1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight's Shield Swoop

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by austinthus, Jun 21, 2014.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes, this just might be awesome.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No, this is the opposite of awesome.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Hello, Mr. Crazy Ideas here with something that I think would add to the game's comical humor and look pretty cool all at once: The shield swoop! Have you ever been gliding along as a knight and suddenly wanted to just swoop down and kick some laughing archer in the face? No? Odd. I have! Anyways, I suggest that while you're gliding, if you angle your shield down (by moving your mouse diagonal of the knight, up and right) you should swoop down (aerodynamics)! Then, while swooping, you should be able to pull up (by moving your mouse diagonal of the knight, up and left) to gain some altitude! Perhaps you could even swing violently enough to be sideways? Kicking in walls from the air, anybody? Please leave your "this is overpowered as hell!" panties at home and put on your big boy (or girl) pants to comment below! Be open minded!

2. jpbkiller

jpbkiller Shark Slayer

Well , you are making it so beautifull , I can't say that is not a good Idea :p

3. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I'm not sure if you are aware...but you can indeed stomp enemies below while gliding at a high enough altitude.

4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

So, gliding physics? That would be neat, but probably not on knights. If you're shield gliding above an archer, that's when you drop your shield and stomp him. A fancy swoop-kick would just be cumbersome and confusing for new players - the current shield physics are pretty intuitive.

5. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Talking about new shield mechanics, I'd really like to see something like glide direction.
    Now it looks like this:

_
    o

Where "o" is knight and "_" is shield.

And I'd like to see something like this:

:blank:\
    o

or

/
    :blank:o

This would make gliding faster or slower, the way you need it.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm really tired after whole day and I'm not native english speaker ::P:)

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

This forum has seen a lot of suggestions that "would be cool," and this is one of them, but I think we all know that since it's more complicated than a simple balance change (and physics are stupidly hard to code), it probably won't get implemented.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just how it is.

JoshTG likes this.
  7. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Would be cool, but better in mods, it doesn't fit real KAG.

8. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

This is what I'm suggesting. With the different directions allowing you to swoop. Unfortunately everyone says it would be way too hard to code. They're probably right.

9. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Yeah, but I meant that changing shield angle would change horizontal speed, while you mean vertical speed.

10. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Oh, I see.

Mods: Rainbows