1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is a small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1236]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No, because their longevity makes them OP. I would like them to be about as spammable as they used to be, but not as strong as they currently are. That, or keep their cost exactly the same as it is now, but make them much stronger, since the 50 gold cost is really really steep.

2. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Make a keg higher pickup priority than a lit bomb. Countless times I have attempted to bombjump with a keg and ended up blowing myself up and sometimes launching the keg, unlit, to the enemy team. Currently the only option is to leave the keg a little distance away from the bomb, place the lit bomb down, run and grab the keg, then make it back before the bomb explodes.

StarskyGianni and Anonymuse like this.
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Customizable pick-up priority lists.

Pharphis, Fuzzle, Tern and 3 others like this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Now that's not a bad idea at all. It just has to be user friendly

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I think making it part of the GUI would take a lot of time for the dev team, a custom .cfg file would be best since mostly only the tryhards notice/care about it at this point.

Tern, Auburn and NinjaCell like this.
  6. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

*cough cough*
    But yea, I mean, priorities are really screwed up.
    With keg-jumps, you should be able to pick up the keg, no matter what.
    After all, its at least 4x the size, and thus, you are most likely much closer to it than the bomb in any stance.

7. Right now an unlit bomb is prioritized over a lit one :X3:

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Pickup priority is not prioritized in this build guys. Does nobody read patch notes? It just goes by whatever is closest to the player, which is utterly horrible.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  9. That's flat out terrible

10. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

If it became customizable, I would like to have different options for each class. Having the same priorities as every single class would be annoying (in my opinion).

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Well, it won't be a dastical change, but it'd be nice to be able to build/dig on flag-ban areas once the flag has been captured.

Fuzzle, DatNobby, Anonymuse and 7 others like this.
  12. tru0067

This would be nice, but only if the weird bottom two blocks of back wall in the flag area got fixed. They seem to be near invincible to bombs and stuff.

13. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know if its a small change , but classic felt so precise in everything from movement to projectiles , I could get everything down to muscle memory and execute perfect maneuvers. The Kag beta or whatever its called now , everything feels floaty and random. It pretty much closed the skill gap and made it less enjoyable imo. Also bring back the void , falling out of the map was hilarious and space bridging was legit.

14. tru0067

Some of the official maps do have the void, although its only tiny areas in underground tunnels. I agree taht more maps should have it as an integral feature. I love playing on custom maps where stuff like this has been included.

15. TheDirtySwine

Add the void, Wilhelm scream, and more gibs back in. This is what made me buy classic!

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is misinformation. The patch changed it to be based on your position, yes, but that wasn't as a replacement for priority, it was a replacement for it being relative to the point in between your mouse position and your player position. The priority is (and always has been) applied as a scale on top of that (so higher priority items appear "closer" to the sorting algorithm). I'm tempted to make it 100% based on position rather than having any priority because at least then it would be predictable.
    The priority for lit explosives was raised as a response to the community explicitly saying that they wanted that in the thread griping about pickups.

Still reading these, just fyi.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh, I thought the patch notes stated it went by what was closest to you. Even if it's just a multiplier, pickup priority feels worse than it did a couple builds back. I feel like I pick up lit bombs more than lit/unlit kegs, which gets me all the time.

18. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I think the recent updates have been pretty good although I still miss the infinite wall climb for knight...

19. TheDirtySwine

Fix the shields. Shielding downwards in combat I'd useless and I sometimes feel like my own bombs will go through the shield if I'm at a certain angle. And jabs should be better at canceling slashes not full blown killing by spamming. They should do half a heart. It's like an archer half shorting does half a heart... jabs need to do the same.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Anonymuse, RogueCupcake and NinjaCell like this.
  20. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

They really do need to fix jabbing.... I was facing a noob constantly jabbing and he won because I couldn't do anything.