1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Return of the Obra Din

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Ej, May 25, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. [​IMG]
    long story short: dukope, the dude behind "Papers, Please" announced his new game.
    i'll let the guy speak now:

"My next project will be a 3D first-person mystery game set on an East Indiaman merchant ship in 1808.
    (...)
    In 1802, the merchant ship "Obra Dinn" set out from London for the Orient with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later it hadn't met its rendezvous point at the Cape of Good Hope and was declared lost at sea. Early this morning of October 14th, 1808, the Obra Dinn drifted into port with sails damaged and no visible crew. As insurance adjustor for the East India Company's London Office, find means to board the ship and recover the captain's logbook for assessment."

other important things:
    -its 1-bit
    -("Obra" is pronounced like "Cobra" without the C)

source and more info: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40832.0

gett hyyyypeeeedddd

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Magmus, Konoko, Kalikst and 4 others like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've been looking at some old 1bit Mac games and their graphics are astonishing.

3. Early development build has become available today, you can get it here.

Kazaco97, Ej, Bint and 1 other person like this.
  4. Guitarman and Biurza like this.
  5. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

This looks like a very interesting idea

6. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Been waiting for this game for a while, pretty excited to finally get to play it.

Biurza likes this.
  7. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I can't believe i never discovered this game until now, while being a huge fan of papers, please, good thing Ej revived this ::D:

Mods: BlueLuigi