1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is a small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1236]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Jab spammers really aren't that hard to counter. Either make room between yourselves to charge a double slash or, shield and jab every time they get stunned from the parry or ,my favourite, shield bash them and jump slash on their head:B):

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Please add bedrock in low areas of the map to prevent hardcover tunneling. Tunneling is a shit strategy because you can play really good an entire game bit one builder can ruin it for you. You nerfed 1 man army knights so why not do the same to builders

DatNobby, Anonymuse and Klokinator like this.
  3. There are plenty of 1 man army knights. Instead of lower bedrock there should just be more bedrock under the flag room

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

While I do hate tunneling, maybe instead a better idea would be "Hey give us more options for tackling a base" instead of "Hey remove one of the three tactics we have left after all these nerfs", eh?

Stevedog, StarskyGianni and NinjaCell like this.
  5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, tunnelling is annoying, but in certain maps it becomes a necessary evil.

On that note, I really feel that some better maps would improve games a lot. Some maps were stalemate prone in 1180, now they are even worse.

StarskyGianni likes this.
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Tunneling is so part of the game i cant underdtand you want it to be removed... Removing what spoils our fun is not the way to go at all

Stevedog likes this.
  7. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Tunneling has it place in the game, @Stevedog

Stevedog likes this.
  8. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

I would like to see jabbing get nerfed in some way, perhaps by increasing the stun you get from jabbing a shield.

I would also like to see builder have better combat options (that are not terrain dependent like spike dropping, or require a bought item like boulders), perhaps buff damage to 3/4 hearts so they actually have a chance to get a surprise kill before the opponent can react.

IN ADDITION: One other thing that I would like to see is the ability to tap the use key (mine is e, but I can't remember if I changed it or not) at a tunnel takes you to the most offensive one. This would mean having multiple tunnels doesn't reduce the speed at which you can use one to get to the front lines.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    8x and 101i like this.
  9. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

10. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Please raise water arrow prices, or nerf them in some way. I'm sure @kedram would agree.

Tern likes this.
  11. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea it needs to happen... however considering what the devs want i dont think it will anytime soon, maybe im wrong tho, been wrong plenty times before :3

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Or anybody else that was in that game...

I say make it so they only stun on direct hit, and if they don't hit a player they don't do anything. But if it does hit any player, then it does aoe stun.

Tern and neil58 like this.
  13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Right now, direct hits already stun and also deal the aoe damage around them, if your blocking and a water arrow hits the ground next to you the stun is blocked, the issue is that most of the time water arrows end up actually hitting. Making water arrows cost 25 coins makes sense, its basically the archers equivalent of a bomb, just better because they are long range and you get 2 of them, the drawbacks are that they dont directly hurt anyone and they dont give you coins, the thing people keep saying (water arrows dont net you coins so they should be 20 coins) i feel is flawed. @Geti please consider making them cost 25 coins, yes i know ive talked to you already about this but its just becoming a huge problem....

14. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I saw some old articles about the game saying that R used to control bots (I guess when the game was less popular?).

Afaik R does nothing now, so it could use a function... not sure what though. Perhaps for archer you could 'revert to normal arrows' or something? It's kind of annoying when you have multiple special arrows and you're not sure which ones you have selected - then you get rushed while selecting arrows. For builder it could perhaps show a reach outline of where you're able to build. No idea what it could do for knight... maybe a function to quickly take a mine in and out of inventory.

---------

Another change could be the ability to cancel charged slash like you can cancel archer charged shot.

DatNobby likes this.
  15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, Classic did have that feature. I think it was only for server owners/admins though.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

R was for controlling migrants in Zombie Fortress. I don't believe that adding more keys to learn into the game helps anything, tbqh.

Re: Water cost - a lot of the people qqing about the spam were in a game where arcrave went on a revenge bender with infinite water arrows :^) I might consider raising them to 25 but honestly they're one of the few items that don't pay for themselves and generally encourage teamwork (...or boulder abuse, depending on the user). I doubt 25c would change much other than giving fire a minor buff, because those that are going to spam them generally buy 6 or 8 at a time.

Re: EVERY SPECIAL ARROW SHOULD BE PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE AND ARCHERS SHOULD FALL OFF TOWERS THANKS - lolno.

17. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I agree. As much as I hated beING spammed, when arcrave had his revenge we still didn't win any faster than we would have before

18. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Often the team with the most water arrow spam lost by a lot.

It's not that they're too strong, it's that they're really fucking annoying.

That is still a problem, it can impact the game being fun even if it doesn't really matter in terms of balance.

19. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I'd like to see some less awkward falling spikes that seem more like a feature than a glitch. Currently, it's not possible to block them and they'll pierce one opponent or teammate after the other until reaching ground, dealing the devastating 4 hearths. Also, they can't fall through platforms.

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

do you mean shielding them?