1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rage Quitting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, May 10, 2014.

?

Do you Rage Quit?

1. Yes.

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No.

26 vote(s)
    24.8%
  3. Sometimes.

35 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. wat is rage quit

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. I'm practically Arcrave

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was meaning "Steam plebs" as the ones from the sales, as I blatantly said.
    Didn't mean for it to offend people since I also played it from Steam (had it since Alpha, forgot about it, then remembered when it came onto Steam).

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

guess i did go too far but i stand by what i said "steam plebs" are you majority of the playerbase

3. samuelhuds2

samuelhuds2 Catapult Fodder

I I I, I am a butterfly, I need your protection!, Be my samurai!

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Where's @Yagger with one of his gifs...

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

i rqd for a year.. hi guys

7. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

People probably step into a server for the first time and get recked so much they leave before the month is out.
    Not proposing a nub only server because it would become a torture chamber once the pro players get on.
    I think we just gotta accept that a hard game as KAG will only retain its hardcore playerbase alongside players who stuck around long enough to get good at the game.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Speaking of a newb server, what about a server that automatically connects anyone with less than a month of playtime, but you have to have less than a month to join?

9. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

You could separate it up like that i guess, but i'd imagine that you'd have to ensure we didn't end up with any redundant servers and there was a means of tracking the time played in KAG.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The devs already track time-played with the mod auto-changing to "All on". It should be possible.

11. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

I'm wondering what sort of structure we would have for playtime based servers, I can see that there would probably be some beginner servers for maybe 0-2 months? and then we'd probably have just the traditional servers as we have them now unless jumping from playing against 1-2 monthers to pro players might be too much of a difficulty wall.

Although along that line of reasoning, new players might be at a disadvantage due to lack of exposure to pro players and tactics

EDIT: Although then again traditional servers would be always open so "training" servers might be a good paddling pool for newbies

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That's not important. After spending two months with other newbs, if they last playing that long (Btw it should probably be 100 hours of playtime servers, or maybe it can be 50 hours, something so they have a net to go under that pros can't join and that auto-join will automatically connect them to if they fit the criteria) then they will have learned many basic mechanics, had fun, not been exposed immediately to this cancerous community, and maybe even developed some cool tactics. These newb servers could also be all about putting reminders of tutorials on steam and on the main forums so they can learn how to play more efficiently.

Warcrime likes this.
  13. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

25 people are liers

DragonShark and Dargona1018 like this.