1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you like to have KAG Classic on Steam as free-to-play game?

1. Yes.

69.9%
  2. No.

19.1%
  3. I don't care.

11.0%
  1. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Classic was always free nub. And steam scrubs don't like it cause they suck at it and it isn't filled with flashy features that provide no real depth to the game.

2. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

I think a main part of classic isn't for the players who haven't flipped to beta yet (which thats one thing) but mainly for players who don't have the money to buy it and for people who want to try what kags like before they go to beta.

I understand that non-premium accounts don't matter much to you but remember when you were smaller did you enjoy paying for games that you don't know much about? no you probably like free stuff (everyone likes free stuff) but the point is that Kag is getting a lot of money through Beta. And I don't see how classic would be robbing that money that your making.

Sorry if i sound rude i just love classic :( its my favorite game and i don't want it to ever go away. I have many non-premium friends that i don't know if i would see again if it was removed and my computer is barely capable of running beta so it would pretty much be the end of me in kag.

#LongLifeClassic :(

3. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

Well you know, it's not like they're the only ones holding the code or the people that developed the game or anything, so if there's somebody else to ask or somebody that doesn't care about skating around the ability to reverse engineer and release code, point us in that direction.

Or you could just release the code yourselves, especially if you're going to drop it and discontinue all thought processes associated with it. At least leave it to people who care about it and want to do something with it!

LetsplayCmansez and Taiga like this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Why is this thread still open? There will be nothing more of classic that's the end of it... Geti literally commented it himself

5. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

Don't make me invade beta

6. One word: wisdom.

literally both sides are fighting each other and i'm not accepting this. You guys on the classic side are so damn aggressive. No wonder you are like freaking rebels. This is suppose to be a warm friendly persuading, and asking for support. Not conversation about unnecessary things that the people don't even give a dam about.

I mentioned it to the devs almost 3 times. You guys are just bombarding the threads with comments.

Rayne likes this.
  7. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Hit the nail on the head

8. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

So what, do we have to offer to buy up KAG classic to win back the devs love and support?
    Because we've tried that, we've tried being reasonable, we've tried keeping on the heat, so now all we've got left to do is try and rinse and repeat. Or you know, one of the many other avenues we have suggested.

I'm not gonna pretend King Arthur's Gold developers are demigods and I must breathe what they say. They're average Joes just like the rest of us, the only difference? While we have all pursued our own interests that may or may not coincide with each other, the developers have spent the time they needed to be able to learn and author a game down to every aspect. Through their studies and work, they have become game developers. They are not just developing King Arthur's Gold and rightfully so; but when you are talking about your creation entitled "Classic" or "Alpha" or "whatever you call this thing now that you're trying to forget about it", no matter how big or how small, it doesn't even seem like you guys like the thing anymore.

Would you rip out a plant's roots just because they started growing outside the pot?

And now that you're done with it, while we're all still enjoying it, you guys are just gonna kill it? Thanks for that, I am so glad I played this game for so long only for that to happen.

9. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Were not even asking for the code(although that would be great.)
    We just want the ability to keep the master server going via community donations, or one of us hosting it ourselves.
    Calling it quits on a community so well sculpted and developed will hurt the well being of the release version.

When runescape came out with runescape 2, they kept runescape classic, because people still played it. even as small as that userbase was, they kept their servers up and never thought about killing off their loyal players.

Kag classic is unique, and speaks for itself.

We are classic, we are present, we dont want to piddle out.

Whats not broken should not be fixed.

Please hear out our plea.

10. You are entire entirely misinformed, or haven't had a good look at the Steam storefront in the past several months. The amount of shovelware on the market is, to say the least, embarrassing. The remainder of your statements are equally misinformed or otherwise blatantly incorrect. I'm not sure who your source of information is, but it's apparent that they lied to you.

As far as the rest of this thread goes, why are the developers not just giving us the source code? The classic community seems more than game to deal with the hackers & pay for whatever expenses the game requires. The developers wouldn't need to do a lick more work.

This is coming from someone who bought the game not once, but twice. KAG classic is a beautiful piece of software and it would be an absolute shame to let it die. This is specifically targeted at you, Geti-- classic has an extremely tight-knit and dedicated community. Those of us who are left want nothing but the best for it, and will gladly take on any expenses required to keep it running.

..Ball's in your court, I guess.

pls give us the source code

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Beepo, Harmony and Oldatra like this.
  11. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

and you wonder why people disagree with those who push classic
    cause you all act like assholes

12. Constructive, legitimate game design criticism =/= being an asshole.

Beepo and Alpaca like this.
  13. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

It's kag. Everyone's an asshole. Including people who play beta. Deal.

14. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

15. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

I don't think you can read.

LetsplayCmansez likes this.
  16. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

tried
    didn't exactly succeed with being reasonable from what i've seen of you guys
    but you did try
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2014 ---
    thanks for proving my point even further
    yet again, all assholes.

17. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Or you're over thinking our words by just barely analyzing the meaning of any of them. I'd advise you brush up on what's happening by reading all 6 pages before commenting that opinion.

18. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, it's more like, "Well it's taken six pages to get this discussion up and moving in the right direction and now there's some guy telling us we're assholes".

You can thank us when classic is saved

19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Please just lock the thread already... it's going nowhere...

20. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

[​IMG]