1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

whats a bad game really? I mean even the crappiest games still have people who play it. I dont know, maybe this is a bad game. I mean where are all the 100,000+ people who bought this game? Maybe whats left now are the people that keep playing a bad game no matter how bad it is.

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

This, right here.
    The game itself was fine (with the knight nerf update). People could get into it more.
    It would be more balanced. But then, just because he could, he added in a shotgun for "something fresh" (not actual quote). To me, that was a terrible decision. After each update, people will take at least 2-3 weeks to adjust, and you didn't/barely (don't remember the Version numbers) allow that with the Knight Nerf, and then fucked up the game by taking away the one thing that has been here forever, the one thing that is balanced in the slightest, probably just because you felt like doing something new.

Try something new in a different game, try it there, and don't screw with what was amazing, what worked, what was fun, and just run off more players. It's been a while since the Shotgun update, and you guys have truly gotten nothing but mediocre/bad things said about it, and yet you decide to keep it in and "improve it" instead of listening to the community, the only, and very small one, that you have, and keep in, and tweak, the one most-complained about thing (except boulders, as that stuff is just idiotic).

Honestly, I don't think that personal preference should come into this, Geti, if you like it and want to keep it.
    The community is the only thing here, and if you enjoy the game, don't destroy it by running off the only people here, probably leaving an open 12-hour spot each day for these poor souls, having to fill it with something else, like other shitty games that aren't as infuriating or addictive.

Fuzzle likes this.
  3. Leo

Leo Haxor

It's a cheap game, 99% of these people just bought it, played it a few times and then forgot about it. I have many steam games that I NEVER play really. Some of them I bought while drunk btw :p

Blue_Tiger and Fuzzle like this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

no offense but most of your posts about helping the game involve yourself
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2014 ---
    at the end of the day it is there game and they ca do what they want. im not saying there going arround trying to make it to their preference but the fact is every build there is a group of players who will HATE the changes(me including my opinions never changed) so one of the best features of kag "continious updates" is a source of playerbase loss anyone have anything to add or just to argue with me go ahead

5. FearSome

FearSome Haxor

Kill beta, bring back classic. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

ieatpieandlikepie and Klokinator like this.
  6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Reported.

Yagger and norill like this.
  8. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

I think the difference between KAG and most other games we play is that KAG is developed by a super-small team. They have a lot of creative control, and sometimes they make choices that a larger company might not make. But that's ok, because risks beget rewards. I'd rather have the devs continue to follow their own goals and instincts than not. I think they have a lot of potential and the best is almost certainly yet to come, possibly in KAG, possibly in newer projects.

NinjaCell, 101i, Auburn and 1 other person like this.
  9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Deleted some off-topic posts.
    Take it to PM if you want, PUNK and Swine.

101i likes this.
  10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

imo geti shoud sell the gam to mecrosoft

11. Contrary's posts are that thin line between "is he trolling?" and "why is he a mod?"

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Customization is always the way to go in any combat game. I think that if the game got popular for whatever reason the Devs should consider that option.

13. Kabouter123

Kabouter123 Catapult Fodder
    1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

I got a bunch of my friends to buy this game. Even with me telling them every everything and every trick I know they still couldn't be bothered to play it more than a few hours.

I asked them why they couldn't be bothered and they told me everyone was simply too good. Of course, this is due to the steep learning curve mentioned earlier.

I suggest another steam sale, so you get a whole bunch of new players at the same time. They have each other to practice on. Oh, and a dedicated noob server during the sale which is actively moderated.

Another thing is the price. It's pretty high in my opinion. If I hadn't been hooked the first time I played it at a friend I'd never have bought it. The trailers don't do this game any justice.

Tl;dr

Steam sale
    Better trailers
    Lower the price of the game

14. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I imagine Steam sales would lower the price, thats what sale are right??

15. Kabouter123

1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

You know what I mean.

16. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

They had a steamsale a few months ago i think. Many new people joined at the same time, could practice on eachother. Im not sure how many are left now. But im guessing, by looking at the state of affairs, not many at all.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

On the other hand, a few months ago was the builds where knights could rekk everything.

Also, even if tons of new players joined, there weren't any noob-only servers so good players were playing amongst shitty ones, leading to people getting their ass handed to them, making them leave.

18. Dargona1018

It is only $10. That is, like, a meal at Subway, for two.
    If you move it down to $5, that'd be, like, only one meal at Subway.
    Don't have MM or Geti have to fight over Subway....

But still, having it at $5 would make people think "Man, that game is cheap, must be pretty crappy", or, after seeing the features, "Is the game dead or something? That seems really cheap.".

Might just be money in other countries, but having a game be $5 is kinda ridiculous, and should be kept for small, hour-long indie games, or shitty Smartphone games.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  19. Kabouter123

1. Ancient Gear - [AG#]

Lower the price and sell more. Basic economy.

I sure not hope this is how you buy your games. You are missing out on a lot of great titles.

You do have a point though. Having the game discount more if it's dropping from 10 to 4 euro is a lot more appealing than when it drops from 5 to 4.

20. Dargona1018

Well, there are almost no games for $5, and the ones that are either incredibly lame, incredibly obscure, or incredibly dead (for multiplayer games).

And this is JUST with Steam. Any game for console, like, a disc, that is pretty much unacceptable.
    There are NO games under $5, unless it is one gotten from someone in a dark alley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.