1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Horses

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by justinlikesgames, May 29, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. justinlikesgames

justinlikesgames Catapult Fodder

a shop where horses can be bought and riden on that can be build by the builder

2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

very descriptive.

@Geti pls make real

3. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

yeah horses would be great, anyway, usually maps arent flat so idk how that will be implemented, and one thing more, you can build them? what you mean with that?

(yagger who is the girl in your pic?, i always wanted to know :3 )

4. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I think you were not descriptive enough, and even if you were, I don't think this is the best idea. Not to be harsh or anything. Just speaking my opinion.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2014, Original Post Date: May 30, 2014 ---
    ++++ My reasoning is that it would have to have a combat horse riding feature, and the terrain in KAG would quite tough to create that, everything is hilly and no shaped up for horses. Only some servers that have flatmaps would have any use for this.

5. No point to having mounts. Bison already exist as a mount of sorts - throw a burger and climb on its back, and you can control it sort of! They're damn strong too.

But really, mounts in games generally exist to minimise distance covered - what have we already got in KAG that lets you cover distance?

- Catapults can throw you
    - Archer's grapple moves you faster
    - Bomb jumps give you more vertical movement
    - Shield surfing as a knight gives you more horizontal movement slightly
    - Tunnels let you traverse massive distances near instantly.

Hence, we don't really need horses as mounts.

icemusher and Waky like this.
  6. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Bomb jumps can also give insane horizontal movement too. You can bomb jump across the entire map quickly with around 3 bombs. Mounts aren't needed with bombs, grapples, and tunnels.

7. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

How about. . . bomb jumping horses with grapple hooks and shield sliding

If we were to have horses lol it probably wouldn't be for the mobility, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a mount's only or even primary use. Horses could also give knights more knockback and even momentum based damage! Woo!

Think about it, when a knight sees another knight on a horse he doesn't think "damn that guy's faster than me" he thinks "eek big scary horse attack".

All in all, pointless discussion, we already have bison, get on him and pretend he's a horse.

http://avasdemon.com/

Klokinator, Dargona1018 and Waky like this.
  8. Waky

Waky Haxor

or better yet OP can just make a horse texture for bison...job done.

yellowwhy1 likes this.
  9. how about trains

yellowwhy1, Klokinator, 101i and 4 others like this.
  10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

We don't need horses when we have dinosaurs.

11. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Horses could be quite good in this middle-aged game.
    So why not have bloody horses?
    May they cannot do any damage.
    But can be ridden to be faster and you can attack on the horse, the horse should not be too big, because you wont be able to attack the player, and it will cover quite some things of the field.
    I think archers shouldn't be able to ride horses, because I have never seen someone (in another game) with a bow attacking on a horse, Knights FTW.

Horse:

:dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

Maybe that big or so.

[​IMG]

Horse_That_Goes_Ni likes this.
  12. Waky

Waky Haxor

Every Zelda game since Orcarina Of Time you could fire a bow off of a horse and that game was also in the same time period more or less.

Potatobird likes this.
  13. DragonShark

Yeah, but I think it will look quite weird in KAG.

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Archer sitting on horse with arms free, enabling them to aim and shoot a bow and arrow? How will that look weird? When you ride a bison your hands still appear free, I don't see the issue (also you should totally be able to shoot your bow while sitting on a bison)

..not that it matters

Waky likes this.
  15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Chivalry, Mount and Blade.

startselect3, Waky and bobotype like this.
  16. DragonShark

ye m9
    1t s0 tru
    *hi fiv intesifiis*

17. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

We shall rule the land.:rekt::bow::rekt::sword:

18. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Maps are generally too crater-filled to allow horses that don't go full retard and walk directly up the faces of walls like flies, and implementing wallrunning for horses would look equally stupid. Their main merit would be as a combat tool, but not being able to get out of craters would completely gimp them.
    Would only work if there was some kind of flat-land map mode.

Better idea:
    Halved coconuts, these allow you to simulate horse-riding via sound effect and jiggity motion

Waky and 101i like this.
  19. Um, what happens when the guy riding the horse dies? The horse stays there. Now, the guy who died is going to want another horse, so he makes another. Then he dies again. The maps would be spammed with horses.

20. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Just... Close this thread before we change our minds.

KAG = mostly siege

Have you tried a siege with horses?
    Well in 3 dimensions, you can charge through broken walls if you're attacking a city. Also, if you're in a fantasy movie, you can ride out and kill dozens of enemies and then get saved by a white wizard who brought you backup.

I already imagine how shitty it would be.
    Fuck this idea

Close this before we change our minds

Mods: Rainbows