surfing knight could catch up).
    Purpose:
    • Stealing flags.
    • Placing mine traps.
    • Quiet tunneling.
    • Stunning knights to help archers/builders escape death.

Any suggestions are welcome. :wink:

TheAverageMan, cepiarz and TeQaS like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

WOW, it's basically a ninja. Like that hasn't been suggested ever, not even once.
    Let's also allow it to stun everything with no limit to how many times it can be done. No way anything could go wrong with that.

good.gif

10/10, best class idea for all of KAG's history. Would have @Yagger use it just to piss off @Arcrave

3. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Why hate it so much? ::(:

Even though I nerfed it myself, we can add some more minor nerfs.

startselect3 likes this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Also lets make it able to fly and teleport through blocks with the flag and be COMPLETELY undetectable.

startselect3 likes this.
  5. bout

bout Shark Slayer

You should suggest nerfs instead of hating and being sarcastic. ::(:

6. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I'm sure this game is not going to have extremely huge changes (Like the creating of a class like this) considering the amount of work put into just a singular class.

7. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Honestly this is kinda what scripting is for, if you want custom classes you work for it. The default game is perfect with only 3 classes.

Also there isn't a single fair thing about your suggestion what was it liked before you "nerfed" it?

8. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

who says that, you? y not?
    But a fourth class not gonna happen before KAGĀ². Why, because the dev's are already overwhelmed with the task balancing three classes. A additional class would double the balancing work.
    easy formular(3classes = 3comparisons; 4classes = 6 comparisons; 5classes = 10 comparisons)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_number

new content in general is stagnating. I expect KAG beeing pretty much finished except documentation and some minor tweaks.

TeQaS likes this.
  9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I do like the current zambie fort, though the boss mobs are fucking moronic.

It's never going to be Alpha Fort, in which skill mattered more in general. In Beta, you just have to shepherd people into the builder, and knight classes to repair and defend with 39/40 odds are that your team is not going to be able to do that.

But with the actual, vanilla game modes, it's questionable at best for CTF; though, I don't know what happens in TDM, or Halls. Mayhaps, they need to be balanced individually.

10. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Which is why I said the game is perfect with 3 classes. Who said that? Me. Why make a redundant post like that? What were you even trying to prove with that post?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  11. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

@bout, too much TF2 for you I suppose?

12. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Fun fact: I've never had played TF2 because I've never had a computer good enough to run it.

13. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

That's not a fun fact, that's a sad fact. ::(:

14. So is he going to wield a keg cannon in one hand and a catapult in the other 78787878 :teabag:

15. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Why not just chuck the cloak on the Archer [spacebar activates, for instance] rather than having a whole new class? It could cause a lot of idiots running around in disguise not contributing anything useful to the team, but hell that's better than having said person standing on top of where you're trying to build, spamming 1 tile thick 9000 tile high wooden towers. It would also reinforce the Archer's role in mobility/evasiveness, where the Knight actually currently beats him [slashdashing, triple bomb jumping, surfing, gliding]

16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It honestly wouldn't help. Try being invisible on Aphe's rp, you just get slaughtered for trying.

There is the issue of arrows being stuck on you.

17. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Give archers Just Cause grapples.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

What grapples?

Another thing, archers are assured demolition bastards, invisibility would only make the worse, and increase their chances of getting accidentally killed when running through a battlefield.

19. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Fair point. Still, it couldn't HURT to give them the ability.

20. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You are barking up the wrong tree with that kind of reasoning.
    There's no real reason to add that to the archers, let alone any other class.

Invisibility is inherently bad for side-scrollers unless it was literally built around it.
    For the most part, large areas of the map are locked down by constant strife, so invisibility would not help an archer there.
    Areas that they can traverse, are for the most part are uncontested. It would only make archers even worse to defend against or notice. With that being sad, it'd only give archer even more unneeded freedom/chances to ninja behind a base, and get the perfect angle to destroy the base... further negating the strength of structures in general. (This isn't even talking about the possibility of exposed class shops. Free ticket into the enemy base, and can become any class you want? Proxy Ballista/Tunnel, gg.)

bobotype likes this.
Mods: Rainbows