1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Afaik they didn't change anything about bombjumping power/velocity. They also didn't change anything about falling speed. Only the shield and the map border. If they did, they didn't put it in the patch notes - the "gravity" they were talking about was metaphorical. (can someone confirm so I don't look dumb pls)

And if you haven't noticed, when you hit the top of the border in a bombjump, you keep your momentum. Additionally, builders can only build up to within two blocks of the top of the map. (That's about as tall as your average knight.) I think it's possible that the border changes actually did nothing at all, except make the "top" more visible - unless there actually is a difference in momentum once you hit the top of the map, which is totally likely. They still need to make it blue again though.

But otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can still jump over literally anything.

2. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I never had this problem ...

I can only tell you that this is a technique used in clan wars when we change class resources fall directly into the storage.

Excuse me for my english.

Regards
    Snake

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think it's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

The ceiling makes a complete barrier. Before, there was a red line preventing building, but you could bomb jump up and past that line easily, and by like 50 blocks with the right angling. I have seen the "Two blocks" of width a knight can squeeze through that you're talking about, but a short row of forward facing platforms will put that to and end quickly, even if you did manage to get enough height to jump over a tower.

The shield nerfs make knight go significantly less far horizontally when multi-bomb vomiting or bomb jumping. Less airborne time means less time to cook a bomb and drop it under you, as well as less horizontal distance.

Personally I believe the devs and the players should have just made all maps have bedrock under the flag, and then people who didn't want it under the spawn could swap to dirt manually for things like what you're saying. In any case, aside from your niche clan wars use, it shouldn't be allowed and digging out the spawn is bad bad bad.

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Idk, jabs seem a little fast in this update guys.

5. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

god do you guys get drunk and high when you rebalance?

Shit I can't even slash jump to the next patch of land without having to do a regular jump (are you kidding) or that wall climb (wat is that all about anyways), yet I can stay in the air for over five seconds just jumping and doing the regular shield glide.

Also is this f***ing wall KICKS WILL WORK FROM SUPER MARIO 64?

GOD

btw I just mauled some stinky archer with his grappling hook after jabbing this one knight to death twice lol, THE JABS ARE INCREDIBLY FAST

6. Potatobird

[​IMG]

That's what I meant when I was talking about the 2 block gap, sorry if I didn't make it clear. You can't build a tower too high to be jumped over.

Here's what I meant when I was talking about the momentum of the border:

See how you don't fall for a little bit after hitting the border? It is not the same as a solid wall. This is what happens when you hit a solid wall:

The shield changes just make it harder to survive after a bomb jump, due to fall damage. Doesn't affect the actual bomb jump.

Sorry for f.lux and the general crappiness, I was trying to be quick.

7. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

really... so, you make an update so people will be happy. and you buff jabs, even more? that makes so much fucking sense. i have loved this new update so fucking much besides this, gameplay is impossible with a bunch of bot replicas jabbing you to death making gameplay fucking impossible to enjoy. NICE GOING DEVS.
    oh yeah and if you put your shield down then you you get raped to death by the jabbers, how are you supposed to get away from these retards when they jump on you repeatedly jabbing?!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2014 ---
    whats a friendly player? i-is that part of the new update? either way, never heard of 'em

Asu likes this.
  8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

there's one way to deal with jabspammers in groups and other such plebs.

git gud m9

[​IMG]

Apronymous, Monsteri, rymcd and 3 others like this.
  9. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

10. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

can somebody please address wall kicks will work, I have been classic pleb under a rock
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS AND IS PRACTICALLY GOD-MODE FOR KNIGHT!

about as bad as archer GRAPPLING HOOK; IS THIS King Arthur's Gold or King Arthur's Suggestion Box?

11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

if you havent taken the time to notice, shielding a jab stuns the jabber, giving you time to counter-attack or retreat and use terrain to your advantage(camp), ofc if you just stand there you're going to die.

startselect3 and 101i like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

lol @ Harmony spinning out over the transition from Classic to Release.

That said, it's an interesting case study comparing people who're used to Release being upset about knight's mobility being reduced, whereas someone like Harmony who's been a Classic fag sees the newly nerfed movement as "PRACTICALLY GOD-MODE FOR KNIGHT!". Funny, what a little bit of perspective does. ::P:

13. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

I completely agree with xRush101. Being a skilled player takes a lot of practise. The only way you could win a knight battle in the previous build was if you were a better knight. It had very little to do with luck. If you make a mistake you die. That is what made this game great for me and a lot of other players.

Geti i sincerely hope you read his post and use it in the next build.

Snake19 likes this.
  14. @Harmony, how's your jab speed research?

15. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

last build was 40% luck / 60% bs momentum from nowhere. I enjoy this new update wholeheartedly because I can actually move around w/ 150 ping and not get lag slashed.

Apronymous likes this.
  16. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

very good point, i forgot about that. but still it is a lot easier for jabbers to slaughter you and it makes the gameplay a lot harder to enjoy, like i said. people who say "slash is op" its better then jabs because slashing takes skill, timing and strategy. jabbing takes a brain dead minefag with no skill, timing or strategy whatsoever.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2014 ---
    and yeah i agree with Yagger, new update is boss except making jabbing more op.

17. Potatobird

How do jabs NOT take skill, timing, and strategy? They might be too fast but they have small hitboxes and it is definitely possible to miss someone with a jab.

Everyone claiming that jab is op, go play a game and try to jabspam. See how it goes for you.

The point of the jab buff was so that slashing wouldn't be as safe in immediate range. Now you can't just stand directly on top of someone and charge slashes and have them be helpless. Strategy my ass.

startselect3 likes this.
  18. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

40% luck / 60% bs momentum from nowhere (<- implying luck). If that is the case, how do you explain the fact that the same people (that play knight ofcourse) always got the most kills/least deaths?

Fuzzle likes this.
  19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

it honestly sounds like you're just saying that because you dislike it, quit trying to be edgy and get some facts.

Gurin and startselect3 like this.
  20. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm getting home today so hopefully I'll be able to play soon. Unless jab spamming is a pain in the ass I don't see a whole lot wrong with the build. The thing I liked about slashing was that you timed your slashes and moved in for the kill when someone made a mistake. It wasn't entirely skillful, but it was something everyone could learn. What I want from this build is to see more teamwork and balance between classes. I have heard about the idea of reverting shield changes. Maybe that might help some of the paper shield issues?

startselect3 likes this.