1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf / Remove Boulders

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by DooMAD, Sep 10, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Well momentum slashes would assist in breaking boulders

Now you can only hitting a split second before it kills you, and that's if it's about to break

Dargona1018 likes this.
  2. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Yes please!

Also Darg, you said "unrealistic" a few times. Shield gliding and a lot of other features aren't realistic. If you're looking for realism in KAG, you're going to have to look hard.

Fernegulus likes this.
  3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yes, I know, but as I sort of explained away in the other post before, the others make a tad bit of sense, whereas dropping a rock on someone from about, oh, less than a pixel away (in all directions, not just down or to the side) is illogical, whether it be real world logic, or game logic.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  4. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah ffs boulders do need a nerf but why would you remove them completely. They should be somehow made a builder only weapon imho. I have nothing against getting smashed by a boulder thrown by a builder of a high tower, that's perfectly fair for me. Just archers carrying stones bigger than themselves, waterarrowing their way into eternal happiness and throwing boulders on 3 people at a time... No. Fuck you. No. However fun that is, no. It's like rape - only one side is enjoying. Also I got smashed by a boulder thrown from BELOW me ffs. wow geti fix that br0ken gaem

Anonymuse likes this.
  5. Dargona1018

@Anonymuse you gotta see this
    You are just angry that you got rekt by Anon..
    But yea, Boulders are pretty bullshit-y when it comes to physics, like being able to get killed by a boulder thrown under you..

Anonymuse likes this.
  6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Lol anon didn't even rek me lol i pwnd him all the time, I started even wondering who is this guy that I get +1ing so much... Turned out to be this dude.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

mfw

I only do it so more people complain about it and it gets fixed. But no one on the dev team has responded about water arrows being far too OP (beyond belief if you ask me) as well as boulders being a giant clusterfuck. Both need to be severely nerfed, but until then, get your salty tears ready everyone.
    :QQ:

8. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah it works in my country I kept killing people so it could get illegal... Now it's a crime.

Malitha, Anonymuse and Dargona1018 like this.
  9. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

I wouldn't mind boulders to be builder only! Thats a pretty fair nerf! :kappa:

Fernegulus likes this.
  10. Doesn't change the boulder physics
    Still needs a lil bit of fixing

11. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Why change the physics if only builders use em just throw a bomb their way and there done.

12. Dargona1018

- Don't have a bomb
    - Getting in close quarters is impossible with a one-touch kill from any direction
    - I am archer
    - I am builder
    - I am knight
    - I am playing King Arthur's Gold
    -Someone is using a boulder

There are plenty of exceptions that aren't fair, so your point is invalid.
    The physics do need an overhaul.

13. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Don't have a bomb? Time your slash! Or run to a wall or a high point and jump on me. rarely do i get an upwards boulder kill, those are hard to do.
    Close Quarters are not impossible if you mean close quarters such as a flag room just slash and jab and wall jump everywhere thats a rape unless I boulder you from a hole in the roof.
    You're an archer? Climb a tree dont see a tree? Grapple backwards shoot an arrow grapple backwards some more than repeat.
    You are builder? Unless you got a boulder or a drill. retreat.
    You are knight? Dont be a cheap guy buy a bomb or like I said : Time your slash if you can't do that run back to a wall or a high point and jump on me. rarely do I get an upwards boulder kill those are hard to do.
    You're playing King Arthurs Gold? False your complaining on the forums.
    Someone is using a boulder? Good for them they like to try more challenging things then run up, jab spam, leave.

14. Dargona1018

You have obviously never met someone that has used a boulder "successfully" before, if you can even call it that.
    - Almost impossible because, even with momentum, the boulder gets released and you will die immediatly.
    - Yet again, but now the builder can have higher/lower ground, able to manipulate you, or just throw it to the side and kill you. Sure, if you get above it's not that hard, but with the most recent knight nerfs, you barely get air.
    - Archers are cocky, even if they suck, and they are gonna get up close and personal with you, or suck at aiming from afar.
    - That is quite true, as it is certain death for Builders (and most knights and most archers)
    - Complaining about one of the most broken things about the game, a boulder, lightly tossed less than an inch, can kill anyone instantly, whether they be sideways, above, below, etc, isn't exactly complaining. More like, oh, trying to get the game to a decently playable level with all mechanics.
    - I admit, not everyone can wield a boulder, but the learning curve is like that of a builder; done within a couple minutes. And, as said, it is mostly unavoidable going hand-to-hand with a boulder that can kill you in less than a second.

15. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I love boulders but it would be nice to see one hit kills require more speed. It reminds me of the ballista before it's nerf to the attack speed. I feel like many people didn't notice how powerful they were at first.

16. It's not just boulder haters, Jig somewhat agrees too,

The boulders are completely ridiculous, their is a difference between using it and having it used on you

Dargona1018 likes this.
  17. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

It has been used on me alot. People sometimes take my boulder and rape me. One match jig raped me with his boulder. And anon and his water bombs get me everytime. But instead of raging yelling "thats overpowered! nerf that instantly!" I try and gain a skill to dodge and avoid his shenanigans.

Also this is the major over powered boulder + builder combo you guys are saying As you can see a lot of the times it looks like a kill but no it either gets destroyed or I get raped.

Corpsey and Fernegulus like this.
  18. Dargona1018

This truly doesn't prove anything.

We are not talking about when someone misses with the boulder or gets killed while holding it, we are talking about the kills themselves. Being able to drop/throw a boulder less than about a scale-inch or so and insta-gib if you DON'T miss (which is pretty avoidable AKA moving your cursor), is absolutely ridiculous.

Just because you destroy people with boulders doesn't mean that you need to defend a broken thing like the Boulder's physics.

19. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'd say it does prove a point. I think we could agree that @dinotree is one of the best boulder slinging builders out there, and when he shows a failtage about how many times it doesn't work it illustrates the difficulty and risk involved in pulling it off. So when something that requires skill and buffs an underpowered class people think it should be removed? Not to mention that it breaks easily, and costs the builder in carry weight and resources.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    dinotree and Malitha like this.
  20. it's not like boulders are builder exclusive though

unless I'm missing something

Mods: Rainbows