1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Potential bugs with multiple players from a single IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixito, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

Not sure if this is the proper section for this thread, but it's not really something I need "Help!" with, and there's not really a bug section, and I'm assuming that all this is bugs.

So in my house we have 3 people who play from the same IP, and all three of us have premium accounts. We've run into two interesting issues with this:

1) Random disconnection from the server when 2 - 3 of us are on a server at the same time. It's sporatic, and occasionally happens when just one of us are playing, but far more frequent when we're all playing together on a server.

2) Only one of us can have premium on a server at a time. Whichever joins first, they get the premium. They have the gold name, and can have the custom head. When that person leaves, the second person to join suddenly gets the gold. To make it extra weird, we can all play on premium servers, and it'll show up as only the first person having gold, and the rest of us being normal players... on a premium server. :D

So yeah, I could be wrong, but I assume that this isn't how it's supposed to work. Just letting y'all know so it can potentially be fixed. Also, if there's a better or more 'official' way to report bugs, lemme know.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yeah i've been having issues like this: for example, whenever me and my housemate play kag at the same time, if he joins first and I join second, he leeches my admin and premium from me and I have nothing.

3. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

Wow. So not only is it a bug, but it's a security risk-type bug. :D Scary.

4. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

Exactly this happens to me and my friends all the time. I've mentioned it in a previous post on here but since then ive done alot of playing with some people all from the same router and it plays havoc with who has premium and who doesnt.

Also the random disconnects happens alot as well, if you rejoin quickly then the scores are kept the same but even so. bit odd.

5. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

Yeah, but if you're playing on a full server, you run the risk of losing your spot. :\ It's tolerable, but still not optimal.

6. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

i hope you can trust your brother/sister/father/protossdude/whatever with admin status

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

At first I read that as prostitute. Lol.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, me and my brother had similar things happen.
    Every now and again, he gets admin...