1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other Material Reskin

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Duke_Jordan, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Fuzzle and FlamingDragon96 like this.
  2. Definitely prefer these older sprites. I'm not sure why they stuck with the current ones.

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  3. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

On Materials.png you accidentally slashed through the water arrows cluster, and there are also semitransparent pixels on the wood sprite (only the one on each bottom right corner)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  4. Duke_Jordan

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Damn, Noted. I plan to revise this tomorrow and or soon at some point so i'll fix that, Sorry! :(

5. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

Other than those though, they're good sprites. I'm kind of using a mashup of the old wood and stone with the new gold (just a preference because I think it looks weird to pull smelted-looking gold out of the ground). To be honest, I darkened the wood too, just because I'm so familiar with the new sprites.

:thumbs_up: fun stuff

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  6. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

7. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I absolutely love these. Although, I think there is something about the wood being a little too "spacey" for lack of a better word. Very nice work!

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  8. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

He could be learning to sprite, and imitation is the easiest way to start. By discouraging it, you're only hindering some content that may be released by this individual. For instance, today it's a sprite rip that a couple people use - in time he could make a sprite sheet that a lot of people use, and by discouraging it, it will just make him not want to release it for the community's use.

On a side note, you should probably do a little more research before you call people out on blatant rips. For example, do you know for sure that Jakard is the original creator of the material sprites? :P

norill, Duke_Jordan and 101i like this.
  9. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

You might be too new to know this out of the blue but the picture SpideY is using is very old artwork (don't remember who made it or if it even was SpideY), but many have used it. Also, I believe Jackard did not make the sprites but I do know that all the sprites here (except for the bottom row) were made by Duke. Don't accuse people of stealing sprites when you don't know who made them.

10. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

This is not "imitation", this is "copy/paste".
    I can't accept that this man says he's the original creator. Even he is learning to sprite, he must tell the truth.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 5, 2014 ---
    SpideY's avatar was made especially for him by xyaojin67.

11. FlamingDragon96

He never said he made the sprites, he says that one of the game devs (Geti) made it but was never used (which has happened countless times). Heck you can go into the kag folder and find tons of sprites that have no use since they were either from older builds or just never implemented.

The only sprites that were copy/pasted were the bottom row, the rest were made by him so they would have the lesser amounts of resources.

12. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

I'm sorry. I did not understand his message in that way.

norill and FlamingDragon96 like this.
  13. FlamingDragon96

Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us.

StarskyGianni likes this.
  14. Duke_Jordan

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

@StarskyGianni

Surely you must be joking right?

Addressing what you've accused me of, I had not known that the avatar was spideys nor had I known it was custom made for him. However I took no credit in calling it my own, it's just my steam picture I see no harm in that.

Also this is not a copy+paste by any means and while the material pictures he used for his custom HUD are the same I'm using that doesn't mean I stole his. In fact geti made the sprites so both me and jackard happened to use them. Does that make jackard a thief too? :o

As flaming said only the bottom row were made by geti for materials and the images went unused I liked them so I modified them all the lesser piles of wood/gold/stone are made by me and not any type of knockoff from someone else's work.

If you plan to insult me and call me out on being a thief when I'm not even a thief to begin with you should at the very least get some facts behind it. Otherwise you end up looking like a jackass. I don't appreciate any of what you said and hope this is resolved now.

15. starsky just got rekt

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  16. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

At least, this kind of topic reveals how old are some people on that forums.

Rayne likes this.
  17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.