1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mines

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PUNK123, Aug 25, 2014.

?

should mines explodes when shot with arrows

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. no one cares

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

changes for the mines should be reverted so they explode on impact with arrows like the last build

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Hell no, Mines are strong enough as is, giving a surefire method to blow from a distance would be too much.

Besides that, not every class should be able to deal with any kind of problem.

Tern and Ej like this.
  3. PUNK123

at the very least arrows should be able to explode mines in tdm

4. The game is currently in favor of archers, we don't need more of that

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I think the point of it being removed was so that archers can't grief their own team/base?

6. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

Is this in regards to team mines or enemy mines? AFAIK Enemy mines will detonate with shot arrows (haven't played much 1215 though)

7. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I noticed that enemy mines can't be shot anymore. I liked the old mechanic more, and would love to blow up knights with their own mines once again.

No team mines, of course.

8. I agree I did like it when you could kill the other team with their team mines.

9. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'd personally like it if arrows could just nudge mines a little... no damage, just to get them out of the way.

PinXviiN likes this.
  10. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

I've asked around, and apparently the thing where you can't shoot enemy mines wasn't supposed to happen. No idea if this is true, of course, but I personally liked being able to deal with mines as an archer somewhat - now you can't do anything about an enemy mine.

11. PUNK123

i had asked geti about it on frisson's map and he told me it was an accident but he liked it

he said i could start a community poll if i wanted to change so i did

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

The old way was good, where you could shoot enemy arrows.
    Pretty sure you could never set off friendly mines with arrows before, so I don't know what people are getting on about.
    Also, please edit the first post so people don't come in and go "Archer buff, NOPE".

13. PUNK123

how is it now?

14. At this moment the only things that will set off a mine are the opposite team bodies or the the opposite teamplayer

15. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

It like the idea of arrows blowing up mines Enemy mines. It acts as if an archer can defuse mines.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  16. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you could shoot mines and blow them up, that would add a whole lot more teamwork into the mix.
    You could have the knights back up while you shot all the mines, so that the mines will do do some damage, or you could shoot enemy mines while enemies are placing them, essentially blowing up multiple people.

17. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Apart from the subject of arrows > mines, sticky mines would be interesting. Perhaps as a mod.

kodysch likes this.
  18. PUNK123

that inst what this thread is for....

dont hijack my stuff....

19. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Of course. I'm not sure why the removed the ability to shoot enemy mines in the first place.

20. this poll is stupid because it doesnt say anything about whether you mean enemy arrows or friendly arrows

Dargona1018 and 101i like this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.