1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Great Games you've never played

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Noc, Sep 15, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Here's a few amazing games most people have never heard of.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (One of the best games ever, Blizzard bought the developers and scrapped it)

Conquest: Frontier War (Great RTS with cool innovation, Blizzard made a new starcraft and scrapped it)

Madworld(Very artsie and original, but it fell flat on it's face with sales. I wish I could blame Blizzard)

Metro 2033 (Great Game, hardcore survival fps, but COD ignored their differences and scrapped it.)

Any suggestions for this ever growing list?

Birdman159 likes this.
  2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Played both MA:GiTS and it's one of the best 3D platformers I've ever played (gamecubes hold a special place in me heart anyway). Madworld gets _so damn boring_ very quickly cause it's pretty limited gameplay-wise, I'm not surprised it didn't sell well - still ,it's the most ultraviolent game on the wii i know of.

I've never played Ico and derivatives or Katamari Damacy (due to lack of playstation(s)) , both supposed to be genre-defining and awesome etc etc.

3. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

That's interesting, Madworlds is the only one on the list I never truly played. I just stole it from another list:). I guess I'll replace it.

4. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Umm, I've played C&C: Tiberian Sun... I mean I wouldn't be a C&C fan if I hadn't.

6. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Just throwing it out there, since many people don't even know who made the genre first.

7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I always found it odd how I enjoyed them more...

8. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Shouldn't this be in the other games section?

10. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

I think so, but until then...

Shadow of the Colossus. Words can't really describe how incredible the game is.

11. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Aaaaaa. Glitch in The System was amazing, and I wish the Xbox Originals release-the only one on consoles this generation-- had garnered the popularity it deserved. To this day it remains one of my favorites.

Tiberian Sun was great, too, but the multiplayer wasn't exactly fantastic, which was kinda disappointing.

If you're not aware of Nox, it is literally the best game ever. Play it, whatever the cost.

12. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

World in conflict (soviet assault).

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Jet Set Radio Future [​IMG]

14. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

But I have played JSRF, Granny! It came on my Xbox! Probably one of the most memorable games ever, for what it's worth. The lifeless people of the city, however, were REALLY LAME.

15. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Suikoden, Jumping Flash, Jet Moto, and Klonoa.

Not all that obscure, but they're really great games. PS1 classics.

17. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Lifeless people!? I don't think Ryhth was lifeless >>"

18. smash44

smash44 Shipwright

Savage2 - one of my alltime favorites! Its a bit like KAG at gameplay. Here a short description: "A game of Savage 2 plays out much like a regular RTS game like Warcraft 3 would, requiring the commander to build buildings in a birds-eye perspective. Except in Savage 2, the remaining players take control of the units in either a third or first-person perspective. Players will have access to over 16 different units once the required buildings have been constructed, giving access to a wide variety of skills and abilities to suit their unique play style." source: mmohut.com
    I hope some of you take a look and if you like it, would be fun to play together. For more Information and the Download-Link -> http://www.savage2.com/en/gameplay.php

Another one is Ace of Spades - FPS&Sandbox Game specially for oldsql Machines.
    Its a cool mix between Minecraft and an standard FPS. You can choose between 3 Guns: Rifle, Submachine- and Shotgun with fully de- and reconstructible terrain. The Goal is the same as in KAG CTF, distract the opponent and bring the enemy flag to your base. With many maps and configurations, the Free2Play Hit guarantees hours of fun.

More Details and Download -> http://www.ace-spades.com/

If you liked one of the games I would appreciate a Post-Like =)

Have fun and good luck,
    greets smash44

19. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Loved the ever loving crap out of Madworld... one of my favourite games for the Wii. Really looking forward to the unnoficial sequel/prequel/whatever-it-got-Jack-in-it Anarchy Reigns.

I have a old game called "Take no prisoners" its a top down shooter much like the old game Mageslayer (made by the same company, Raven software). TNP story and gameplay is akin to the old action flick Escape from New York. you got tons of guns and gore. And not a direct set path to where you need to go and thus you need to explore the enviroments the game presents.

Another gem i have is "Escape: or die trying", a third person action adventure game. you crash onpick between four diffrent characters and set out to collect gas and parts to repair your air baloon in the forbidden zone. damn thing wont work on vista and its pissing me of!

A good space simulator i got is "Conflict freespace: The great war". Also called "Decent: Freespace". Great story and thrilling space battles.

20. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

heres a good one:free for mac,linux and windows: Nexuiz
    its a really fast paced fps with a beautiful ligthning engine.when there is a dark hall just fire a lazer and watch the glory.
    get it at nexuiz.com/classic

Mods: BlueLuigi