1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Game Mode] Protect Your King (PYK)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by zeeb, Nov 20, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. zeeb

zeeb Catapult Fodder

PROTECT YOUR KING

Similar to CTF.
    1 player of each team gets chosen as "The King", this player is similar to a knight (difference should be; no defensive abilities, and a unique outfit, so the king can be distinguished), has 1000 HP, and 1 HITS every enemy, but as soon as the king dies the game is over, kind of like chess.

The best tactic is to let the king stay inside safety, but you can also use him to advance the frontline, but due to the king having NO defense, he should be guarded, else his HP might drop faster than expected.

What do you guys think?
    I think we NEED this game mode, the game's name is afterall; "King Arthur's Gold",

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

It sounds clever, but in the end it will boil down to "attack with King until his HP is low, then retreat and turtle."
    Requiring a player to turtle for the sake of the team does not sound like much fun for the player in question.

icemusher and Noburu like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

- stalemate hype 2014, xD

startselect3 and Noburu like this.
  4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

First off, the game's called King Arthur's Gold because there used to be a mode where you had to steal/get the most gold, almost like a race, also there was a SNES game called "King Arthur's World" which was a huge inspiration to MM.
    Secondly, 1000HP sounds extremely overpowered. Just like that one-hit-k.o. thing.
    In the end, it doesn't sound like you put any thought into balance. You'll have to mod this yourself if you want it.

5. zeeb

zeeb Catapult Fodder

Some things can ofcourse be tweaked, dont you think?
    But yeah well don't actually give a f*ck if it happens or not, just had to share it.
    Its not like I spend more than 1 hour a day on this game anyway.

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Not sure if you're trying to offend someone, but the moment you do so, this thread will probably get closed.
    Children don't need to hear your filth.

To the mod idea, seems extremely unbalanced, and not sure if even fun.
    The problems would be for example, what if the king is a faggot.
    Maybe voting for the king, yet still... Meh, I don't see this very successul.

7. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I understood most of this, and I came to the conclusion that this would be...

Essentially Invasion with cores that attack.

8. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

I like the idea, I honestly do. It's the fact that there are some things in pub matches that you can't stop from happening. One team could be playing legit while the other is digging a deep ass hole in their base, and hiding the king in there. Which I am assuming would not be the point of the game mode.But I do like the concept.

9. PorkChop808

PorkChop808 Catapult Fodder

This sounds like a super fun game mode.

10. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

What about the King being a npc (or even princess Geti) with a "retreat" behaviour (goes to closest room of its team).

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

lol what is this salt

have you never faced critique before?

Fernegulus likes this.
  12. PorkChop808

PorkChop808 Catapult Fodder

YES!!! we need this game mode. Weather it's a npc defend the princess or a player as the king. i think it would be awesome.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

That gets me thinking... Why the heck do we capture flags, not princesses? What use do knights have in a flag? At least they can have fun with princesses

14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Only a dirty swine would say that

15. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Maybe The flag is lubricated (or maybe his gay and.... well you know)

Psiklaw likes this.
  16. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Protect the Fag :rekt:

Pharphis likes this.
  17. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

That can be cool if is a alternative version of the TDM

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  18. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I agree maybe it should just relying on the natrual map and no builders and all players spawn at th king and the map would be a giant dynamic map with all neutral traps and doors.

19. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

You can for just start make a ramdome player on eatch begin a knight whis a custom skin and one burger

20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I just wish there was a Kill The Princess where each team has a princess with a large amount of health and stays in one place, always, like a flag, and you must defend her, the first team to destroy the princess wins, there can be multiple princesses, basically sort of like the main gamemode from LoL. (which I don't play.)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 27, 2014 ---
    Honestly, I just want an Invasion or DTC (Destroy The Core) gamemode that can have multiple cores, that have a large health, and can heal.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows