1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG community tournament!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Humblar_Tabulu, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

May move the date up a month, depending on if we can get things done (set up the map, square away servers and rules, etc.)

2. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Couldn't you just press tab to see the enemy's class?

The-Cub likes this.
  3. Humblar_Tabulu

Don't worry, @makmoud98 is taking care of a lot of these issues.

4. @Humblar_Tabulu

Rules:
    1. Each Player will start with 100 coins
    2. No more than ONE water bomb or arrow
    3. No Burgers
    4. Best out of 9 for every match

Message me if you have more thoughts anyone

5. Humblar_Tabulu

I'll just reply on here, so everyone can put their thoughts in.

I don't think it'll be fair for knights to have any sort of bomb, due to the close vicinity of the arena. (They're already OP in a tight space, no need to make them even more unbalanced)

Archers should get a water arrow no matter what.

There's not much you can do with coins (that would be fair), except buy water bombs. That being said, a small stone mat will spawn at storage (enough for a spike drop), and same with a boulder (if a builder spawns in that is, if @makmoud98 is able to code this).

I think 9 matches would take a little too long, but if there is a lack of players signing up, then maybe we will extend it to 5 rounds each.

And of course, NO BURGERS!:food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food::food:

6. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Yeah, I don't recommend going any longer than best 3 of 5, but definitely don't do single elimination.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Well I'm not gonna lie A good archer is invincible to any Knight without a bomb so long as they have an area to run around in

So if you're having archer vs knight
    Without coins then I'm not sure of what's going to happen with that

Everything else is fairly reasonable

8. Humblar_Tabulu

Well, take a look at the arena I've provided...

There isn't much of an area to run around in. It's a contest of skill and consistency, with extras at-hand at the bare minimum.

This part is still open to debate, but the argument is pretty much going to be like this: Knight user "We need bombs or it's not fair!", Archer user "Don't give him bombs or it's not fair!"

So, I'm thinking more along the lines of no bombs, but like I said, this part is still open to discussion.

9. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

>builder vs. knight
    what :l

Humblar_Tabulu likes this.
  10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

love this guy

11. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You're going to test the map out before the tournament, though. Right? I feel like the bomb vs. no bomb issue could be cleared up then.

12. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I think no bombs should just be a given, because, really, regardless of the arena...no archer can run from a trained knight with a bomb. Surely?

Also, vertical arena :|

The-Cub likes this.
  13. Depends how well the map is made

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just popping in to say: any battle builder worth their salt could completely rekt any non-builder in an arena where there's sufficient access to materials + means to stop knights/archers from bullrushing them. Will require careful thought to make a map that stops builders from either being OP or the suicide choice. :wink:

startselect3, Noburu and Guro like this.
  15. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Can't wait to see the spike drops/collapses! ::P:

startselect3 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

archer gets a water arrow
    knight gets a bomb
    problem solved

startselect3 likes this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Maybe, maybe not.

I can totally envision a map where sufficient resource restrictions weren't placed on builders and they wind up entombing their opponent knight/archer in stone before building a colossal penis tower overhead to collapse upon their helpless captive. :r_flex:78787878:bird:

startselect3 likes this.
  18. Humblar_Tabulu

@Kububv Yes, OFC we are going to test it first, work out the bugs, test it again and yadda yadda so on and so forth. Have to make sure to balance the arena perfectly! Who knows, maybe arena mode could be implemented into the game eventually, depending on how this goes! Eh-hem *cough* @Geti *cough cough*.

@FuzzyBlueBaron Yeah, we've thought of this, and builder is going to have access to LIMITED supplies. If you're a battle builder, you better be damn good and precise with that boulder or that spike drop, because if not, you're going to pickaxing those stone blocks 30 friggin times to get another spike

@DatNobby Archers are going to get a water arrow no matter what, and I don't think knights are going to get ANY extras... We'll see though.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2014 ---

Hehe...

You said penis...

::P:

19. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Strathos nuff said

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Why is the room that small?