1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

i would rather it go back to 1-2-3 shots not 123 dead builder

2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Or timing :D

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This is a buff to archers, wtf are you scrubs on about

The-Cub likes this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It seems to me that wether the new triple shot is a buff or a nerf is all up to personal opinion.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  5. I think we can all agree overcharge is just awful :^)

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This is not a buff nor a nerf.
    Did you already test? Shotgunning a sheilding knight does not work as far I tried - he lost ZERO heart, while he would have lost 2 hearts if done properly on the previous build.
    If he isn't sheilding, he will lose 3 hearts - I agree it's quite much but it's exactly the same as in the previous build.

Edit : If shotgunning a sheilding knight deals damage, then just remove this and everything is balanced

7. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

Pretty sure hitting a shielding knight deals 2 hearts - maybe you missed 2?

On another note, why does shotgun (and previously legolas) sometimes shoot on release of LMB and sometimes when pushing it in again? It was a minor thing for legolas since you'd shoot multiple times anyway, but when you need to shoot all 3 at a specific time, it is incredibly irritating and can cause a lot of unjust deaths.

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I've never had this issue before, you sure it's not your mouse?

9. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I've had something similar where I went to shoot a knight cuz I was in cqc and I didn't shoot for whatever reason... it was very frustrating to say the least.

10. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

The new shotgun charge for archers is essentially exactly the same as the old one in terms of damage. If you shotgun a shielding knight close enough to where it will KB the knight, the shield will go down and the knight will take 2 damage. If no shield is up, the knight will take 3 damage. The KB intensity depends on how close the knight is and how many arrows hit.

11. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Like Geti said and I predicted this spamgun will result in a nerf of the archer.....BRING BACK LEGOLAS!

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I just want to toss this idea out to the devs for archers, but how possible would it be to add a special arrow that if shot at opened doors (you know, those builders, knights, or archers standing in the doorway) in which if shot at, it leaves the door open for the enemy to rush in soon after, and then the arrow breaks about a few seconds later?

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

or just shoot at enemies standing in door and kill to keep it open?? we dont need more BS special effects w/ the archer.

Apronymous, Auburn and The-Cub like this.
  14. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Someone today gave me a good idea. Make it optional or swappble.

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I'd really like some increase to the shield arc. :/

Anyways, the beauty, and problem of shotgunning is that it it makes overcharge mauling all the more easy, but hey, now the archers can volley more effectively, and can land maulings with more efficacy.
    Honestly, I really hate how archers can more or less lock a flat lands, easily.

And when it comes to the efficiency of the shotgun overcharge? It makes it easier to simply spam it; no need to aim (hold-release, no other thought); you have a greater chance of hitting something with the spread (If you miss with one arrow, the others can still hit!), and with the enforced spread, you can easily figure out what would happen if you overshot or undershot your mark.

16. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It's sad.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    FTWLAMA likes this.
  17. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Ya I only play archer and builder, and the frequency of the shot gunning is crazy. I liked Legolas because you could aim each arrow and get that one shot after testing with one or two. Furthermore the not being able to aim your own three shots encourages spam. Like I said above it'll be nerfed and take away the good skill needing Legolas and add just a nooby disintegrating arrow shooter mechanic for the spamgun. Sigh.....time to learn another class that wasn't nuked (builder). Honestly though the devs must have had a reason, though it does not solve spam and makes CQC with knights worse. Still if you could somehow switch between the Legolas and spamgun it would appease many of the players knight, archer, and builder. I wish we took a vote on this like drills.

Lamanamanumi
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 4, 2014 ---
    Yep, Geti forbid this becomes an ace of spades or guncraft, two games with great potential ruined by bonkers changes.

18. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

That's a rich statement coming from a person who didn't even give the last build over 24 hours to play before announcing he was leaving, please do follow his lead though Fuzzle I'm sure we'd be all so glad to see your ignorant comments go! :rollseyes:

Auburn and NinjaCell like this.
  19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I will say that I do like that they're trying different stuff. TBH I'd rather have KAG be a different kind of broken every week than the same balanced thing forever.

edit: I just played a few rounds and I've got to say, I really like the new shotgun blast. Makes archers almost slightly scary as if you're not paying attention you could get dicked for 3 damage. I think it just feels better too- the legolas shot was really weird and unintuitive for a lot of players what with the having to tap 3 times.

20. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

It's little tweaks and changes that make sense are fun. This does the very opposite of what it intends to do.