1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crates!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by dinotree, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Make Crates Fun or No?

1. No Crates Suck

45.5%
  2. Yes Crates Rock

54.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

You used to be able to get in crates in TTH and then get your friend to carry you around and transport you. But now you can't so I think Crates should get a buff and follow these guidelines.
    1. People can get in crates and get out of crates just like it used to
    2. Crates can be thrown without just floating down. Such as a Catapult can launch a crate and it can actually gain distance.
    3. Make crates able to be built in CTF through the builder shop.
    Opinions and Thoughts?

dual_chiecken and Contrary like this.
  2. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I remember once I hopped in a crate and became "RPG Crate V.1".

I gave those holding me "quests", such as "Kill X archers".

I also became a "Companion Crate", giving out compliments and lusting over their sexy builders.

Best TTH moment in memory.

Anonymuse likes this.
  3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Crates are cancer, they were taken out of vanilla because players would spend the entire game sitting in them, being totally useless.

They serve no practical purpose in-game.

4. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

If a player is in them sitting in it. Kick them for afk. And saying they have no use is crazy I once hid in a crate while someone took me with them and then he died and I got picked up by an enemy and carried into a base and popped out

5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

They have no practical use, anyone with even half of a brain would simply hover over the crate, and see the name/team color of whoever is in it.

I'm sick of shitlords jumping into crates and yelling at people to carry them.

Galen, Malitha and Gurin like this.
  6. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Theres one simple solution that would help you get over your hatred of people yelling at you to carry them. say no

7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

And I do, and then they continue to sit in said crate, bothering and spamming everyone that walks by to carry them, instead of doing something useful. It's essentially a waste of a server slot.

I'm glad they got removed, otherwise I would have started kicking people for that kind of crap.

Apronymous likes this.
  8. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I think the big question that decides the fate of crates is: Do the developers want KAG to become a SPORT game (DOTA 2 style, competitive and such), or a FUN, GOOFY game? The removal of crates suggests they would rather have a SPORTY game, but as many people have stated, they did indeed enjoy the FUN, GOOFY days of solid snake crates. I, for one, became Crateos, god of sneak when I went inside of a crate. I won stalemate games from being deposited at the enemy's door inside of a crate. It all revolves around what the devs want the game to become.

9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

The game has definitely taken a turn towards SPORTY seeing as their are a bunch of elitists in each match, and most servers/players aren't noob-friendly, which will lead to the demise of this game.
    EDIT: This is barring modded servers and shiprekt.

I think that the Devs should add them back into code, but let the Owner choose to add it in or not, so they don't need to mod it in if people love crates.
    I personally don't mind crates, and to kinda take away from @Trumbles point, most people are idiots and don't think about that. And all it takes is one idiot to do that (thinking it's resource crate), and on some servers, there are whole teams of them.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  10. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Honestly, the snake crate was quite fun all on it's own.

We've all, I think, had our infiltration moment.

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Allow Pulling people out of Crates.

Explains Aphe's FOE Zambies

13. Dargona1018

I forgot to add "barring modded servers and shirekt". :oops:

14. I hated it when people hid in crates and thought the enemy would totally not realize they were in it. At least TTH crates aren't like that.

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

So basically we should remove fun things if they give people a way to be useless?

By that logic, the archer class should be the first to go. I've occasionally seen a person or two asking for crate rides, but every single game I'll see tonnes of people playing archer, ineffectually spamming arrows off of their tower, accomplishing nothing.

In fact they're even worse than the crate guys since unlike the crate guys who are safe and sound in their boxes behind base, archers are constantly dying and feeding coins to the enemy.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  16. Crates are good for: Trolling
    Hiding
    Places for you to go afk
    Carrying supplies????

17. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

don't forget flags! they normally sit around and do nothing.

18. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

"No more getting into crates
    As fun as it might be for you, we're quite tired of complaints about players effectively wasting a team slot by spending the entire game asking their team to carry them into battle. The code is still in there, just commented out for those who want this in modded servers."
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2014 ---
    By that logic we would be better off banning all new players from KAG. Or making any builder who stays in the area around the tent die within 30 seconds.

@Trumbles said they had no practical purpose. Not that they give an opportunity for uselessness, they are just useless. That's all they do. Crates were never used in varied way so that players would suspect there was anything but someone inside.

The most a crate can do is surprise a total noob. Which is pointless cause noobs can be killed easily anyway. A good archer can actually do something.

tl;dr: Archers can get better, all crates do is train people to slash boxes for free kills.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  19. Dargona1018

That is a quote from . . . ?? A changelog or something?

20. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yep, It's a quote from the build 1180 changelog.

Dargona1018 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows