1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

The idea of a king has been thought of before the problem is that not everyone takes RP seriously and some would abuse this by messing up the diplomacy. If king was a just a title that a player would have above their head and nothing else then is can better serve a RP purpose

2. LordRedcloak

LordRedcloak Base Burner

Flags.
    Dunno if this has already been suggested I'm just not going through 15 pages of suggestions :P

So my ideas would probably be hard but it would add to a nice feel.
    So basically one idea is a flag that you can buy then place, mainly to show territory or for carrying during a war just to make you look badass

Also another little idea is a war horn, it creates a loud horn noise that can be heard across the map, however to prevent spam the horn could break or something. If you do consider horns you will need some form of anti spam.

Also I don't blame you if you just want to leave roleplay as it is.

3. Ribster_

Ribster_ Catapult Fodder

I don't know if you are still taking suggestions, but I'd love to see like a proper death system. A new life rule I suppose. It enriches the gameplay and when someone dies, they are dead for good. They either wait like 10 minutes before respawning on their own team, or on a different one as a new person, this could really encourage more roleplay expiernces. Most of the time death is just an annoyance.

4. Sasquash

Sasquash Zicronium Merchant Donator

I've been rummaging through old gen sprites, some of these may be rather small but I've found most of the base races in a couple of games. A few should be recognizable.
    Human---Dwarf---Elf---Orc
    Human.png Khazad.png Sindar.png Uruk.png This series didn't really have an angelic race.
    Celestial00.png Human00.png Khazad00.png Sindar00.png Uruk00.png The Orc is based on the original idea from the current version
    Angel ------Human-----Dwarf----Elf-------Orc
    celestial.png Magiprof.png khazadprof.png Sindarprof.png uruk.png Same style as the mimic
    Celestial.png gobber.png Goblin.png human01.png Khazad01.png Sindar01.png Uruk 01.png
    this set again lacked a celestial being, so the first picture is supposed it feels more elven. Lacked a number of identifiable things, save these goblins. I know goblins don't really exist in RP at this point but they would make fun alternate enemies. The bald one is a human, Mostly a joke due to what one looks like when they join. There wasn't a good dwarf, so this bearded fellow was what I used instead. The one next to him looks conveniently like link, and the last is supposed to be an orc. I didn't bother adjusting it to the warcraft green used in server just yet. If any of these got enough notice and people wanted them in server i'd be willing to reproduce larger ones.

this is classic rpg enemy that would be neat to implement with a chance to spawn in place of a chest, but with a given treasure pool. As you approach it would detect a player blob and come to life turning to attack you with swinging hinges, teeth and tongue. As a variant they could spawn in dungeons or caves but not replace chests. Possible higher health depending on the material they are made from.
    mimic.png

Also I saw there was a gold armor mod, ask them for permission to use? would give more purpose to gold bars. Can they be smelted back down to gold? If so whats the exchange rate? If not would it be possible to add?

If nothing else I'm considering writing a wiki to help out newer players.

a keg---necromatic scroll---lightning spell
    Keg.png SanguinOffer.png Thundaga.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am going to suggest my idea that I discussed on the server last night. The over all idea is to make your server not just a TEXT based role playing server where the majority of the RP comes from just talking.

First thing's first, hunger. I'd suggest adding in a hunger system that starts to effect how your character acts in the game the hungrier they get. This will also play a huge role on food and thus have more people actually providing a service when they make food. Eventually if you go hungry for long enough periods of time it'll eventually start to slowly, REALLY slowly, sap away your HP by small bits of of heart every few days. Otherwise it'll just make you slower, and hit weaker until you eat.

Next thing going onto it, is a sleep system where if you don't sleep after so many day/night cycles in a row, your screen becomes foggy so you can't see very well, and the only thing to base how you see, is all beds in your line of vision glow brighter. This and the hunger system will make player created inns providing more of a purpose in an RP and a survival aspect.

Next being environmental systems such as the need to grow more food, and weather that effects how you play the game, and when. Such as snow, rain, wind, thunder/lightning storms, droughts that also will drain water slowly out of the map, and using buckets of water to actually help grow food.

Following the above a hunting system to hunt animals in the game for food and fur, and then a crafting system so you can craft clothes to survive in the weather that strikes. The longer the round goes, the differing weathers you'll see, and a better time system for cycles so that you can know when "winter" is coming. For instance let's say 1 day and night cycle is actually a half a month in game time, so you can learn when winter will hit.

Secondly, and this is the big part needing addressed, is negitive impacts on dying. We need to give people a reason to not wanting to die. I suggested 2 systems in one. A necromancer spawning system where you have to have a graveyard and a necromancer, and they can spawn you back, or a longer spawn in counter so if you have no necros on your team, or people not wanting to revive you, you will come back, but you have to wait like...a minute or longer to respawn. Also a GHOSTING system for when you die so you don't die right away. Once you die your ghost leaves your body for 1 minute, and it allows you to talk around through walls, but you cannot pick shit up, but you can possess players for like 5 or 10 seconds at a time.

Also indivually locking chests for only you, and more doors you can build. 4 door sets. Locked from everyone except you, locked to the enemy, or unlocked to you and allies, and unlocked to all so you don't have to become allied just to go into the door.

More classes such as doctor classes, and also specific race spawns provide some pretty ebificial resources and items such as herbs, thus making players needing to travel to survive, also the ability to hand coins over to people. This will provide a better economy in the game.

