1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, that is an old problem. But still, next update Angels won't be able to access the dungeon.

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

To tag someone, do @ then their name. You must click on their name or else it won't work.
    @Raigbox (without clicking) and @Raigbox (with clicking), otherwise no one will be able to know you tagged them. :wink:

3. Raigbox

Raigbox Shipwright

Sorry, I figured it out.

4. Dogloki4

Dogloki4 Catapult Fodder

Last time I killed Noom I started to think about the rewards you get from it. I thought about it a little and I realized that the knight class gets one thing that the archer class doesn't get, an very very powerful weapon (that only one person can get). I think that the archer weapon in the chest should be something special and worth all the effort of killing Noom, something like along the lines of a "dragon bow" or something of the sort.

5. vilereaver41

vilereaver41 Drill Rusher

what if angels use the materials in heaven to make the armor then give the made armor to themselfs when they swap team then hide the dragon armor and give it to themselfs as angel ;o ?

6. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That's a dick action, but Angels are officially out from the dungeons.

7. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This has already been planned, they will get the Armadyl bow eventually.

8. vilereaver41

vilereaver41 Drill Rusher

well i guess its fair i mean im sure angels will have a purpose good enough to not want to fight noom until then il just hang :B):

9. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I know this is a complaint and allot of others may think other wise, but i feel that the role play is turning into something that you have to get the best Armour and get the best defenses, "so that other guy cant steal my ore or winged Armour in my storage". With constant waring starting to turn me away from role play, as i see it as a place where i don't have to worry about my things getting torn down the hole time by war. (now this might just be the time i get on when this happens) but in most the time one race would constantly go and war other races over and over again, and this puts me a bit off and it would put off newcomers. I liked role play when people saw it as a place to become creative not another place to kill some noobs.

Im not saying that the things that where made just for this mod was a waste of time im just saying that its not the same anymore ...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  10. Not really any other place to say this but Aphelion can you update Blowjob on the server?

11. After much thought and many hours spent on this server, I have come up with a list of reasonable suggestions. Most of them are for balancing issues or fixing loopholes in how the game is played.

*All teams should be set to "Neutral" as a default, because an alliance is just as much of an agreement as war.
    *An alliance chat would be useful too, like team chat except your allies can see it as well.
    *Text from the angels and orcs are a real eyesore, maybe darken them a bit?
    *Scrolls of Destruction should no longer harm Noom, he is easily killed this way and it is a common strategy now.
    *Make storage caches only be able to hold raw mats to give chests and armory storages more use.
    *Implement a new system of winning wars, most of them are started when nobody is around so it is won before they have a chance to get back. Maybe tickets could be a fair solution.
    *Give incentive for people to farm, add more crops. Maybe have farms give food supply which are the equivalent to tickets?
    *A workshop where the player can store items and then set a price for other players to buy.
    *Increase the spawn rates of iron and coal while decreasing mithril and adamant/adamantite. I never see players use iron or steel gear, instead they skip to mithril or adamant.
    *Skeletons are pretty buggy atm, it's like they have a high ping.
    * Decrease the intensity of the barrier in the sky, I understand you don't want non-angels to get past but it should not slam you into the ground at 9000 mph.
    *Some sort of government system added. A nation with a king would leave him to do all the diplomacy and decisions while a democracy would vote.
    *Baddies spawning at nighttime or on the surface in general. Of course it wouldn't be as intense as the underground ones. Knights and archers are rarely used unless at war, it'd be awesome if the your base was actually made to defend you/more guards running around as opposed to builders.

12. Dargona1018

*Neutral as Default.
    :yes: - Been trying to push this since people used to attack on Neutral, thus making a simple way to make sure not to be able to think that Neutral is immediate War.
    *An alliance chat would be useful too, like team chat except your allies can see it as well.
    ???- Not sure about this or how it could be implemented.
    *Text from the angels and orcs are a real eyesore, maybe darken them a bit?
    :yes:- A common suggestion, yet greatly needed.
    *Scrolls of Destruction should no longer harm Noom, he is easily killed this way and it is a common strategy now.
    :yes: -
    Currently, you can't bring any items in to Noom, so maybe making that certain scroll to also be banned, or unable to be put into inventory.
    *Make storage caches only be able to hold raw mats to give chests and armory storages more use.
    :no: -
    Apparently, stealing is allowed, but chests are able to be stolen from, even while being held, and using chests would discourage new people who are like ":chest: :eek:" <gets stole> ":huh?: :uhh::QQ:"
    *Implement a new system of winning wars, most of them are started when nobody is around so it is won before they have a chance to get back. Maybe tickets could be a fair solution.
    ???
    - Maybe expand upon the ticket system? I have never truly heard of a ticket system, so I don't exactly know what you are talking about.
    *Give incentive for people to farm, add more crops. Maybe have farms give food supply which are the equivalent to tickets?
    :yes:
    - I think that, if Aphe makes hearts despawn rapidly, that people will be forced to use burgers, which he can then bring back to farming, and make the whole thing worthwhile.
    *A workshop where the player can store items and then set a price for other players to buy.
    ??? - Some people Roleplay it in (or at least they used to ::(:) making shops, but this essentially would be a Trader Shop, but with players instead. Also might start some more wars over materials.
    *Increase the spawn rates of iron and coal while decreasing mithril and adamant/adamantite. I never see players use iron or steel gear, instead they skip to mithril or adamant.
    :yes: -
    I have seen this too, and I think that having Aphe have, like, 4 versions of each map, with different ore placement and decreased quantity of adamant/mythril veins, so people can't go straight to the veins.
    And, with the map now gone (still disorients me), you can't just look at the map and find them anymore.
    *Skeletons are pretty buggy atm, it's like they have a high ping.
    :yes:
    - Yea, they have been this way for a while, and it has made them extremely overpowered since they can sweep through a hallway and kill builders before they can even hit once.
    * Decrease the intensity of the barrier in the sky, I understand you don't want non-angels to get past but it should not slam you into the ground at 9000 mph.
    ???
    - I don't know if the strength is due to it being 3-red-thick or him manually changing it, so I don't know if there would be a way to fix it or a desire to. After all, it's not noob-friendly, but it also makes you not so curious about it anymore.
    *Some sort of government system added. A nation with a king would leave him to do all the diplomacy and decisions while a democracy would vote.
    :no:
    - I think this would be too much of a hassle. You need to vote for a king (unanimously so you can't abuse the vote when there is only two people on a team), then be able to give perms to that person to be able to vote. Depending on how new the other team is, they might not have a king, so they might not be able to vote No for it, if you wish to go full-on King-Mode.
    *Baddies spawning at nighttime or on the surface in general. Of course it wouldn't be as intense as the underground ones. Knights and archers are rarely used unless at war, it'd be awesome if the your base was actually made to defend you/more guards running around as opposed to builders.
    :yes:- I think that this would be smart, but there must be a better way around it. I think Aphe already tried it, and it seemed to have failed.
    Ones on the map itself die too soon, a spawner in the air is too unpredictable and may drop zombies straight into your base.

