1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The 10 Greatest Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowor, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

In random matches I see these guys who just don't understand the laws of KAG, so here are the most annoying and painful fails a player can make, and a tip how to avoid them. These are only my opinions, please do make corrections or expand the list. I want to hear what makes you face-palm.

1. Don't release a trapped knight
    I know it is tempting to go and slay a helpless knight, but if you go attack him, there is a good chance you will die in the door and set him free (happens with the flag room too). Leave him there, if he doesn't suicide, that is one less knight for the enemy.

2. Don't chase a single builder
    Tunnelers are one of the most annoying players and they slowly proceed in tunneling, but it doesn't worth the effort to go and kill him. I always see 5 knight and 3 builder trying to dig up the rat, leaving the battlefield free to the enemy. Just don't do it.

3. Think before you step on a mine
    It can be fun to fly off with the mine, but most of the time you can kill others or even destroy your own base. Look carefully for mines, and see if you can destroy it or just jump on it. I saw a lot of death as the result of uncaring.

4. Archers, don't stand in the door
    A pain that will probably never go away. You can get slashed in the door if you don't look out. If you are chased, rather die than letting the enemy in. If you must shoot random arrows, do it behind platforms or shoot in the sky.

5. Don't shoot with vehicles mindlessly
    Man this is a bad one. Whenever there is a newbie sitting in the ballista or catapult, he empties the ammo the hell out of it, and mostly this happens on his team's base. Don't shoot if you don't have to, especially not your structures.

6. Don't steal other's ammo/resource
    Sometimes a keg is left in safety for the owner to return to it later, or a few bomb arrow is lost in the battlefield. Be a good person and leave it there or return it to the owner, it is really annoying to lose them. Of course if you think you can make a much better move and you are sure of what you are doing, then take it. Same with stone and wood, someone gathered them, so don't steal it.

7. Lit the keg if you know you will surely die
    You are an important target if you carry a keg. Don't carry it around your base if there is a threat. If you know you are going to die, then lit the keg and take some enemy with you, or else you just gave it to them. A lit keg will make them panic and most likely make them fail the throw and kill themselves.

8. Don't make bad traps or place spikes in bad places
    The trap's kill count will be on your team, not the enemy's. Don't make unnecessary traps.

9. Be a useful builder in the build phase
    Standing at the red border as a knight or archer won't get you a proper base. Switch to builder, always get the resource supply at the tent and do something good, at least you will have some coin for the rush.

10. And most importantly: do not feed!
    The most annoying thing you can do is feeding. What is feeding? Dying to a pro knight all the time, giving him hearts and coins. We can't finish him off if you keep giving him hearts, and once he is dead, he will come back with lots of bombs and kegs. Don't jump into the fight mindlessly. Try to learn your enemy and wonder if you can take him out or not.

2. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

icemusher likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

You'd still use it if this is overly necessary - e.g. tower going to collapse or dangerous troups that can be killed easily with some keg under, you'll get enough money to buy back a keg for the original owner.

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Just gotta try to add something into it, with tunneling builders:

If an enemy is trying to tunnel into your base, go from behind, or go from above.
    Don't build a tunnel into the front of theirs, because, if you die, you just finished the tunnel for them.

icemusher and Shadowor like this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Another one : Don't care about your ratio
    You can be helpful to your team with having 1:2 ratio as knight. Killing other people isn't the most important. Making ways to the enemy flag and supporting builders is way more useful than killing a thousand noobs that couldn't harm your team.

NinjaCell, icemusher, dayleaf and 3 others like this.
  6. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

rule 6
    don't steal the enemies stuff, it's unethical...
    returning the item to the [allied] owner is a nice thing to do, but remember the enemie might take it or the item disappears by the time the owner shows up. Also this rule 'd only work out if everyone on your team plays accordingly, you can be sure someone on your team don't.

rule 10
    I wouldn't take this to serious, people want to have fun playing the game. You learn by try&error and you can't do that if the enemy team consists of unlubed rape-machines which take the autobalance as the word of god and don't consider evening the odds. "Don't look the enemy in the eyes, give him all your ressources, let him use your head so he can jump higher or just sacrifice one of your teammates to him and you might stay alive"

additional
    -people placing mines next/on top/inside own structures/traps or giving the enemie a free bombjump
    -people using recklessly bombjumps on own structures
    -people not dropping everything the moment an enemie steals a flag. Staying healthy is important

Shadowor likes this.
  7. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

While playing as an archer, don't make arrow ladders the enemy can use to get into your base.

Shadowor and Dargona1018 like this.
  8. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Oh, good one! i remember that yesterday, a guy said: "Oh come f*cking on! This is ruining my rank"
    obviously, he was always killing and trying to have a 3:0 rank, when he said that phrase, he got verbally rekt by "Rank is not important if you lose the match"

NinjaCell, FuzzyBlueBaron and Asu like this.
  9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea, I came into a match where 3 people were talking about their KD and I was just like "It doesn't matter how large your c**k is, just play the game". Those people are ridiculous, and I think that the ranking system on Black Death Servers was probably one of the worst things to happen to KAG, outside of official things like updates.

Corpsey and icemusher like this.
  10. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

10. And most importantly: do not feed!
    I am the worst for this, but I cant help myself.
    My game goes like this:
    Leave spawn->die almost immediately->repeat

J-man2003, Shadowor and icemusher like this.
  11. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

#8 Is really bad with noob builders. I don't mean the annoying, idiotic builder, I mean the rookie builders that just bought the game. When they skip the tutorial, they click multiplayer and click the first thing they see: CTF. So they start out as builders, and don't know how to change class or, most importantly, BUILD. As they slowly learn, they think spikes are cool, they think spikes is what makes you win, while it, in fact, does the opposite. I died to a team spike on dirt right next to the flag base while trying to capture a flag.

I cried that day. True story bro. :B):

12. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

The most important mistake of all

Be a Piemusher at knight without a single bomb or coins

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Love tunneling under a base. One enemy digs into the tunnel behind me with a knight and an archer. I block it off with about <10 stone blocks. I get closer to their base, mining stone a filling my hole. Then another 2 builders come in front of me, with 2 knights and dig to me. I let them get 1 block away then I suicide. Meanwhile my team is getting their flag.

Number 2 is so true/

14. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Nice list there, I particularly agree with #4 and #8.

The big one for me is one that isn't on your list:
    Playing KAB thinking it is actually KAG, (king arthur's gold > king arthur's beta).

Noburu likes this.
  15. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Activating his bomb and accidently put it back in your inventory, trying to found it back under the 3st oser bombs, accidently giving bombs to enemis and dieing
    [​IMG]

zerd, norill, Dargona1018 and 4 others like this.
  16. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i will just leave this image here with some side notes
    1: all those kegs are mine, including the one that the knight is carrying.
    2: my score before infiltrating in enemy base was 23-13.
    3: my score after i died was 52-14 (not joking).
    4: some builders just came trying to pickaxe me to death, not a good plan.
    5: there are 2 other kegs missing.
    screen-14-12-06-21-09-15.png

17. do whatev u want and be a free soul

RampageX, Dargona1018, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  18. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

that fire base -_-

Dargona1018 likes this.