1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

its just one analysis it isnt fact and he isnt displaying facts he is saying if it continues in a downfall the game will die(which is true but that wont happen)

2. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

i learned so much from this topic! buzniz stuff!

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think the main thing is, as others have said, lack of publicity.
    Contacting Youtubers is not the best you can do.
    Neither is just depending on montages that will never get through these forums.
    I think that what needs to be done are:

1) Have people in the community do guides, as to show different playstyles while still showing the main consensus of what makes a teamworking one knight better than a yoloSWEG#2069 solo knight. This would discourage tactics like jab-spamming as "the kewl cidz dunt doo it".

2) An updated Trailer video, that actually shows the game instead of it's features in terribly irrelevant bits of footage, stuck together with duct-tape and a British guy's voice. I mean, you can keep that, but also add in a newer trailer, possibly just a Gameplay one.

3) The community needs to stop being douchebags.

Yea, I went there.

I have never met a group that is, as a whole, so lethal to itself. The reason you hate on the newbies is because there are none that are coming in, and so these newbs are a liability. With the way the game, and the mindset of players, being the way it is, a new person will get emotionally scarred from the screams of rage thrown at them (and their mothers(and their bundles of sticks, ya fags)) for just being new.

4) In relation with numero uno and tres, there needs to be a newb server, for all those that wish to get into the game.
    As suggested in a Free Weekend thread somewhere (too lazy to look), having some of the friendlier members go into those newer servers that are there, as to teach them, and having the more elitist (you know who you are) players can go hang in a mildly-passworded game, with it being found on the forums in a super-secret thread, hidden behind the swamp of Baurnil, and the smog of war that everyone can find.

5) Get rid of shotgun

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

As for number 4.... Someone could make like an inverted old fags mod

5. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

bring back classic = win

6. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

I blame the devs they refuse to add new features ... They have obviously given up on kag...

7. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Probably because it's a completed game. Geti still works his butt off trying to balance. I love this game even if it does have a few small problems here and there. Instead of dwelling on the past (classic) we should be focusing on the future of the current game!

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Lol, you and I were both complaining about it earlier...

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

[​IMG]

Don't even go there. Lol.

10. Saucy-Gibbon

Saucy-Gibbon Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yeah man I'm 100% behind you on this one. Imagine being able shout oh baby a triple so loud that it resonates for days

11. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

That's exactly the reason a lot of people DON'T want voice chat

PUNK123 likes this.
  12. xXx3stronk5u

xXx3stronk5u Catapult Fodder

I swear that was sarcasm, I can't imagine anyone seriously wants COD squealers shouting in voice chat every time they get a kill.

Irunfold and PUNK123 like this.
  13. Voices in KAG, no pls I don't want to be deaf

PUNK123 likes this.
  14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've didn't really read the thread in depth, just skimmed through, really.
    You just complain where you could easily help the game growing by 'face to face' advertising. Tell all your friends about our amazing game, tell your neighbours if you have any, tell your grandparents (who knows, maybe they will play it instead of solitaire), tell your cat and dog and their fleas, tell it to a guy you meet in a bus (WARNING: Kids, don't talk to strangers. :D )...just spread the word.

15. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

If voices went in kag... :(

16. TheDirtySwine

Yellow please contribute thoughtful posts with reasoning behind them. Both of your comments so far have been discussed already

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  17. We should have a steam sale TBH

And not pub stomp the shit out of them when they play for the first time...

18. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

honestly tho i think the problem isnt really with the advertising. I think kag dev team pretty much introduced anyone, who would like this kind game, to this game already. But scared them away because this game is so competive, and players get snarky and mean when a new guy screws their team up. And ofcourse because of bad coding and design decisions, which makes people feel like they were threated wrong by the game.

If you want my opinion, which you probably dont want.
    Then I would say. This game is done for. Kag team got lucky that the kag mechanics were so fun to play with, but bad decisions, as result of inexperience, fucked up what was good. Accept that, Learn from it, move on, make a new game, and dont screw up next time.

Or... you can keep on trying to reanimate kag. Make it even more unbalanced, and chase away even more people until its a pile of remains that will blow away by the wind...

yellowwhy1 and Dargona1018 like this.
  19. xXx3stronk5u

xXx3stronk5u Catapult Fodder

Whilst that is true, I personally feel the game still has potential to attract more players. Not many more, but I recon KAG's pop could increase nicely with a few free weekends/sales alongside people recommending the game to their friends. Even if not, the game isn't doing too badly as is really and just because it doesn't have many players most certainly doesn't mean it's a dead game.

20. TheDirtySwine

The game needs a tutorial because new players have no idea what the hell they are doing they get yelled at and leave. I just got my job 2 weeks ago, I'm going to buy a new computer and I'll have tutorials up in no time. I want to bring a ton more players in and I'll advertise it myself. There is a reason I've stayed with this game for 2.5 years... It's obviously not a bad game

Blue_Tiger and Noburu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.