1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Ban Appeals

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Lolman112

Lolman112 Catapult Fodder

Good morning everyone,
    I'm usually very understanding and reasonable, but this round, the monster in me took the upper hand. The elves had been tormenting me the whole time by blocking me while building and cutting trees down and throwing seeds away from their saws. Usually I can keep myself together and just start a base somewhere else, but I was just fed up with it. Long story short, I bought some kegs and blew up some traps in their base.

I know this isn't a righteous thing to do, but I am a really big fan of your server and I really regret doing that stupid action. Can you maybe unban me? I'm not sure if I'm banned for a specific period of time, but if so: next time I do anything really stupid; you can ban me forever and you won't hear anything from me ever again.

Thanks for your concideration.
    Yours sincerely,
    Supermaniac

P.S. Supermaniac is my in-game name.

2. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The problem is that you left after frozen, as stated in the guide: "If you do something to break the rules, are frozen, and then leave the server you will receive a permanent ban that you can never appeal, as this kind of cowardice is not tolerated. Griefing is usually met with a permanent ban if the player does not apologize."

I was there myself and I didn't notice the Elves doing anything.

3. Lolman112

Lolman112 Catapult Fodder

They destroyed one of my forward towers, even though they weren't on their land. Still, I'm not going to argue with you about it since this is your kingdom and you rule here and I admit I'm too dumb for not even reading the rules thoroughly. I had a fun time playing on your server and I hope you can keep on going for a long time! If my Postloop points are redeemed, I'll donate the 5 bucks too you since I still like the thing you're doing.

Keep up the good work and cheers!

4. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ah, well next time you can let an admin know if there is an issue.

5. frogbob

frogbob Catapult Fodder

thune maybe? I can't tell if you mean the user name or the screen name try "thune" thanks

6. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Go into a random server, and look in the Tab (player roster).
    There will be something like:
    <Nickname> | <Username> | <Kills> | <Deaths> | <Ping>
    Ex. •Darg• | Dargona1018 | 30 | -80 | 0

The Username is what is used when someone is banned, kicked, etc etc.

7. frogbob

frogbob Catapult Fodder

yep definitely "thune" thank you

8. frogbob

frogbob Catapult Fodder

is there some reason why i can't get an unban id like a response of some sort

9. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So apparently I've been permanent banned for digging a hole on bottom of some orc portal. And Chukka apparently didn't like it and permanent banned me for it. I didn't get no notification or anything of me getting my ban but meh, he already has done it.

And in my justification for being "asshole" and only digging a little around, the orcs stole my adamatium armour and then waged war on us when I tried to get it back in less destructive way. Ofcourse I was little pissed and tried to dig around.

10. This whole thing started when you fell into a humans drowning trap, I actually recovered your body and tried to bring it back to you and I drowned as well. Even if we did steal from you the appropriate action would've been to declare war rather than breaking into our tower. From an admin's standpoint this looks like a griefer trying to ruin the fun for others. You were verbally warned multiple times (realized I was using team chat at first and then repeated the warnings in regular chat). You didn't justify your griefing in any way. When my team declared war on you, I stopped taking action as an admin and went along with it, thinking that's what you wanted in the first place. A bit after we won I heard my teammates shouting your name. I went to investigate and it appeared that you were setting up a trap under our tunnels. When questioned from there you responded with a sarcastic "I felt like digging a hole". At that point I was fed up and banned you so that you may stop ruining the fun for others.

Had you asked me 30 minutes ago I would've seen you as a responsible guy who wouldn't do this sort of thing. Now your appeal seems to be a way to flame me for taking responsibility. You've had a sudden attitude change that I wouldn't like to see on the server. If you start behaving as you did before I would definitely +1 your appeal. I'm not sure why you've changed so suddenly.

11. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

try doing something many hours again and again, only to be spat into your face. I just got really angry. And a permaban for that just seems even worse. And you did murder me atleast from my point of view, i saw you under there wiht humans waiting for me to drown, possibly being one that blocked my way in as well. That's why I just don't believe you "giving" me my stuff back.

Yes I was careless for falling such trap anyways, but still. I just got fed up and wanted revenge. That is all. And now there is nothing left.

12. I fell into the trap as well but the humans let me into the air pocket. When you broke the blocks to free yourself it poured water into it, drowning me before I could get your corpse back to you. After I sincere apology I would definitely +1 your appeal as you've been very helpful and respectful in the past.

13. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sight well sorry for being an ass...

Only because I'd like to play on the server more than to feel shit about some mistake. And those 5 bucks too...

14. sonofacreeper

sonofacreeper Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't understand. I was randomly banned.

15. sonofacreeper

sonofacreeper Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It turns out Stabborazz hacked and temp-banned me for also fighting Noom.

16. imaninya

imaninya Catapult Fodder

ban appeal: dear readers i was recently banned on aphelions roleplay i was playing one day minding my own buisness i had made a base and made a hot air balloon i accednyly crashed it into the humans base they wanted me banned but i said i would fix it they were being stuborn after a while uncrn sohkyo came in some bad things were said and she banned me. but all in all i wish to be unbanned this was my favourite server and i hope i can be unbanned ::): please responed and just incase u need it my name was heroic_games

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  17. Dogloki4 likes this.
  18. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So i went into the Aphelion's Zombie Fortress server with @Hastur13. There were these guys sitting underground and trying to break the record (20 days) just by going afk and sitting there all day. I kept saying it was pointless and no fun, they ignored me. I then joked about letting the zombies in because it was boring. NOPE, I got kicked out... And then again once I rejoined and again and again... Till I really got banned (no admins?) and I can't join the server at all... It used to be good server :/

19. I can't imagine it permabanned you. I'll check it out.

20. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I always ask the reason and mostly give people a second chance. This is my list of reasons that I feel fair to ban after freezing someone.

1. You were speaking in team chat and I didn't notice
    2. You didn't say a thing.
    3. You said something really dumb three times after being asked 3 times.