1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We don't lash out thoughts if it's from a new player, it's just your ideas are really bad and you cry so much in game. Kinda putting the label on yourself saying, "HEY I THINK KNIGHTSSSS ARE OPPPP AND I THINK BUILDR SHUD REK ANYONE AND EVERYONE."

And every time you post something like this everyone has a really good laugh. Start posting about a topic that is reasonable, not just one that benefits yourself.
    "Bomb OP" -Revsta

2. revsta

revsta Shipwright

^

Yes. Yes you do. It wasn't just me people were lashing out at recently. There were plenty of other players on the same side who were being lashed out at as well, they're just not here to post I guess.

I have never said I think builder should 'rek' anyone and everyone, or anything of that nature. I've actually made quite a few posts on this board about suggestions I have, and acknowledge that I'm open to discussing them with other players. The issue I have with bombs is their cheapness. I don't think 25 is fair, I think they should be more expensive, because especially in public games, it's a spam fest.

The 'counter arguments' I receive when I say "Well a knight can buy bombs for cheap, bomb jump over a wall that took a long time to build, explode the flag open, grab it, then bomb jump back and be uncatchable' is "What's wrong with that?" or "Do you know how much awesomer knights USED to be?" and a lot of crying and name calling.

But this is all off subject anyway and is just more personal attacks from people who don't like me speaking out against something. And yet more dodging of real issues affecting this game. No one wants to address the real issues affecting this game, and are just content to watch it slowly die -- which is exactly what it is doing if you haven't noticed. If you don't care, and you just want it to die, then stay out of the thread. If you don't want it to die, maybe try partaking in a conversation instead of just doing in this thread exactly what I said you type of people do in game -- talk a lot of shit and ignore any actual issues the game has and watch it die slowly.

edit: start posting a topic that is reasonable? Maybe you should check my other posts, and maybe you should realize that this game dying doesn't just affect me. I can also play knight all I want, but I choose to play builder, because it's the best way I can help my team. You never see any glory as a builder, that's not what this is about. I do believe builders should get points, and I've made a thread about it if you care to comment with your wonderful wisdom on game balance.

edit: posts like this "And every time you post something like this everyone has a really good laugh" are another reason the game is dying. You think you belong to some og kag crew who knows everything and are together, when plenty of people agree with me, plenty of people resent your attitude, not just in game but in this and other threads, and even if you WERE the smart people know it alls og of this game, the game is crumbling around you. Apparently you won't even admit this game is dying. Is it or is it not?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    Psiklaw likes this.
  3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Revsta should have the pissed-off-at-everything of the year award.

But really, revsta, you just kinda act like a hypocrite.

You say that the community shouldn't be as hostile, even though you are probably the most hostile out of everyone.
    You say that you want to make suggestions in-game, but when anyone else does, you slap them in the face (I have seen it a couple times).
    You tell others that they are whining, even though you are the whiniest of them all.

As I have said before (don't know where), this game keeps members up with a "reputation", something seldom used on the internet, so I don't blame you for not knowing that. What it means, is that you are judged on your actions, and then a label is put on you that keeps with you forever. Right now, you are that one person that complains about the game, yells at his team for being "idiots", and being a hypocrite in a good amount of ways.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop being that person. Get a good reputation.
    A lot of the well-respected members of the forums didn't get here by yelling at their team, calling everyone noobs, and then raging on the forums the same way in-game. They make quality posts, and squash plebs with their grammatical skills and so they aren't given the label of butthurt 12-year-old.

4. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Nah, this is just more lies. I'm not hostile to anyone. I talk back when people talk to me, and I criticize people for doing stupid things when they do them, like say lighting a keg in the flag room, or catapulting our own towers down. I don't attack individual players. You have never seen me slap anyone in the face for making an in-game suggestion. You've seen me respond to people responding to me, like when I talk to Dr. Shark or whatever or Kendram when I say something and they respond, or you will see me attack someone who is going around calling people "shitters" or someone like FistyMcGee who goes "rekt Revsta" when he kegs the base and I die. Talking back when people talk shit is not being hostile.

I don't tell other people they are whining either. The comment I made about whining was that Dr. Shark calls me and others who talk in game whiners, and then says "then they go to the forums and whine more." I'm not the "one person" who complains about the game, and yeah I have said "my team is idiots" before, nor have I ever sat here and said "there shall be NO shit talking or disrespect ever in this game!" I said this game has MORE shit talk and hostility than any game I've ever played, and I've played tons of games. Shit talking is part of gaming, and I'm fine with that. This game is different, and I don't see how anyone can disagree given the state of the game. ALL I see when I post in this thread are personal attacks to me, NEVER refuted by a SINGLE reason why this game might be dying or what to do to improve it. You, Kedram, Shark, and others, have absolutely zero to contribute on the reason this game is dying, and are more content to sit here and personally attack me as though you think you can blame it all on me. Label me all you want, but my criticism of the game's features and community is never refuted by a single thing other than people attacking me personally - ad hominem.

If you want to actually engage me in conversation and discussion about suggestions I've made to the game, then actually do that instead of just insulting me or saying "you're a shitter" or "that's bad" like the typical reply.

5. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

well we have a new master of the crossed out text joke............
    not sure but it might be me @dual_chiecken was referencing when i tried to defend spikes for builders defense and he did kinda talk down to me(of course i didnt lash back out i used logic to defend myself)anyway ive personally never seen him play builder(once upon a time i actually played kag beta alot)so i doubt he knows how hard it is to time a spike drop and how easy it is to be killed attempting to do it correctly

7. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

lol

DatNobby likes this.
  8. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

You don't make suggestions, you just point out "flaws". Then when someone responds rationally, you repeat said flaw. Then they tell you to make a decent suggestion. When you can't provide one, they tell you to "git gud scrub".

I know hostile experienced players is a problem, but whiny scrubs who upvote every criticism of the game and it's players are much worse. Just because some well-known player calls your idea dumb doesn't always mean they are being hostile to new players. Chances are, it's just a dumb idea.

Old players don't defend every criticism of the game, many of them have their own problems with it. They will defend dumb complaints from new players that they have heard a thousand times before. Stop assuming they have a bias against any changes to the game, they know a lot more about it than you. Your wisdom is not all-encompassing, just cause a few players agree with you doesn't make your complaint right. Most of the people on your side are probably just looking to annoy or are as inexperienced as you.

Any insult to your idea is "a personal attack", but every one of your insults is apparently totally justified.

tl;dr: It's not new players we have a problem with, it's obnoxious ones.

Edit: I notice you have been here over a year. Honestly, I couldn't tell. I suppose suggesting "problems" with the game and it's players is "in" now. And don't say these are new problems you are complaining about, I have never once seen you complain about knights back when they were stomping everything.

DatNobby, Auburn and neil58 like this.
  9. Eh, I knew i was arguing towards nothing later on so I just dropped it. I doubt anything is going to happen with it, whatever features it brings people will just learn to get around it like I did. I don't have a problem with it anymore so you can carry on :wink:

PUNK123 likes this.
  10. Dargona1018

OKAY OKAY OKAY!
    EVERYONE!
    Really, this is pretty much an arguement about revsta and him throwing things at others.

I haven't seen a flame war before personally, but I believe that this is the dry leaves that ignites it. badum tss
    This thread was good before revsta got involved, and I want it to go back to how it was.
    Now, why can't everyone be nice and read books?

ieatpieandlikepie and PUNK123 like this.
  11. PUNK123

to be fair the more well known players here arent helping the situation

Dargona1018 likes this.
  12. Dargona1018

Well, didn't want to start other stuff.
    And saying "revsta" implies everything about him, including others not liking the way he goes about things.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    PUNK123 likes this.
  13. revsta

revsta Shipwright

But, I do make suggestions. Check my other threads, or the knight suggestion thread, or my thread I made with builder suggestions, and I make actual suggestions in game as well. Not to say I don't say something pointing out a flaw either, but I make suggestions. There's nothing wrong w/pointing out flaws either. That's entirely the point of player feedback. If your game has an issue it isn't necessarily the players' jobs to fix it. That's up to the devs. I have however made many suggestions about this game in the Forums and in game. And no one ever responds 'rationally.' That is my entire point of these posts and I have asked over and over and over for someone to actually back up anything they say with anything other than ad hominem attacks on my abilities or my status -- and no one does. They just continue to try and berate and belittle me.

First you tell me in your post that I don't make suggestions, and then you tell me that well known players call me out on my dumb idea....how can I be called out on my dumb idea if I don't have any ideas?...

You see what I mean? And yes, I have been here a while. So? You think I'm on the boards or talking about issues in game, because it's some kind of fad? That I should have been 'complaining' earlier and if I had been then my words would carry more weight now? If I was 'well-known' my words would make more sense?

You guys attack everything BUT what I say about the game, and then tell me it's me who is the obnoxious one with dumb ideas (which you claim I don't even have) about a dying game which is dying and you don't even have theories as to why it is dying, you just attack me for not being a 'well-known' character and making no sense. Yet I see plenty of people agreeing with me, a game that is dying, and a forum filled with loyalists to the game who seem happy to watch it die rather than have a rational discussion about its flaws and possible ways to improve it.

edit: and Dragona, why don't you go back and see who started the personal attacks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  14. PUNK123

Everyone has a theory why this game is dying(lets talk about that instead of what we have been doing the last page or 2)

TheAverageMan likes this.
  15. revsta

revsta Shipwright

That's what I started talking about. Check my posts. Since then it's been attacks on me by people unwilling to talk about that very issue who seem to want to blame the game dying on 'shitters' and 'whiners.'

16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

The game isnt dying.

17. PUNK123

no your complaining and you are still complaining for zero reason so im just gonna leave you to your complaining in this thread

NinjaCell, Dargona1018 and EhRa like this.
  18. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Just more evidence of the people in this community not giving a fuck. I've made many posts w/suggestions and then have been attacked and am simply defending myself, and now am being called a whiner. I'm just gonna leave the Forums entirely and play for kicks and when the game dies don't say I didn't tell you.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Can I ask you a question. How is the game dying. I was on jsut then and their were about 100+ players.

PUNK123 likes this.
  20. PUNK123

good ridance
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 26, 2014 ---
    just because i didnt post under any of your suggestions doesnt mean i didnt see then all your ideas of how to fix the game are way to difficult to be done

do you know how much reworking it would take to deal with this
    they handle bans if you give evidence there is almost nothing else they could do better to help deal with greifers; your suggestions honestly arent helpful at all because theyd be to difficult to implement i try to stay out of things but your attitude is irritating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.