1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

A new shop could be some nice shiet mate
    But.... What could it sell? MHHHHH:ehh:

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You guys realize the game is "finished" (Oh god I hope for some more updates to restore balance and fix major bugs before they move on) and isn't going to get any more major additions to the content?

There are tons of mods that add shops and stuff anyway. They just need people to PLAY on the servers that host them :V

Ugh oh god I'm craving some FUN ctf in my life.

3. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

No new shit--> No new 'n' old players

Pizza likes this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

ALMOST EVERYONE WOULD BE GOLDEN :D seriously its a group of really active players and not much else

5. Well asking for another sword, bow and pick shouldn't be too terrible to add right?
    Golden weapons sound cool, black handle. sharpened to perfection
    Maybe like a career 8,000 kills for Knight
    4000 for archer
    1000 for builder

6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

should raise kills needed for knights::(:

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Or how about unlockable heads tied to achievements? There's a reason everyone believed the "kill ten sharks without dying" rumour, and it's because people want something to work for, and then get rewarded for their efforts.

Noburu likes this.
  8. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

kill arcrave with a shark ftw or kill ozminer with a ballista or kill eragon with a boulder or beat geti at his own game

9. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

10. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

• Don't multipost, the edit function is there for a reason!
    Ballista?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 24, 2014 ---
    what we need is a kill ozmuner with a ballsita achievement
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 24, 2014 ---
    its impossible though my accuracy is too gud i break ur ballsita 2 kuick5u

11. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Steam achievements would be a massive pleb magnet, Geti has said that he is interested in adding steam achievements, so I'm sure that there will be atleast some achievements before the game goes on its final steam sale.

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

i think this is the problem right here, selfish elitists who are more concerned with their own status than the health of the game. i dont play much anymore but every time i do theres always some snobby asshole (other than myself) whos talking shit to the whole server and i just cringe. this asshole is always the most experienced player on the server, and it shames me to see how our community is represented to new players.

that said, i think that gameplay related customization ala tf2 is definitely the way to go, if it's not too late. for sure the framework to set it up would probably be a lot of work but once its in place having regular item additions of +1 range -1 speed swords and such would generate a lot of hype for little effort. it would also open up a lot of monetization options, allowing the devs to maybe lower the entry cost to new players by resting on the wallets of really devoted players like us who are more than happy to give them our money.

Ej, Noburu, 101i and 4 others like this.
  13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I agree, the random custom option may be hard to balance perfectly, but the fun of KAG comes from the intense mayhem that can be caused. Loads and loads of options will outweigh the need to balance a game (as much), which to be honest, is near impossible to balance.

14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It's dead in 178 days if it remains in it's deep groove ( probably earlier ).
    84.6 / ( - 11.4 / 24 ) = 178.10

Noburu, Beef and Tern like this.
  15. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

It's quite heartbreaking to see the player base for this game go downhill. I had always hoped it would at least spark a knock off by another company or something. I love what's been happening with KAG build wise, I can't help but feel like a lot of people don't though.

I also think a lot of the problems come from the learning curve. Imagine getting this game now and learning from scratch. Not only are you going to get your ass handed to you for months but you're also going to be harassed by teammates for being unaware of what to do. I think anyone who put thought into it already understands how this happens. I think the easiest possible solution would be a player made guide to KAG, I think people would think twice about quitting if they knew what you could actually do in this game. Basically I'm thinking a guide that starts out easy and gets more advanced the more you progress. I really believe being able to learn things such as double bomb jumps, bomb jump slashes, grapple stomps, spike drops, and boulder throws in the first month of playing in an easy to find or official guide would go extremely far.

As much as I believe that's the main issue here I also think slightly better marketing on KAG would've really helped. Please don't get me wrong, the marketing worked on me but I really thought it as a game I'd be playing for a month or two orginally. However once I started getting better and got to learn the awesome things you can do in KAG I was instantly hooked. I mean come on, BOMB JUMP SLASHING !? It's so fucking awesome, honestly you could make a killer anime based on the combat in this game in my opinion. My point is people should be seeing something like @sangfroid 's montage as an advertisement to KAG. Not only are you going to highlight the addicting parts of this game but you're also going to give people goals to work to.

I don't think theres a game I've played more then KAG which is pretty fucking crazy. I've always been into gaming since I was a kid and yet I naturally want to come back to KAG nearly everyday. It's hard to stay as interested these days due to the lack of a competitive scene or fun mods. Although a boost in the player base that sticks around could fix all that. Maybe it's time for the community to contribute to the survival, at this point its going to take more then experienced players being nice in game.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    emasame, Sir_Walter, kodysch and 6 others like this.
  16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Here's an idea for marketing, make a community trailer with input from multiple people so people aren't seeing the same play style the entire time, but they still get to see awesome gameplay from experienced players. If we could get some good music for the trailer, by using either music written by a well - known group (two steps from hell comes to my mind), or if someone in the community can write some epic music, it would probably drum up some publicity

AmestriStephen, Tern and NinjaCell like this.
  17. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester

[​IMG]

Sir_Walter, Noburu, Beef and 4 others like this.
  18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

someone contact contrary that duplolas hacked his account

DatNobby, Sir_Walter, Noburu and 6 others like this.
  19. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

explain variables or gtfo

DatNobby and Anonymuse like this.
  20. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

+200 heads with premium on classic! remember!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.