1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I've tested the build on medium sized servers but I could see how this could be an issue when there are a lot more archers

2. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Love everything about this update. Except tunnels. This should happen:
    Edit: What Klok said! \/ Except I think stalemates are the best.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Klokinator likes this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm not usually one to complain but, I have to say, every match I've played since the last update, and especially this one, has been a stalemate match. I like the balancing updates in theory, but some of these universal nerfs are extremely annoying, like not having the high wallclimb we used to. We need to have the wallclimb height from two builds ago back. Knights have very little mobility now.

Also, I get what shield ladder is supposed to do, but now when I carefully fall off a ledge and onto a tiny outcropping where a teammate is below, if they happen to shield up just before I land on them, and especially if they angle shield upwards, I slide right off and fall to the ground/pit below. I dunno, it just gets annoying.

4. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Coming from a decent archer this build lowers the skill requirement to play archer. The fire and forget three arrow is being spammed like mad and is even quicker to shoot of than the old Legolas. Hopping from foxhole to foxhole and charging up a shot to randomly shoot. The old version of the Legolas required skill to aim, but this new version is just a gimme for nubs who can't aim or just spray and pray hoping for the best. Still people are going to camp and I don't think that can ever be solved unless buildings collapsed of old age. So this in my opinion is just makes archers just as spammy than before granting insta-kills on archers and builders even if your ability to aim sucks. Three hurrays for the handicapped archer buff.

FTWLAMA
    Lamanamanumi (steam name ingame)

The-Cub likes this.
  5. TheDirtySwine

It takes less skill but it's a lot more fun and gives archers a greater advantage in close quarters where they lacked before.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

After playing a number of matches... I can safely say I dislike the new spray shot for all the reason longcatname above listed. It takes no skill, unlike a charged knight dual strike. You just hop up, spray, pop back in, free artillery cannons making it impossible for builders/other archers to get close enough to deal damage to enemy encampments.

Keeping in mind I have very little negative things to say about most builds, I really am finding this build to be Ultimate Stalemate Build. Also TDM is infested with archers now. Knights literally have no recourse. This might just be worse than archers stunning knight shields back in build 200 or whatever.

The-Cub and Medieval like this.
  7. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

It takes the fun away from learning how to increase your skill. Close range now is just silly it doesn't require any thought just charge,shoot, charge, shoot, rinse repeat. For close quarters it cripples fighting more than one person and doesn't allow to fight knights a little ways away due to the fact the top arrow or bottom arrow or sometimes both will not hit the shield. I could knights at close range before this well anyway.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2014 ---
    Right back atcha klokinator if you remember me. I've played archer since day one of playing this game giving a easy way out to situation is is silly. This lowers the skill level needed as I stated before.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2014 ---
    Also how is Lamanamanumi a cat name??
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2014 ---
    "The original legolas was removes from the game for a reason but I think it'd be cool to have space bar be able to switch between shotgun and original"
    Quote TheDirtySwine

8. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Since I can't check it out atm, what is a archer "shotgun"? Are all the shots at once, or it the same as before?

9. TheDirtySwine

It shoots shots in all directions (down straight and up) all at the same time

10. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Check out my post on announcements it's all in once in a cone noobie and spammy as hell.
    ^
    /
    /
    ------>
    \
    \
    V

11. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

so it all shoots out at once...:huh?: And also if this is true, there would be a huge drop in the skill level of archers. Now they can run up shotgun, and run away. Furthermore, this may lead to more archer camping since they can fire all at once.

PanduhsFTW and Fuzzle like this.
  12. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Just like I said, see I am not crazy. Mauahahah!

13. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Don't know if intentional or not but:
    If im builder and I place a stone block once I pickaxe a stone block I dont get the normal 1 stone back?
    On purpose or no

franek123 likes this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

We know about this and will most likely fix asap :)

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Loving this update. Shotgun tripleshot and arrow ladders in any block? Two little changes that made a HUGE difference, and definitely for the better.

16. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Useful only for wood. ::P: Well, I personally will be unlikely to use it for stone, because if it costs a full block to repair it, then it's cheaper to dig it out THEN replace it.

Of course, exclusions apply, such as being swarmed by the enemy team. I will gladly waste a bit of stone for a covered flag, there.

17. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Told it already. The most logic would be dinghies, boats, lanterns, hearts and materials.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The TDM one is a problem, yeah. But just give knights one bomb at spawn and it's fixed.

Sure archer skill ceiling is smaller now, but this game was never MLG and we made the mistake of trying to push it as such so often.

Noburu likes this.
  19. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Taking away the need to learn precision and aiming takes away the fun for me hands down.

The-Cub, Klokinator and Fuzzle like this.
  20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Archers already had a fairly low skill ceiling, the only hard part being learning to aim, accounting for gravity, etc. That's what all games with a sniper class have as that class's skill ceiling though, and said ceiling is non existent. Hell, might as well have auto-lockon homing single shot too if reducing skill is what you're aiming for.