1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Flaming Ballista Bolts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jepton, Oct 13, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Another Ballista bolt upgrade.

Simply allows Ballista bolts to set fire to wood. Perhaps it would deal less damage to stone, and wouldn't penetrate as far, block-wise.

I really don't have much else to add. It'd be a buffer between explosive and regular, and would effectively be a Ballista bolt wrapped in cloth, like the fire arrows.

norill, mcrifel, tru0067 and 5 others like this.
  2. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

+1
    Ballistas are mostly used for spawn points or ramming players from what I've seen. With this at least people could be interested in using it.

3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Another way that this isn't overpowered is that the bolt would quickly catch fire so allies couldn't use it for climbing purposes. It should also set fire to things faster than normal fire arrows

4. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

This idea is great, I tend to never use ballistas but it would be great to see this. +1

5. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

That, my friend, is a great idea. Even though I rarely see Ballista ladders.

These could go in w/ a Ballista bomb nerf, to encourage the flaming bolts instead of spamming the bombs.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Why would anyone want this when an archer's fire arrows are easier to get, more useful, easier to aim, cheaper, and don't take up the ever valuable bomb-bolts slot on a ballista? Not to mention the archer's most unique niche is fire ATM, and you wanna take that away from them?

Corpsey likes this.
  7. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

When I said "Penetrate", I meant going through a block, as long as it's a 1x1 tower.

This would open the possibility of penetrating a 1x1 stone tower, and burning the shops behind it. Of course, none of this is useful against bomb bolts, since you can sit there and destroy the enemy base in safety, which is why these would go in w/ a bomb bolt nerf.

Perhaps that's too much.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Why don't we make napalm arrows? Archers arn't op enough....

9. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Don't attract the archer debate. Flaming bolts would effect all classes, anyways.

10. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

How about every class gets fire arrows?
    Problem solved.
    78787878:thumbs_up:

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I kinda like this idea. +1 Especially like @TheDirtySwine said about no ballista arrow ladders.

12. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

Would it make all bolts after the upgrade flammable or would it be an ammo type that you can buy in the shops?

13. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Preferably like the bomb upgrade.

Mods: Rainbows