1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Zombie Fortress Solo mode woes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jomskylark, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Hi,

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Mac v10.6.8
    Build number: 591
    Description: When I click on Zombie Fortress in the Solo menu, a light blue background appears with nothing else present. No character, no land, no inventory, etc. So I hit escape to get out of it and click on the Sandbox mode. Now a world generates. When I go back to Zombie Fortress, the same world I had in Sandbox mode appears in the Zombie Fortress mode, just how I left it. However, no zombies or NPCs spawn and it never turns to night. It's pretty much exactly the same as Sandbox mode.
    Steps to reproduce: Click on Solo > Zombie Fortress; see blue screen; exit Zombie Fortress; click on Solo > Sandbox; exit Sandbox; click on Zombie Fortress; wonder why it looks the same as Sandbox and has no zombies ::(:
    Screenshots/Videos: I can add screenshots or video if requested but hopefully that description was clear enough!

Thanks!

Kazaco: Resolved by Furai.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Read stickies in this section before posting! Warned!

Is this Classic KAG?

3. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Oops sorry. Edited!

Re: Classic KAG -- I don't think so, but how would I check to find out?

4. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Build 591 is Classic.
    Which no longer receives updates.

5. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Drill Rusher

Whaaaat. I've been playing Classic all this time thinking it was the regular game. Wow, I guess I'll check out the new version. Still wonder why the Zombie Fortress mode returns a blank screen on Classic, though? Maybe it was incomplete at the time of the transition to the "Deluxe" (or whatever it's called) version of KAG?

Fuzzle likes this.
  6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

There is only KAG and KAG Classic. No other names for the games.

As to your problem - it's caused by missing files. The quickest way to fix would be to redownload and reinstall the game.

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Or actually just download this file and put it in your KAGClassic/Base/Maps folder.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.