1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is one small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1180]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I like mines doing that, but why should they be any different from kegs/bomb arrows/anything else?

2. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

It's annoying when you buy a mine, you place it down on a good spot and a team mate comes along, picks it up and throws it across the map taking all glory! If I pay 60 coins for a mine I'd like to be able get the credit for killing someone with it even if a team mate picks it up or not. :0(

::(:

RadioActive, 101i and Anonymuse like this.
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I guess it makes sense since it's something that is "set" and it supposed to be triggered after a certain amount of time. Kegs have a timer, so does a bomb, bomb arrow, etc. Good point. +1

Aurora- likes this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

What happens if you are unaware that you picked up a special arrow? Then you fire it off by accident because all of your arrows were replaced by various water fire and bomb arrows. Not necessarily likely but just saying...

NinjaCell and zerd like this.
  5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Maybe making it a selectable option in your settnings? I like the idea, a lot, I only see this happening and it sucking if you're picking up a bunch of water arrows by accident. And even then, you can make good use of any arrows and go refill at spawn if necessary.

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Maybe you could have one spot always reserved for regular arrows?

Spec arrows do disappear rather quickly so them filling your inventory is unlikely. Picking up bomb arrows in the heat of the moment is such a pain right now, it happened to me today.

Another possibility is to only have this apply to bomb arrows because they are the ones most likely needed instantly.

7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

The ability to customize pickup priority for each of the three classes yourself would be fantastic.

8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Spikes not being team specific.
    • :builder::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes::spikes:'s will hit anyone chasing anyone else instead of only teammates chasing enemies, improving them from being strictly detrimental to being horrendously inefficient.
    • Spike pits would be unaffected (allies don't enter your spike traps).
    • Spikes near doors would continue to work like the used to (allies don't shouldn't linger in front of your doors).
    • If the chat is anything to go by this should cut down on spike spamming somewhat, not that minecrafters won't find some other pointless "trap" to spam.
    Edit: To be slightly more clear, I'm asking that stone-rooted spikes continue to be different from wood-rooted spikes, but that they trigger when anyone steps on them, instead of when anyone who isn't on your team steps on them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  9. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Spikes on wooden blocks?

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's called alternate wood/stone/wood/stone and then put spikes all over it.

11. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I'm asking for it because bad builders exist, not because I would ever want to use a spikes field.

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Other than my first small change, more heads I have another one.
    iirc @Ej mentioned this at tester irc/forum so credits to him.
    Give trapblock the same physics like standard blocks (stone/wood) have, which will make them easier to climb and give them more use as stairs (including fixing walljumping and so forth).

NinjaCell likes this.
  13. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Make Builders use an axe to chop trees :kappa:

No but really

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  14. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

heres a slight problem id have with that. say you got a minecrafting builder all game. hes just rolling his material into coins and buys 10 mines at some point. if the kill counts for him he gets all the bank and then the team sort of ends up relying on one player buying all the shit for the earned kills

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I like the idea of more scrolls... Like the ones in Aphelions roleplay server

16. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

Friendlyfire for everything

17. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

So many people screaming "nerf mines" yet I think they are alright as they are :rekt:
    But tweaking the triggering mechanism would balance things a lot
    Basically mines should only detonate when an alive enemy steps on it and maybe when others explosives detonate nearby (chain reaction)
    Thats my opinion ofc

18. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

fuck invisible mines.

19. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

My mother was an invisible mine.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Apronymous and Potatobird like this.
  20. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

Mines detonating with random items is worst

Some days ago I bought two mines, grab the first one and then when I was going to grab the other one my char decided to pick up a small stone pile that detonated the second mine. Result = shops got wrecked, and ofc I was kicked :rektlord::rektlord::rektlord:

zerd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.