1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Class Abilities

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Shadowor, Oct 5, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

By pressing an 'Activate ability' button (let's say R), you gain a buff for a short period of time. Each class has different abilities, and can carry only one into battle. You can choose one from 3 ability for the duration of the round. You can pick one in the building phase at the tent.

Knight:
    -Juggernaut: Reduces incoming damage by 50% for 3 seconds. (90 second cooldown)
    or
    -Parry: Reflects 25% of the melee damage to the attacker for 3 seconds. (60 second cooldown)
    or
    -Heal: Gain 2 heart. (120 second cooldown)

Archer:
    -Sprint: Run and swim 50% faster for 5 seconds. (60 second cooldown)
    or
    -True-shot: The next normal arrow does double damage and penetrates enemies. (45 second cooldown)
    or
    -Stealth: Ducking makes you invisible for 5 seconds. (45 second cooldown)

Builder:
    -Wealth: Gain double amount of the resource you mine for 10 seconds. (240 second cooldown)
    or
    -Power: Double damage to blocks you hit for 7 seconds. (180 second cooldown)
    or
    -Trader: The next 3 item from shops cost 25% less coin. (240 second cooldown)

I think this would be a really interesting element in the game. It encourages tactical gameplay, you have to think when to activate your ability and if you should wait for the next one. Each class would be special, you can feel the different roles. This will also slow down the game a bit, players will plan instead of rushing in.
    I tried not to make this OP, so feel free to change the values and abilities, or even make new ones.

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I like it. Though, I think knights should have a "sprint" ability to catch up with annoying archers.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

For a mod, these don't sound completely awful. For the main game, howaboutno?

Assuming a mod, we'd need some visible way to see how long the cooldown has left. Also what's to stop you from using the builder ability to buy cheapass kegs and then farm more coins while the cooldown counts down, run back and buy more again? Seems spammable to me. Power is cool. Wealth is good too.

4. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Yeah I thought that this will be a mod level only. There would be a timer on the HUD for the cooldown. Like I said the values can change to prevent abuse, I only gave the idea. If the builder decides to farm kegs, then that is fine, he farms some instead of building. Your character would have a colored border or flashing a little bit which shows that player is using the ability.

5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I like the idea, but, obviously a mod will come saying:

"stop suggesting these ideas, Geti already said he wont add any mayor content to the game, he will only focus on the bugs and balancing" (idk if they mean he will NEVER add any mayor content anymore or that not ATM, not sure)

6. jameslava

jameslava Builder Stabber

I like this idea but I think it should be a mod not part of the main game but still great idea:thumbs_up:

7. ZeldaMarioDude

ZeldaMarioDude Tree Planter

I think archers should be able to crawl

EpicDerek likes this.
  8. lare290

lare290 Ballista Bolt Thrower

would be cool to see this in Aphelion's roleplay server :D

9. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

This is actually really like what I once (possibly) posted! I'm thinking that by clicking or holding the scroll button you have a extra attack or defence like:
    Archer: Mouse scroll click is using a dagger (like the one in the early version of KAG beta)
    Knight: Clicking mouse scroll is shield bash (2 second charge 300% speed, short stunning)
    Builder:Clicking mouse scroll is dropping a object on the floor on front of it (example a mine/barricade/sand<slow movement> and etc.)
    Good idea?

EpicDerek and Sky_Captain_Bjorn like this.
  10. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

Nice idea :thumbs_up::rollseyes:

11. builder321

builder321 Shipwright

I guarantee everybody who has looked at this thread has loved the idea, and yet the only things happening to beta recently are nerfs, and removing aspects of the game (Non-builder classes using drills, hiding in boxes)... Come on...

jimmyzoudcba, Verzuvius and Shadowor like this.
  12. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

shouldnt we work on trying to fix the instead of changing it but i do like the idea its cool
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 2, 2014 ---
    and i think the cool down should be longer so it cant be spammed like everything

13. EpicDerek

EpicDerek Shipwright

I think this is a great Idea!!! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2014 ---
    Please keep me updated if possible ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2014 ---
    YES that is a great
    YES that is a great idea, especially the builder that's the one I really like, that's a great Idea... A barricade ,slow sand and a mine that sounds great another new aspect to the game that the debs should definitely think about... Great idea!!! :)

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Children, if you can't stay on topic then I will have to hand out warning points. If you continue after that I will hand out additional points and then lock the thread. Now go. Play nicely with the other kiddies. And remember to catch some sunshine on occasion; for your vitamin D levels, if nothing else. :huh?:

Verzuvius and PUNK123 like this.
  15. lare290

lare290 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I stopped playing shortly after that shit-update that made it not possible to hide in crates :c

PUNK123 likes this.
  16. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

really... You can still go into crates in some modded servers...

Mods: Rainbows