1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

120 regular arrows = no (real) fun

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Sep 7, 2014.

?

Add this feature?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

This is pretty neat, although sometimes I could see this getting annoying - when I'm arching without Special Arrows, I usually go to carry as much as I can - as I deplete my arrow count pretty quickly. Although when I DO want special arrows, I wouldn't mind a limit to how many regular arrows I pick up. Although I'll say that the current system's good enough already - I'd probably find NOT getting arrows more annoying than actually picking them up, no matter the arrow.

DatNobby likes this.
  2. This would be pretty neat. It's a minor annoyance for me, and it would be great if we'd be able to turn it on/off!

3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Great idea im in!

4. i discussed it with geti and we decided that a simple solution like not auto picking arrows above 60 will solve the problem in 99% of cases, so at least for now i will use it.

5. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So we'll see this in the next update?

Verzuvius likes this.
  6. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

I hope not:(

7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

when is the last time you died after using all 120 of your arrows? :>:(:

norill likes this.
  8. yellowwhy1

Oh just about every time I go archer...

9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

NOT EVERYONE IS YOU

10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Grow up and stop camp...

11. This is both ridiculous and false, I don't care what you say. Let's say 1/3 of your arrows miss your target, 1/3 of them are blocked by a shield, and 1/3 of them hit your target. Even at this rate of accuracy you'd be getting ~10 knight kills per 1 of your deaths without teammate support. If you did have support from friendly knights, enemies would shield minimally and thus get hit by 2/3 of your arrows instead. Yes your teammates may steal some kills but you will steal just as many (if not more) as an archer. So in most cases you'd be racking in a solid 10 kills per 1 death like I said before. If this happens 'just about every time you go archer', you would have both a much higher score than most knights. So what you're trying to tell be is that you are one of the best if not the best archer in KAG yet I have never heard of you in my 6 months of playing this game nor have any clans recognized your ability. This doesn't include the factor of you constantly refilling your arrow supply as you walk over corpses. But you still run out of your 120+ arrows mid-battle and die because of it eh? Bullshit.

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

archer vs archer combat, overall missing vs knight ect not everyone has aim dont be assumptive; he never said he had skill or all his arrows hit their mark

13. So instead of complaining about the lack of arrows he should just learn to player archer effectively..

14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Really if you run out of arrows you just pick up the closest ones you can find, and after a few seconds you have your quiver full again.

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, auto pick-up isn't needed above 60, especially in crucial moments like when you are in the enemy base and trying to buy a bomb arrow. Spare arrows can be picked up on the field in huge quantities, but spec arrows are often guarded in hard to reach areas. As well as the fact that there are much less of them. Not having arrows, means you might die once, but loss of specs might cost you the game.

16. yellowwhy1

You are right, I don't have a 10 to 1 k/d...but you refuse to realise that I often make arrow ladders that can take 5-6 per knight let's say 3 Knights need over a wall that's 15 arrows each time they want over... Let's say they want over 3 times... 45 arrows that allready is 37% of my arrow supply with no kills. so now I have 75 arrows... And your math of 2/3 of arrows wasted by missing or shields I have so I lost 50 arrows and 25 arrows left, that is 6 knight kills to one death, but that still is higher than my 2 to 1 but you forget those other 3 Knights could steal kills so let's say I get a knight to one heart 6 times it's reasonable to say that 4 times a someone else would come along and finish the Knights off, but as you would say I'm full of bullshit...

17. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well whatever mate I'm pretty sure all you're saying is bullshit, but if you're really convinced about your logic, just try to be a better archer.
    For example, don't fire every charged up arrow, use rightclick. Also run around looking for arrows. If you see you're running out of them try to do something good for your team without them, and after doing so (baiting some knight horde away for example, or just spreading it out) die and respawn with a full 30. Also, don't overuse shotguns. Sometimes a well placed single shot is way more effective, dealing the same damage (especially when sniping) with a 67% lower arrow cost. Also, pick up the arrows stuck in the ground shot by noob enemy archers.

18. I'm just letting you know that I play archer on a regular basis and have never had a shortage of arrows. I make arrow ladders, etc. too and still haven't had any issues.

Dargona1018, Fernegulus and DatNobby like this.
  19. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah, same.

20. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, anyway, since this thread is now all about yellowwhy doing bullshit things and then him trying to bullshit his way outta doing bullshit things, I think that the best thing that could happen would be some confirmation.

If we can get confirmation, this thread can get closed and we can all be happy.
    @norill

icemusher, Verzuvius, kodysch and 3 others like this.
Mods: Rainbows