Last but not least way bigger, detailed maps, and animal taming so you can tame like wolves and they becomes dogs, which protect your live stock and your homes from the enemy. I think all of the above will add in a lot of replay value, and while it'd take awhile to get used to, it'd have so much to do that it'd take awhile to grow bored of it, not counting role playing with actual players. Also I think one last thing that is needed is a shop that created NPC that can hand out quests to players. You make the shop, make the NPC, it's produced, then it allows you to create what it says to the player and what is needed, and then what it gives out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 22, 2014 ---
    Also Angels need to play a bigger role RP, like being able to fly through walls in my opinion. They are still the higher race and it'd make sense if they had the ability to phase through walls, and perhaps they have spells that cause no damage but are there for looks, like a spell to cause winds to blow, lighting to be cast, etc, and lastly a demon race that angels can go to war with, but demons can also infect players and turn them into demons as well, but they can't directly go to war with mortal races, only angels, and their spawn is underground (and perhaps adding in some form of lava if we ever find out how) and having their base full of lava and fire.

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I really like the weather, hunger, sleeping and the Angel god power ideas.

ALSO I think we should add a merpeople race for Donators.

7. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You're forgetting that there are limitations to modding in KAG. We're reaching the end content wise.

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I guess. Alot of that stuff (e.g. hunger) would be hard.

But would Merpeople be possible to mod?

9. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Not necessary difficult, but unnecessary, extra clutter that we don't need.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No offense but extra races is far from clutter we'd not need. Either races/classes at the very least. Like actual doctor-bases races that heal people.

11. Pierre59

Pierre59 Shipwright

I have HUGES requests about a certain map and that is the map which has a bond between human and dwarfs this spot IS HELL for humans (even when they have the flying island) because they have

1 no relief to help them making defenses in contrary to the dwarf who has a PRETTY good relief
    2 they have a huge mountain at their back of the tent building on it is pain in contrary to the dwarf who again has a lot of space behind them and have almost no front problems whit the elves
    3 dwarf and human are too close or they have nothing to make a "natural" territory which always end up whit the two sides arguing whit who own what (had lead to almost 99% of wars and I’ve played both sides alot to say that)

12. LazarusTheGreat

LazarusTheGreat Haxor Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hello! I have a idea for RolePlay Involving Gold. When you find gold you say: "Well I'll be likely to throw this out of my inventory soon!" or so.
    So what if there were gold items... such as Gold Spikes, Gold Arrows,Armor,Sword, All of these would be slightly worse than iron but slightly better than copper.
    Extra little recommendation: There are these chainmails right?: Iron, Steel And Armadyl so... what if there was Adamant and Mythril chainmail? Archers no matter what will die in about 2 or 1 hits. Hope you enjoyed my Recommendations, And happy holidays!

Troller111.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 29, 2014 ---
    Hunger would be top on my list

13. Tarbis

Tarbis Catapult Fodder

Hello, i got some small ideas, would like to know your opinion about it.

• First i would like the standart heads for the races changed.
      I would like, like the orks, have another head for male and female elfs. Bald-and-beard is a good common Head for dwarfes, but not for Elfs.
    • Secondly, i would like to give the idea, that the position of all 4 common races are not on the same spot. Its always Human, Dwarf, Elf, Ork.
      It would be more interesting to change in one or 2 maps the order of races, so we dont have all the time the same neighbors.
    • and at last i would like to have the damage of the Arrows increased. In case of an atack, the elfes need a unbelivable amound of Copper-arows to kill his Knight-Enemy. In special in early game-war between Elve and Orks (who got good Melee-damage too), its not possible to get rid of the Ork-Knights, because simple Copper-Arrows are not efficent enough and in Knight-to-Knight-Combat the Orks keep the upper hand.
    Greetings, Tarbis

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  14. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

With current tech tree costs, I'd say gold is most valuable resource so far. It takes almost 100% of the gold available on the map (excluding gold found on angel citadel) to research one tech tree to end including the racial speciality. And if gold is used for other things rather than trading it for coins it would take over 100 000 wood in example to achieve the same result.

15. Atreides6262

Atreides6262 Bison Rider

I think that horses might be a good idea. Bisons can't actually jump. Also, this would add more roleplay atmosphere to your server. Think about it ( if coding is possible of course ::): )

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  16. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Fun fact: Each tech tree costs approximately 1118 coins/5000 gold/50000 wood/30000 stone

17. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If the hill is high, sure. But if you have only like 5 or 6 blocks high, normally it can jump over it fairly easy. Horses don't really need to be added. What needs to be added is to have bisons automatically changed to friendly for all without the need to get it only if you feed it.

18. Atreides6262

Atreides6262 Bison Rider

Also, if we are going to use bisons, we need team colors for them ( or armor, would be nice)

19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

When you make the bison, it has flags on it's side to show the race.

20. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

trading tabs?

:ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg:
    :ladder_bg::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::ladder_bg:
    :ladder_bg::h_rock::gold_bullion::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::ladder_bg:
    :ladder_bg::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::ladder_bg:
    :ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg:
    :ladder_bg: you're giving: 10 gold: :ladder_bg:

and another like this on the other side of the screen of what the other player is giving. I would find this helpful for my business in my dwarven taverns. please add a trading mechanic if you can. thanks.:r_flex:::)::flex:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.