Well, that was a good waste of 15 minutes.

13. I am commenting on the ones you disagreed with or questioned in order.

??? - I am no programmer but I'm sure it won't be difficult for Aphelion to figure out, he seems to know what he's doing. Would be useful for planning supar sekrit things.

:no: - Simple solution. Chests found underground are neutral, and it will belong to the first team who picks it up, giving only that team access to it. I've always liked the idea of chests rather than storage caches.

??? - Tickets are essentially how many spawns your team has. Every death = -1 ticket and when you run out you can no longer spawn. I think this would be a better way to wage war instead of camping the enemies spawn point.

??? - It is still roleplayed in but it's weird since you can't actually toss coins to another player. This would make it much easier and wars will be started over anything so it's no excuse to keep it out. Maybe add the ability to toss a bag of coins as well..

??? - I'm pretty sure the thickness and strength were buffed because he didn't want people to have any way of getting through if they're not an angel.

:no: - This one was my least favorite of all the ideas. I came up with it while listing the others. You seem to misunderstand the concept of a monarchy anyway. You don't vote for a king, he takes power. This can be roleplayed in pretty easily so I don't really care if it's not added. A crown item would be cool though so people know who's the king of each race.

And in regard to your response to suggestion #9, the ores seem to be randomly generated each time. The sizes and location are always the same but the ore itself changes. I just think the system chooses adamantite and mythril way too often.

14. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

well... i have lots of suggestions so i should probably drown you all in them right now.
    first: orcs should be forced war/neutral BUT they would start with armour and arrows maybe? or even another team which is just bandits that are locked neutral or war without being able to go peace?, or maybe just make taverns and so on.
    another thing for this team: they should have different items. like bring back the archer knife so you can switch between graple and knife like equipment

and for another suggestion. storages should be accessable by ALL TEAMS. this does not contradict the rules and would encourage protecting storages. maybe you can build storage doors, but expensive 100-200 stone perhaps?

and i know i said something like this before about the mooks who are mythril OP. but even normal respawning mooks would be good.

and another thing. noom needs to respawn. he can only be beaten once and then one race goes crazy from the dragon armour.
    instead of dragon armour noom should just drop crazy amounts of armadyl, coal, mythril, iron, steel bars, potions, food, etc etc etc etc

potions are too EASY to get now. since you simplified ingrediant potions have been used alot because they are so easy to get.
    i agree with simple recipies but not easy recipies.

there should be certain 'farm' workshops where you can leave certain things inside (grain, seeds, etc) and they would duplicate over time.

thats all for now, i hope you will consider this and maybe someday. it will be added and i will be world famous :wink:

15. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

t
    once i played roleplay and the map was bugged. the bug caused a zombie portal to be stuck up in the sky. that was the funnest game i ever played and i would pay to do it again, with all the refugee camps and 'fall back!' and 'there are too many!' another reason i liked it because it added a huge aspect of roleplay to the game. maybe after 15 minutes a portal in the sky gets activated?

16. Dargona1018

I don't truly know if that was a glitch or something meant to happen. As I said in another post somewhere up there, I think that Aphe was testing how enemies could spawn at night, from floating portals to pre-placed enemies, but that it was probably a failed experiment.

17. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1) That is something I've been planning on doing for a while, and it'll happen in the next update
    2) That's not possible within modding limitations
    3) Well, I'll do it for the fifth (?) time
    4) I can see how this might be a problem, but the amount of coins required is enough to "purchase" the dragon/armadyl equipment
    5) Not until chests can be crafted
    6) The current system will have to do for now
    7) Perhaps in the future
    8) Maybe someday
    9) Definitely happening in the next update
    10) Caused by the server being overloaded/I may replace the undead code with my new stuff for Zombie Fortress = better ai = less buggyness?
    11) Unfortunately that can't be done, it has to be that way to keep people out
    12) No
    13) Maybe someday

----
    While v1.7.9 will be out today, don't expect any big updates anytime soon. I'm currently working on recreating Zombie Fortress as close to the classic version as possible, you can read (or see) about that here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/what-are-you-working-on.13574/page-13#post-298163

Once that's done I have no intent of spending a week planning, creating and testing another major update. Not anytime soon, anyhow.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  18. @Aphelion3371 Orcs gather gold ore at the beginning>Transfer to coins at Trader>Buy mass amounts of scrolls>Rush Noom

19. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Scrolls of Destruction will instead heal the necromancer.

20. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.