1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

Absolutely ridiculous, EJ, absolutely ridiculous. You might as well just get jabbed five times without even doing anything, and that whole "shield stuns jabbers" is either too little of a time for a stun or is just plain tom foolery
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2014 ---
    Are you implying I like that garbage? I mean it's so ridiculously unf****nbalanced you people of a dark complexion should be ashamed.

Shit, do you guys get drunk and high when you rebalance AND post on the forums?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i agree it could be tweaked a bit, but it still works pretty well already.

3. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah I still can't get over the fact that it's like KAG meets Barbie's Floating Happy Fun Time But Borked Physics Adventure

do you bros even know what classic is anymore
    would suggest a quick playthrough as there is no WALL KICKS WILL WORK, no GRAPPLING HOOK, no FLOATING AROUND IN ECSTASY

oh and the doors, like I felt before when I played beta for free, are most gay
    why are you guys spending time animating fancy doors when the PHYSICS ARE FROM THE MOON!?

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Harmony don't you know there's a way to get your point across without bitching about everything? Geeze you swear every other word and act like we should all listen to your ideas because you're the only pro around here. Why don't you do everyone a favor and go back to classic

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Classic is finished, so it probably has more polish or at least finalisation, but the full version has far more potential.

To be frank, Classic, while it has its' charms, is clunky and awkward. It particular the fall damage and stuttered movement make it a much simpler, less improvisable game. The how-to-win strategy is a lot more formulaic, unlike Beta which has many more options and picks up on the weak points. (:archer:)

I'm not even sure what you guys arguments are. Did you just see people raging about the new build and decide to join the fray as a troll? Classic vs Release arguments should really be kept to another part of the forum.

Also, @Harmony Knights OP? Have you even been an archer in classic?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    PinXviiN likes this.
  6. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

ok, that last part is very true and i agree. but what im saying is repeated jab spamming is just annoying (people who only jab but rarely slash).
    that exactly why im saying it, if i didnt hate it why would i post it -__- and you say im edgy and tell me to state real facts cause you have no argument, and no one, not even you have been stating facts at all, this conversation has been about what you think about jabbing which is filled with opinions, please don't look like a hypocrite and find a single fact that you have stated

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

1) builders rush to help their teams more often now
    2) players use teamwork more often now
    3) shields stun jabbers and apparently nobody knows how to use it

here's a few i've used, hf.

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'll add to this thread and say that I consistently make arrow ladders for my team now and they love it. The only thing is when they don't use them it makes me mad that I've wasted arrows.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

>wasted
    >free 30 arrows per life
    >more cost almost nothing at shop
    >even more just lying on the ground dropped by other dead archers
    >mfw "wasted"

10. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I see you have the issue of being a "bad" archer, where you don't survive long enough to put those arrows to use. And yes, running around trying to scavenge arrows and going back to your base are viable options, but takes you away from the frontline and weakens your team. Thank you for your constructive post.

11. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Calm down, bro. No need to lash out at someone and call them a bad player just because they made a valid point.

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Idk, Imma have to side with Anonymuse on this one. Considering I'll often go into battle with, in addition to some special ammo, 3x stacks of normal arrows (2 in my inventory, one held in hands) and still find myself running out on a regular basis; I'd say that "wasting" 30 out of my 90 arrows is justifiably annoying/frustrating.

Tbh, I think running out of ammo (and it being too far back to base) is probably my main cause of death when playing archer-- either I'm scavenging ammo and don't see a bomb coming, or I get killed while monkeying around like a loon trying to draw enemy fire.

DatNobby, Anonymuse and samuelhuds2 like this.
  13. samuelhuds2

samuelhuds2 Catapult Fodder

And people say archer requires no skill... now they shall see the truth!
    P.S: I would like to take the time to ask you all to add #Blame Amin or #Blamin to your posts, also I know people hate hashtags, so do I, just post Blame Amin if you must.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Who is "Amin", and why are you bringing them into a patch/balance thread? :huh?:

Wait, no, don't answer that here. Post your explanation on your profile and people who are interested can go check there. :right:

15. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

There's your problem. If you're holding five arrows in your hand you'll lose five from your inventory (and one from your hand) every time you shoot. If you're holding ten arrows, you'll lose ten, and so on.

Edit: If anything, the fact that you haven't been immediately running out of arrows while doing this is a testament to how hard it is to walk across mid without accidentally picking up a shit-ton of arrows. Poorly thought out tack-on is poorly thought out. You effectively only have the arrows in your hand, and any arrows you auto-pick up in mid are getting randomly destroyed (by the arrows in your hand) before you use them.

When you aren't destroying all the arrows in mid it's impossible to run out. Your inventory gets so jammed full of them that you have to manually throw a stack out whenever you want to loot special arrows.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Rayne likes this.
  16. FuzzyBlueBaron

Really? Damn, that's really and truly a hideous, hideous bug. :huh?:

GERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!...........

17. samuelhuds2

samuelhuds2 Catapult Fodder

I get you need to administrate and all, but did you have to put it so bluntly? Just because you and I didn't communicate directly it doesn't mean you have to be rude ;p

18. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Nou, @FuzzyBlueBaron is the goodmin, He's the kind one!
    Your lucky that this wasn't any other admin, [Some of 'em can be strict :::(:] But nah, FBB is a warm,caring,benign and kind philanthropic from what I hear and also from what I know ::):.

Noburu likes this.
  19. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I noticed this bug when you're digging as builder and encounter enemy blocks, you can't hit them if there's 1 team mate in the same position as you.

Verzuvius and Anonymuse like this.
  20. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler