1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Bombs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SirCharizard, Jun 13, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

I really hope this Idea has not been taken. So here's how it works:

For the sake of this demonstration, :dirt:= a wooden block, :camping:= a block on fire and :water_bomb:= a Fire Bomb

So you are a knight in front of a wooden building, and it doesn't belong to your team.

:dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt: :dirt:
    :knight: :door: :migrant: :door:

You're too lazy to break the pieces one by one, and when you use a bomb, the damage is instantly repaired.
    Also, there is no archer with a fire arrow in sight.

That's where the fire bomb comes in play! :dance::teabag::knight:

The fire bomb will have the same blast radius as a water bomb, but any other block except the one it hits will have a 50% chance of catching fire.

For example.

:dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :water_bomb: :dirt: :dirt:
    :knight: :door: :migrant::migrant::migrant: :door:

:camping::camping::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :camping: !!!!!!!!! :dirt:
    :knight: :door: :migrant::migrant::migrant: :door:

Thanks fire bomb!
    ::D::thumbs_up:

Additional Notes:
    Sorry about the formatting of the structures.
    I am open to constructive criticism.
    My IGN is Waterelf10.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

They used to exist but they were called satchels (cept there was no rng).

I think they were removed because they wanted archers to have something more going for them, or that knights never really needed them since they can break wood with their sword anyways, so it was just considered redundant.

Just an fyi, use :blank: to space blocks because just using space bar doesn't work.

Malitha likes this.
  3. SirCharizard

So THAT'S what a satchel is...
    Okay. Thanks for the info. ::)::thumbs_up:

4. I'd actually like to see satchels again, or at least reintroduce them for testing. I'm a better knight than archer, and many times I see opportunities for burning enemy structures when playing as knight. Usually I switch to archer just to burn the thing and switch back. That's fine and all but I'm a pretty horrible archer and can't do much else after I fire the arrow. It wouldn't really be overpowered either because it is much harder for a knight to get up close to an enemy structure and throw the item than it is for an archer to shoot it :chicken:

5. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

I would say otherwise, there were way more powerful than firearrows. It's easier for a knight to get close to the enemy building (or inside with bombjumps). Chances that you miss your target were small and if I remember right you could burn wood behind stone.

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

That would be cool, And maybe they could be bashed to pieces?

7. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

I would really like to see fire bombs, so you can burn other people. They should work like water bombs though, maybe remove water bomb for Knight, I think it doesn't fit Knigth.
    And if you add A fire bomb for archer, why not add a sticky arrow for Archer?
    So they stick around.

8. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

If they do this, they need to make Wooden walls Slash/jab-proof, or insanely slash/jab-resistant.
    As it is though, probably not needed

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Doors are, and they are atrocious, and no one thinks to set them on fire.

Would fire.

10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Fire bombs are the only thing I want in KAG. I'd like Fire Bombs to replace Mines, which I'd like moved to builder's shop.

11. DragonShark

Mines would fit the builder shop better, because every class can use mines, like boulders, drills, ect.
    And like bombs only Knights can use them. So the Fire bomb could replace the mine real nicely.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

10/10, idea so good it was added and removed before the thread was made.

Rayne, UnnamedPlayer, Ej and 3 others like this.
  13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

And make the archer even more useless and the knight even more overpowered.

Support!

14. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

Shoot, if knights are magically able to light keg and bomb fuses, why not be able to light a wood block?

15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Because that'd be OP.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. xRPEx

xRPEx Shopkeep Stealer

I know that. I was being sarcastic.

17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

To tell you the truth, I kind of miss satchels. The reason they were removed, though, is because they weren't useful enough. Their effective use was a very small niche, and the devs thought that niche was better filled by Archers, the class they consider more technical.

Fun fact - the devs originally intended the satchels to be an Archer tool - a trap, really - to give the class more strategic options. It didn't quite work out, but I do kind of like the idea of Archers having some kind of remotely detonated explosive charge.... And no, you don't have to scream, "No, OP." This is just me thinking aloud.

18. DragonShark

Archers have Fire, Water and even bomb arrows. So they COULD do this too, but more difficult, it will be. Knights should really get the satchel back.
    pls geti

19. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Water puts out fire, silly.

20. SirCharizard

Shhh. KAG logic.

bobotype likes this.
Mods: Rainbows