1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rapid Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Shadlington, Nov 1, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Dossa

Dossa Shipwright

Rapid death match is sick, just saying! Although Thiel needs to be nerfed, winning 5v1s isnt fair.

Noburu, Contrary, Thiel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Or banned or people should get better at the game?

3. LightzZ

LightzZ Shipwright

Or the people and u get better on the game ;D

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Dossa is a really good player~

Thiel likes this.
  5. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Trick-Room
    The whole map is a checker board of red/blue drawbridges. Some of you might be groaning; but think about it for a second. Since it is a checkerboard every player is visible and with the new feature for drawbridges fighting will feel like you're flying. There is a glitch with map editor where the game crashes when you jump into the drawbridges... so I have not tested it out. Hopefully this map is not terribly broken. I'll make it bigger if it is needed.
    Trapdoor map.png

Attached Files:

Wonka and Wyeth like this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

you should've put floors in tbh. lagging players will just fall out the bottom.

7. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

@fellere, I like it, but why aren't you putting it in the map subforum? More people would see it there surely?

8. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fellere: It plays well.
    There's a bug with the spawns though, they cause bedrock to explode when they spawn.
    They need more space above them.

9. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Dwat: Your 4th map doesn't play so well. Most of the middle area goes unused - there needs to be more paths available into it.

10. Zazou

Zazou Shipwright

Shad I post the OldRuins map WITH spawns, I dunno why it erase the two pixels on Paint.net, I got it when I was creating map...

Attached Files:

11. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Thanks Shad, rethinking it.

12. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

@Wyeth, I needed to find out if it actually worked. Kept on crashing when I tried to test it solo, so its not finished.
    @Geti, I couldnt test it :( when in map editor the game crashes whenever I jumped in so I couldnt get the specifics down.
    @Shad, thanks for the feedback I appreciate you putting my experimental map on your server

Old map with (hopefully) glitch fix:
    Trapdoor map.png

Old map with (bedrock floors) please give me feedback on how the floor plan works and what areas they need improvement.
    Trapdoor (with floors) map.png

13. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

Just played it but didn't saw it before in forum so I first thought ...wtf? Then I started to run in the bridges and woooahhh it's nice to fly around! xD
    So thump up! =)

Fellere825 likes this.
  14. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

FEE FI FO FUM dahurrr

[​IMG]

15. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

1. We have a map forum in modding
    2. Why that much sky?
    3. I can't start the map without getting the game crashed.

16. SpitfireXero

Crashes probably due to the team bridge. And at the time, I had planned on making the castle a lot higher in the sky but realized that's just too high. If I resized the map, the colors would be all fucked up and I'd have to redo it. And I'm well aware there's a map forum in modding, Wonka. I made a separate thread, and posted this here just to get it extra attention.

edit: fixed it and updated the thread in the modding section.

17. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

Ok, sry didn't meant to attack you, I just didn't saw it in maps!^^

If you use paint.net just tag the important part copy it without the sky and paste it in a new file which will in paint.net have the same size as the picture you have in your fast memory.
    In gimp there it should be possible, too, but idk how exactly, cause I don't use it.

Edit: You already fixed it so nvm. But still crashes, by touching the bridges, strange. Maybe it works on servers...

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Why don't you guys use the old MS paint? It's quite simple and good for this purpose :)

19. SpitfireXero

MS paint is for girls.

Wonka likes this.
  20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Wait..But I use paint.Net!

Mods: jackitch