1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1215] Spacebar item for archers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Sep 1, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Give give give give give give give

In all seriousness though, yeah, I've been asking for something like a dodge maneuver ever since the Legolas shot was introduced, encouraging Archers to pick a fight at melee range.

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Unless you're holding something. Even then, if you hold F a bit too long, no switch. And then sometimes it just... doesn't switch anyway. I still think spacebar for special arrows would be far more convenient, but it might be a bit tricky for newbies to figure that out.

This thread wasn't even posted in s&i, it seems kind of odd to move a thread and then lock it for rules it wasn't breaking in the first place, although it is a suggestion thread (I guess?). Where else do we put threads for this sort of brainstorming? The "small changes" thread was posted in general discussion and didn't get moved.

I don't think we should encourage archers to fight at melee, because knights should pretty much win in melee. It'd be better to have them at a sort of medium range, where they're not sitting on towers, but not really in melee range either. Maybe that's what you meant, though.

The roll might be nice. If it doesn't dodge damage then it could be used to dodge arrows at least, which could make archer duels more interesting.

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

At first this thread was on Class/Mechanics. Ej moved it. Don't be mad on us creative poor happy souls.

4. more like "let me repost this same idea for the 9th time"

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I've wanted archer rolling since 2011. If we want archers to ever be a seriously viable choice, giving them some defense against bombs is first priority. That said I think pressing crouch while running is a much better command for rolling, though that still doesn't give archers something to use spacebar for.

If I had designed the class I would have given them explosive and incendiary satchels instead of special arrows. This would make archer require a lot more skill and less "lol I had a bunch of bomb arrows, your huge tower gets instantly destroyed". This would give the archer more reason to use all their awesome mobility options instead of hanging back and spamming. It would also reduce complaints and allow them to make the archer's tools both more available and more potent as they would require skill to be used. These would of course be accessed with spacebar.

DatNobby and kodysch like this.
  6. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I second for what it's worth.

7. try rmb

norill, Anonymuse, Malitha and 3 others like this.
  8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The original legolas was removed from the game for a reason but I think it'd be cool to have space bar be able to switch between shotgun and original

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Klokinator and FTWLAMA like this.
  9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

bombs are faster than twinks

10. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

I just C to pick up and throw back I've gotten some funny kills from that. You can also shoot them back. Lastly you an pick up and hold changing possession and it will not count as their kill.

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Love the idea of satchels. And Rolling MUST BE ADDED IN GAME

12. No.

Mods: Rainbows