1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Usually the big floating chat bubble works, but maybe if there was a sort of grunty noise when you said something that might be nice!

2. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

Honestly, by the time you guys stop arguing/discussing this build and what-not, the devs will have already released a new one. :X3:

And to the devs :smug:: this actually made KAG fun to play again. It encourages people to actually think about their teammates instead of just trying to be one man show.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2014 ---
    Also
    @101i and @Rayne be like 2014-08-22 03.50.12.jpg

Noburu likes this.
  3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

4. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

5. Irou

Irou Builder Stabber

1. Alright, here's video of sangfroid fighting "french army"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSo8ATo3QyI&list=UUJchVwZ5Gz3QEIL493GUiVg

Did you see sangfroid's score? Did you see "french army's" score? Did you see who won? Now you've just seen the match you wanted to watch so badly.

Of course sangfroid is great player, I've never claimed otherwise, but in future try to avoid comparing US players with EU. There will always be ping differences and unless you find a server located in the middle of Atlantic Ocean you'll never see an equal match.
      I remind you Mazey that in this video sangfroid fights mostly against new players and it's not that hard. I'd like to see him playing against clan to see what he's really worth.

[ZEN] Vs [f]

And if [AG#] finds suitable server

[AG#] Vs [f]

They'll be great matches.

As for update I have a question:
      Providing that jab is very fast does the shield activate faster than jab to defend from jab spamming? @Geti

Fuzzle likes this.
  6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

afaik it is. Really, it's been fucking tested on Classic. It fucking worked.

7. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

[Zen]* :wink:

And we were planning on doing an awesome clan war with frission, we just need a little more time to get prepared! What a great fight that will be!

I also enjoy seeing a decent player record KAG matches because there are not a lot of good KAG videos on Youtube. Too bad they speak french :(

8. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

index.jpg

franek123 and DatNobby like this.
  9. Irou

Irou Builder Stabber

After doing some tests to prove the speed of your jab I came to the following results:

If we put 2 jabbers side by side:
    Player 1 starts to spam jabs and the 2nd player after the first jab of player 1.

The first player can shield 4 hits, and the 2nd player can only shield 2 hits.

Logically it should be 3!

Then, for the test with a shielder, the jabber almost has the time to use 2 jabs against the one who knows that the player will jab.

So immagine if someone doesn't know? He receives at least 2 jabs which include the time that he must put his shield up.

sorry for my english.

Fuzzle and Asu like this.
  10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Now u mad

11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

it's been said so many times already in this thread, jabs need to be slowed down a bit, but thanks for repeating that.

Noburu and franek123 like this.
  12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh hey Rayne, just thought I'd let you know...

Can you slow down jabs please? They're a bit fast.

13. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

heard jabs were fast, testing first thing when gold

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Is comparing EU and AUS OK though? Because I'd like everyone to know I'm way better than Lee, CheeseMeister and Ravenplucker altogether.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I beat Duplolas in a match once. And since he's the bzt nite evr, I know that I'm better than everyone else. Since he's never been defeated by anyone but me. Therefore I am the best.

Oh look at that, my e-peen is showing again. Brb gotta hide it.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I heard jabs were fast, so we put fast jabs in your jabs, so you can quickly jab with your jabs.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

After playing the build some more extensively, I can safely say I don't like the nerfs to knight jumping. Bomb jumping is pretty much impossible for any decent distance, and even a triple gets me almost nowhere. They also fall a lot faster, so what's the point of their shield glide now? We now have a ceiling over the arena that people can build up to, so you may as well give knights back some of that upper mobility when used with bombs. There has to be a happy medium, because before it was way too high (The ceiling removed that, remember) and now it's way too low since knights can't even reach the top of the map with 2-3 bombs. I can't even get horizontal distance with a single bomb anymore, it's pretty irritating.

Otherwise, actual knight combat is 10x better. I don't even mind jabstun since my shield DOES in fact stun the foe when they jab it.

So yeah, gimme more vertical/horizontal bomb distance. We've got the ceiling, it's really all the nerfs knight mobility needed aside from infinite wall climbing. I'll have to play more to eke out my verdict on wall riding but so far I've gotten used to the nerfs to that too.

Snake19 and Anonymuse like this.
  18. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Well I think most people did not quite understand what I meant ...
    This is why I'll give you an example.

On this map, it was previously possible to mount (the place where I have a pointer) with a single slash and shield up.

[​IMG]

Now this is impossible and ruins the gameplay on some map ...
    I would like to give this as before.

There is also something else that has changed, I do not know if this is a bug or whatever, but previously it was possible to dig blocs under the tent to put a storage example it was very handy.

[​IMG]

Why has he changed?

Anonymuse likes this.
  19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

You're able to dig under tent, just not the blocks directly below.
    But yeah, the slash distance should really be buffed back to it's original distance. It's so hard to navigate now and to gain any ground on uneven terrain.

20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You didn't just complain about Geti removing spawn mining, right? Right? Of course not, that would be stupid and you're not stupid.

Edit: Mfw I see a thread about this very subject: https://forum.kag2d.com/posts/304770/

Goddamn pubs.