1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

3 teleporters limit at CTF

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 8x, Jul 11, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Teleporters as an offensive tactic is out of control at the moment at CTF matches. A team can have as much teleporters as their resources allow (I've seen like 7 or 8 at a time). If it was limited to a maximun of 3 tunnels, (Base/Front/Special spot or Mid) capturing the flag wouldn't be so cheap sometimes.
    Building a new teleporter, as it's a really powerful option for attackers, should be a bit harder. It's not about the cost of it, which is appropiated for a shop, but about a tactical limitation. It might generate a more dynamic and interesting way of attacking.

2. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

Well, if I've been reading the dev log correctly, you'll actually be able to use your enemies tunnel system in the next update, negating some of that advantage.

TeQaS and zerd like this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I remember suggesting a long time ago that you should be able to capture enemy tunnels for yourself at about the rate it takes to capture a base, so that would be an excellent addition.

4. I still like the "tunnels also cost gold" idea the best.

epenow likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yep, using this on the classic mod and it works really well.

take note kag devs.

Horse_That_Goes_Ni likes this.
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

where did you read it?

7. except that in vanilla tunnels were unusable when they cost gold :^)

also I can confirm that in the next patch there will be possibility of using enemy tunnels
    and lastly, I don't think limiting tunnels to 3 would solve any of the proxy tunnel bullshit issues. Would rather force you to keep removing idiotic tunnels around your tent made by teammates.

8. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

*Puts saw trap under travel tunnel and makes tunnels out in the open*

9. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Now, Knight shoppes or tunnels will need to be encased in a tomb of sorts. Either that, or tunnels having traps under them.

10. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

In beta when we had war mode enemies could use team tunnels. This was easily countered with saw traps like Ricket said.

Also as another way to trap a tunnel with a less effective version(slower and won't give you kills) with spikes. You may think you can't have spikes overlapping a workshop, but its possible. Just make sure you place the spikes first

Proof
    [​IMG]
    Also could we get the spoiler button back?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

ITT: people complain about builder tactics they cant counter as knight.

12. Saucy-Gibbon

Saucy-Gibbon Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think a cap on tunnels is a bit daft.
    btw I've desired the ability to use enemy tunnels for a while now, so news of such is good to hear.

13. This is for the most part fixed. I dont see as much tunnel spam because people are setting up traps in case enemies get through :)

Mods: Rainbows