1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shiprekt Plus 9.2

A revamped version of the original Shiprekt

1. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Strathos submitted a new resource:

Shiprekt Plus - A revamped version of the original Shiprekt

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

version says 7 in title

3. Strathos

Version 8 is not quite ready. I need to balance the new additions and fix a bug or two.

Klokinator and Haste like this.
  4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Suggestions for this game mode.

1. More items. I'd like to see a placeable stun bomb (Water stunner...?) that explodes and stuns enemy boarders for 2-5 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown. It won't damage the ship or your own crew, cost of maybe 150 coins? Also, maybe a ramming spike that can ram through 3-4 solid blocks before breaking, cost 100 coins? Or even a repulsor, that repulses smaller ships away to prevent you from suicidal mini-ships, as well as attractors, that draw them in? Maybe an attractor/repulsor combined item the captain can turn on/off with spacebar?
    2. Islands? Would like to see islands with maybe treasure chests, and the islands spawn and despawn randomly in various lovations. The chests could maybe upgrade your gun to double damage, double fire speed, or something similar like faster movement speed, but only last for 1-2 mins or until death. Islands could also have maybe other things on them, like NPC's, or treasure you have to dig into to get more booty points.
    3. More hazards. That whirlpool is cool as hell, but it only shows up in sudden death. How about a slowly moving kraken that sometimes spawns and wanders around the map for a minute, giving chase to motherships if it spots them but only following for about 10 seconds before its speed tapers off (So the captain can try to outrun it). Ideally it'll only appear after the 10 minute mark, and it will shred engines and the solid blocks, but not the core. It should always be near the center, where X's give the most money.
    4. Smaller hazards that are not damaging but can be annoying and hindering, like mini whirlpools that appear randomly and suck ships into, but disappear after 15 seconds and only cause you to get stuck. Or maybe there could be leaves and twigs in the water near islands that slow your ship down until you pass safely over them. Things of that nature would be cool IMO.

5. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

I think islands should exist as well, but i feel it shouldnt be every map.
    Allowing for a lot of room for map design.
    Imagine people starting to build giant docks to protect an island, with miniship defenders.
    Oh the madness would be so grand.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I hadn't even thought of that, but having starting islands with the mothership sitting a tile or two away at game start would be cool. You could also have mini-ports floating around where mini-ships could zoom over, grab a few parts and build onto their ship. Currently the only way to expand miniships is to zoom up to the mothership and strap on for a minute or two, and aligning yourself can be annoying.
    Mini-islands with building docks, starting islands, islands with diggable booty, islands with chests... lots of options here :)

Haste likes this.
  7. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Exactly my thoughts
    . brohemian.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Also you appear to be an admin on the server, are you helping Norill with the mod itself or just moderating the server?

9. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Im just admin/host.
    I would like to see team doors be put in, all too often i want to put an opening in a good place, but its usually a good place for the enemy to get in as well.
    Also the idea of a larger, denser ship giving off a better radar signal tickles my fancy as well. That way people actually have to think about when they weaponize because it might put them at risk of being found. And smaller mini ships almost wouldnt come up on radar at all, unless it were packed with dense things like bombs/guns ect.
    Just an idea stemming from the already in place compas... if it just pulsed enemy locations like radar.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How about a sonar item? If you put it on the edge of your ship, it pulses outwards revealing enemy ships in that direction. More pulses = bigger radius. As well, you have to put them on all sides of your ship otherwise you'll have blind spots, and building around the pulse item can reduce its effectiveness, meaning you have to expose it as much as possible, leaving it weak to an enemy miniship attack or carefully launched torpedo. This is actually better, because he who builds offensively and skips on sonar is blind on a map perspective. Heck, maybe you could plop sonar in the water and it'd detect any enemies that come in range no matter where you are on the map? And then enemy miniships could "steal" it by attaching struts to it.

Lots of potential for a sonar item.

11. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Sonar, yes. Radar is air. my bad. Not sure about the item form of it though, rather than it be based on block density. Though it would be interesting to see how it played out.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I also wish there was some way the AI for autocannons could be disabled. When I see a rack of guns get broken off an enemy ship and float around in the water, I DO NOT WANT my autocannons to shoot it. Yet they do. I saw 5 guns all stuck together, just floating in the water ahead of me, facing to perfect direction for me to hook up to them... and my autocannons were like KILL IT QUICKLY! So I lost the guns. A way to manually aim the cannons by the captain would be nice too. Maybe crew-member aiming mode, auto-aiming mode, and captain aiming mode?

13. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I really don't want to see this game get so complicated that it gets convoluted. I like this game mode better than Chrispin's Shiprekt mod because it's simpler.

14. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Blackcat, think of classic, Its a base for something bigger. Current shiprekt is a build n kill, but it could evolve into many other mode variations. Im thinking an rpg shiprekt would be sooooo doppeee. When later varions of shiprekt come, the original will probably be called shiprekt TDM or something so its clear.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2014 ---
    screen-14-10-15-04-08-16.png On a side note.... death star anyone?

AntonioModer, PUNK123 and BC like this.
  15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I also would like to see other variations of this mode based off this mod
    • Ship racing (would kind of remind me of star wars)
    • RPG(wat haste said)
    • A island version with island cores instead of ship cores
    • Big maps a lot of players
    Come on modders get to it :wink:

16. herougan

herougan Catapult Fodder

Hey Strathos! Its [RED]'s herougan earlier. I would like to help if possible! : ) Thanks! Just PM me and we can work out the details, if you want, of course.

17. Risa3571

Risa3571 Builder Stabber

Hey! When i resize the MAP png file server won't load my map! ::(: HELP! ::(:

18. Strathos

Strathos updated Shiprekt Plus with a new update entry:

big update with stability and gameplay improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

Geti and Haste like this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Excited, will have to check this out tomorrow!

20. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Hey I have been noticing that bombs are not being used that much. I tried using them and they don't really do enough damage. I think they could use some rebalancing.